[Answered] Install Directory

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Post Reply
thewood1
Posts: 10410
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Boston

[Answered] Install Directory

Post by thewood1 »

Is the issue of NEVER being able to change the install directory ever going to be fixed? I just installed a new drive on my laptop and have bumped into this again.

I was hoping the message came through fairly clearly a few months ago that punishing your most active players because other players having no clue what they are doing or mistakes Matrix made in previous versions is not a good position to take. I now have to completely uninstall and reinstall AGAIN! I'd like to bill whoever made that decision my hourly rate. The worst part is I just did a reinstall two weeks ago because I was trying to organize my harddrive. I hate to imagine how much time I have wasted now.

edit: Is there someplace in the registry I can change the default directory? Because that's a lot easier than spending 25 minutes installing and about 30 minutes entering all the serial numbers again.

edit 2: Add 15 minutes per uninstall also.
Surtur
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:37 pm
Location: The Netherlands

RE: Install Directory

Post by Surtur »

As I mentioned in the other thread. It is by design, to prevent human error. We still think it to be the best way of doing things. You pick your desired folder during the installation process and if you wish to move it to a new folder you are advised to uninstall and reinstall the game.

- Surtur
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”