SPWAW patches

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
McGib
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Ontario Canada

SPWAW patches

Post by McGib »

Greetings folks, first post in 2 years, and I'm out of touch on how to find stuff. I have the full version of the game version 5.0 and most of the links to d/l 7.1 are broken. Does anyone know where I might get patches to upgrade from 5 to 7.1?
Ready Aye Ready
User avatar
chief
Posts: 1617
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Haines City FL, USA

Post by chief »

Believe I can help you on this one. Top of page, click on downloads, center of downloads page, last box right hand column, click and follow info just below 7.1 download. If you have any problems send me PM.....welcome back
"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief
User avatar
DoomedMantis
Posts: 1357
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by DoomedMantis »

A quick question

Have version 7.0, and downloaded and loaded the 7.1 update, but the game still states that it is version 7.0, anything I can do to check whether I am actually playing 7.1 rather than 7.0 other than in game? Version 7 came from Lost Victories disk

regards

DM
I shall make it a felony to drink small beer.

- Shakespeare
Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Posts: 3943
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 10:00 am

Post by Les_the_Sarge_9_1 »

First guess is you have encountered the name gap error.

I think it was the 7.1 update that has a difference between "Matrix Games", and "MatrixGames" in the file name which will direct the update incorrectly.

Incredibly small error admittedly. I usually specifically load the game in a custom location, and as such this error doesn't effect me.
I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
User avatar
DoomedMantis
Posts: 1357
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by DoomedMantis »

yep that was it, thanks

DM
I shall make it a felony to drink small beer.

- Shakespeare
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”