Ghost partial squadrons on CV's returning from Pearl

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid

Post Reply
Bill_L.
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Queens, NY

Ghost partial squadrons on CV's returning from Pearl

Post by Bill_L. »

Hi everyone,
Sent CV's to Pearl after basing their air components at Noumea, they returned with several partial squadrons (1/VF42 etc...) with an A-20 Boston plane icon. Tried several things to get rid of them, like basing them all on the CVE Long Island and sending that back to Pearl but as soon as I sent it they appeared back on their CV's (nice try anyway). Is there any way to get rid of these annoying things? Checked the bug forum but only found a passing mention.
Thanks... Bill
User avatar
Hartley
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:21 pm

Post by Hartley »

That is a nasty bug. I tried everything, including putting the partial with the mother FS on the same CV, but nothing helped.

Luckily I had a save game from a couple of days before I started messing with the CV AGs.
User avatar
Hoplosternum
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2002 8:39 pm
Location: Romford, England

Post by Hoplosternum »

The ghost Boston's tend to go away if you park the CV at a port for a few turns. If this does not work try disbanding it into a port for a few turns. I have certainly had ghost Boston's after shifting around squadrens and this cleared it up. But I cannot remember which step does it :confused: You have to do it for at least a couple of days though, maybe it is resolved when the squadren checks for reinforcements? That now only happens when in port for CVs and not every day.

Good luck. When I had this it also shrank my fighter squadren to 24 (with 12 reserves).
Sonny
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2002 9:51 pm

Post by Sonny »

Hmm, mediums on a CV - could be powerful.

:eek:
Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "
User avatar
Hoplosternum
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2002 8:39 pm
Location: Romford, England

Post by Hoplosternum »

That was my first thought when I got them :D

But unfortunately the squadren is a fighter one :eek: and no planes ever fill it up :(

Otherwise they would have been a very nice addition :D
Bill_L.
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Queens, NY

Post by Bill_L. »

Had it change one F4F-4 Squadron from 36 active to 24 active and 12 reserves when it was at a land base as well. I put it back on the CV and it went back to 36 active then transferred it back to land base just to see and it dropped back to 24/12, not that big a deal.
wobbly
Posts: 1095
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 12:27 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand

Post by wobbly »

I've got exactly the same problem. I had taken screen shots and everything, but thought I'd do a search in case I wasnt the first - good thing I did. i take it that leaving it in port remedies the problem...
[center]
Image
[/center]
Mike_B20
Posts: 389
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:43 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by Mike_B20 »

I've got this problem as well.
I've tried disbanding into port, leaving the CV docked...nothing works so far. Been trying to fix the problem for about 4 days, will continue trying.

Really horrendous little bug this one.
Never give up, never surrender
User avatar
crsutton
Posts: 9590
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Ghost partial squadrons on CV's returning from Pearl

Post by crsutton »

Mike_B20 wrote:I've got this problem as well.
I've tried disbanding into port, leaving the CV docked...nothing works so far. Been trying to fix the problem for about 4 days, will continue trying.

Really horrendous little bug this one.
I documented and posted this bug about three months ago. So, they are at least aware of it. There is a simple in game fix that i figured out but I can't remember for the life of me what it was. Disbanding or transfering the ghost Boston squadron was not the solution though.

Try transferring your wildcat squadron to land for a while. See if the A20 does not dissapear after a bit. Then transfer the wildcats back to the ship while they both are at the same base. Make sure the wildcat squdron is up to full strength with no damaged planes before the transfer. This may work.


This may not be the correct fix but is was something simple and similar to this.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
User avatar
Hoplosternum
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2002 8:39 pm
Location: Romford, England

Post by Hoplosternum »

Hi,

Here is a link to an old thread talking about the same problem. Wilhammer suggested a cure which I used successfully although I think it took more than one day to resolve at least for one of my CVs.

Phantom planes

I hope this helps :)
Post Reply

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”