Surface Warfare Tutorials are work in progress?

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Post Reply
BogdanM
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:05 pm

Surface Warfare Tutorials are work in progress?

Post by BogdanM »

I've started going through the tutorials, the air warfare and submarine tutorial were very informative and easy to follow the instructions.

I can't say the same about the ASW tutorials/exercises. There are no pop-in messages, the briefing is vague and regardless of which mission I choose (eg. with helicopter support available or defending against a FIAC, the game always loads the first scenario (the one with the helicopter unavailable/in maintenance). Not to mention I never find the enemy sub without cheating (Tacview god view) and when I find it, no further instructions are provided so my ship follows the "unfriendly" sub until the time runs out.

Is this all that there is for these scenario at the moment? I just want to know if the are working properly.
Dimitris
Posts: 15999
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:29 am
Contact:

RE: Surface Warfare Tutorials are work in progress?

Post by Dimitris »

Hi,

We fixed the problem with the briefings in the latest beta update (https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4732689) so give this a try.

In these scenarios there is deliberately no mid-game handholding via popups like in the other tutorials; you are given the briefing at the start and are expected to handle yourself from then on. Different creator, different flavor [:)]
Chris21wen
Posts: 7906
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Cottesmore, Rutland

RE: Surface Warfare Tutorials are work in progress?

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Dimitris

Hi,

We fixed the problem with the briefings in the latest beta update (https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4732689) so give this a try.

In these scenarios there is deliberately no mid-game handholding via popups like in the other tutorials; you are given the briefing at the start and are expected to handle yourself from then on. Different creator, different flavor [:)]


As I pointed out before this does not help people learn the basics, it's the wrong approach. You could play any scenario to acheive this.

BogdanM
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:05 pm

RE: Surface Warfare Tutorials are work in progress?

Post by BogdanM »

I've copied the beta update files and tried to first mission again. To be honest I'm not sure what has changed in the briefing. Somehow I managed to find the enemy sub on my first try, sunk it with torpedoes which ended the scenario but I got 0 points for my trouble. [:(]
Post Reply

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”