Campiagn Design

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
Stukadawg
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon May 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Long Island NY

Campiagn Design

Post by Stukadawg »

This question was asked a while back but I haven't been faithfully visiting here as I should so I missed the answer.

When designing a campaign, with the first battle you get to decide the build points available to the player. With the following battles, if a value is placed in the build point slot, will those points be available to a player to increase his core units?

Also, is there any way to give a choice to players regarding the East or West fronts like in the Long Campaign?

I want to build a campaign for the Polish that goes from '39 to '45 with some oddball battles in between so that players aren't upgrading from '39 into '44. That way they don't go into battle later on with early war units. I figured I'd give the player the option of going to North Africa or to Greece with their British allies.

Thanks for your help,
\_STUKADAWG_/
User avatar
Warrior2
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2001 8:00 am
Location: West Palm Beach, FL USA

Post by Warrior2 »

I can't answer your question, but your campaign sounds like a winner. If you need help testing it, give me a shout!
Image
Image
Wild Bill
Posts: 6428
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Smyrna, Ga, 30080

Post by Wild Bill »

I think I answered this one before.

1. Build or core points are for purchasing units in the first battle. After that they can only be used to upgrade or repair your core units.

2. The only way to add units later is to make the aux units but you'll have to add them in every battle you want them and as such they do not accumulate experience points.

3. You can't change nationalities. You can change fronts, of course by designing the scenario for the particular front you want, but you'll still fight with the same core units.

Good luck with your campaign, Stukadawg...WB
Image
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”