I would like to know the game, of this type, that doesn’t have silly AI. I’ve decided it’s just not possible to make AI – with the resources available to the typical developers of this type of game – that is complex and dynamic enough to not look dumb. I only ever play my dumb self now, single player, in these JTS games, in hot seat mode. That works very well. For a challenge a PBEM opponent is very easy to find over in The Blitz, normally.
The only game I know, of this type, which takes seriously the AI challenge, is Command Ops 2. And even that’s a continual work in progress.
Mr Tiller, on the other hand, seems very hands off about AI refinement, so I wouldn’t expect any changes. Davids team here at WDS are not responsible for that kind of coding, I believe. So the AI limits are nothing to do with them or their work.
https://www.wargamedesignstudio.com/202 ... -update-2/
That’s very interesting, too bad they still don’t highlight this on their website. Some of their games are almost unplayable against the AI.




