Turn 9. Jan/Feb 1941. Western Front.
Partisans.
1. Brazen French partisan unit seizes control of a coal mine in northeast France, disrupting 1 PP of axis war production.
Competitive.
1. No matter how well you think you've covered an occupied country it never hurts to take a second look. I though I had all the critical hexes in France either garrisoned by or in the zoc of an unit. I overlooked this RP and sure enough a French partisan popped up and was placed on the uncovered RP.
2. Also, I taught myself a lesson I already knew but hadn't quickly enough to apply. That is, once France falls and the axis have access to the west coast of France, it's generally not good for the allies to attempt to route convoys through the Bay of Biscay. A lesson I as the Brits learned painfully hard again this turn.
3. Look at the strong RN naval forces in the 0 and 3 boxes of the Bay of Biscay. Even with a commitment of this magnitude German and Italy were able to inflict significant losses on British convoys in this sea area this turn.
