PVO interception

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

chaos45
Posts: 2043
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2001 10:00 am

RE: PVO interception

Post by chaos45 »

Would need someone doing the under the hood math to speak up....but im pretty sure the Guards airbases do provide a benefit the air groups in them of some sort, its just been years since there has been a discussion on it.

You have to remember there are a ton of under the hood calculations going on in the game you don't see as a player.

At this point I haven't been playing and don't feel like digging into the huge rule book or past forums posts to find it.
Chris21wen
Posts: 7903
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Cottesmore, Rutland

RE: PVO interception

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: chaos45

Would need someone doing the under the hood math to speak up....but im pretty sure the Guards airbases do provide a benefit the air groups in them of some sort, its just been years since there has been a discussion on it.

You have to remember there are a ton of under the hood calculations going on in the game you don't see as a player.

At this point I haven't been playing and don't feel like digging into the huge rule book or past forums posts to find it.

I'm inclined to agree with you, there must be some reason for having them. Since updating the manual I've got a fair grip on what it says and I can remember nothing and a search found nothing but I had to stop before I completed it. I'll have another go tomorrow.
User avatar
56ajax
Posts: 2320
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:43 am
Location: Cairns, Australia

RE: PVO interception

Post by 56ajax »

I couldn't find anything in the manual. I have a memory of asking on the forums about the value of airbase morale and experience and got no answer. If the number of Guards units has an upper limit then probably best to disband Guards Airbases.
Molotov : This we did not deserve.

Foch : This is not peace. This is a 20 year armistice.

C'est la guerre aérienne
chaos45
Posts: 2043
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2001 10:00 am

RE: PVO interception

Post by chaos45 »

guard airbases have no effect on other guards units.

You have a guards limit per type of unit- airbase, infantry, tank, mechanized.

Cav, mountain, and airborne can all become guards 100% if you get enough wins on all the units. Its one reasons soviet cav corps are one of the best soviet units in 1942 and 1943 as they can all gain guards status.
Post Reply

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”