[RESOLVED] more air combat issues

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

User avatar
SeaQueen
Posts: 1436
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:20 am
Location: Washington D.C.

RE: more air combat issues

Post by SeaQueen »

ORIGINAL: Yokes
4. I like that BVR-equipped fighters Winchester when all the BVRs are gone, but I hate that they seem to think they are completely unarmed. I have Eagles heading home with sidewinders and someone starts shooting at them from close range (gun shots!) and they just go defensive and never attempt to fight back. Would it be possible for some offensive shots to be part of a defensive engagement? Or is there some other way to do this? I am guessing the answer is to turn the "Winchester RTB" option off, but I don't want them charging into a gun fight wielding a knife. I only want them using the knife when they are in a knife fight. Make sense?

This one is easily fixed using a doctrine setting under "Weapon state, pre-planned":

"Shotgun: All BVR or Stand-Off Weapons Have Been Expended. Allow easy targets of opportunity with BVR or strike weapons.."

There's two of them, one allows air to air guns, the other does not. Exactly what the AI considers to be an "easy" target is probably an interesting discussion to be had.
Scorpion86
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:19 pm

RE: more air combat issues

Post by Scorpion86 »

ORIGINAL: Dimitris
ORIGINAL: Scorpion86
I can confirm this. Playing Crimea River, I lost many a good HARM this way.

Is there a suitable pre-fire save file we can investigate? Thanks!

I tried to reproduce the issue in this mini-mission, but I couldn't. The HARM could be (manually) fired whenever the ambiguous zone was within the missile's range. It initially tracked the ambiguous zone marker at launch, but then turned to the radar's true location, I suppose when the missile's nose picked up the scent. Then, the radar would lose the ambiguous zone.

I also discovered a minor bug in this mission, but I'll make a thread just for that.
Attachments
TestHARM.zip
(39.3 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Dimitris
Posts: 15989
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:29 am
Contact:

RE: more air combat issues

Post by Dimitris »

So I think we're done here ?
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”