1.00.081 update

Warplan is a World War 2 simulation engine. It is a balance of realism and playability incorporating the best from 50 years of World War 2 board wargaming.

Moderator: AlvaroSousa

User avatar
AlvaroSousa
Posts: 12127
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:13 pm
Contact:

1.00.081 update

Post by AlvaroSousa »

WP is in the queue for updating to 1.00.081. We are looking at next week sometime for the update.

We are doing a patch because some players are having graphical issues with the engine conversion from Unity 2017 to Unity 2019 in full screen mode. Unlike 2017, the 2019 version isn't exclusively full screening causing skips with screen edge mouse movements.

If you have the skipping this is the current work around.
Window mode -> minimize windows taskbar (and any other) -> maximize warplan screen -> full screen mode.

As an added goodie I included more fixes I was saving for the next patch. I worked all weekend to get these in.

If you haven't done so please write a steam review. Doesn't matter if it's good or bad. I read them all to get a feel on what is right, what is wrong, and what to improve. It really helps promote the game. Wargamer.com did an article on WarPlan's 1.00.08 patch and mentioned the "positive" steam review.

1.00.081

Fixed graphical and minor bugs from Unity 2019 engine upgrade
Fixed coast resupply bug with fleets
Change HQs may no longer be disbanded for production
Fixed merging 2 divisions together name when none are available
Fixed A.I. advance after combat bug
Fixed Axis in Turkey supply problem by adding supply depot next to Istanbul
Fixed Canadian air ranges
Added Fleets with land units in which the port is occupied can CTRL-right click to unload land unit in an adjacent land hex when the fleet is in port.
Added hotkeys text for the above in the help -> hotkeys section
Added hotkeys for repair and mode "E" and "M"
Fixed naval combat messages
Fixed naval units no longer retreat from ports
Change increased port sizes in Greenland and Azores to fully support a division garrison and air unit
Added Persian Lend Lease route for USSR via event script.
Change -5 production from 225,73 iron resource
Change coast of Norway
Added minefield West of Oslo
Fixed Turkey Axis supply issues if Axis invade
Fixed number of units being built so it doesn't merge with support pool units
Fixed Vichy France logistics
Added "k" hotkey for supply trucks when a land or air unit is selected
Added bomb icons on map to show strategic bombardment damage
Added graphical options menu in main and game menus (options)
Fixed save game centering with non-1x UI scale
Fixed minor country advancedment change bug
Fixed Unity 2019 engine date text bug
Change increase naval ID level increase from 35% to 40% chance
Change lowered slightly search and spotting tables for naval battles
Fixed Options screen offset
Fixed airfield placement
Removed Maginot line in 1941-44 scenarios
Fixed event $GiveUnit now also gives CV air strength to naval group
Fixed scenario flags for Malta and Gibraltar supply isolation
Fixed deployment bug for minors

Thanks for your patience.
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
Nirosi
Posts: 2433
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:01 pm

RE: 1.00.081 update

Post by Nirosi »

As an added goodie I included more fixes I was saving for the next patch. I worked all weekend to get these in.

Thanks Alvaro.
User avatar
ago1000
Posts: 901
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:12 am
Location: Canada

RE: 1.00.081 update

Post by ago1000 »

I have a Steam account with a Steam key for my matrix version of the game. I'm just wondering would I be able to upload the beta versions of the game if I move to steam? Is it as easy as with the Matrix version. I see a link in the open Beta section for Steam and I'm assuming that you would copy the files in a similar fashion but probably in a different location on your computer for a Steam game?

Thanks for the update
User avatar
AlvaroSousa
Posts: 12127
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:13 pm
Contact:

RE: 1.00.081 update

Post by AlvaroSousa »

You would need the beta steam version which right now is 1 version behind. I have not added any betas. I am waiting on 1.00.081 to update.

Steam version would be in another location with the steam beta version.
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
MorningDew
Posts: 1145
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:24 pm
Location: Greenville, SC

RE: 1.00.081 update

Post by MorningDew »

I am curious about this change.

>> Added minefield West of Oslo

I started a new game after deploying the beta files in the beta link (both gamedata and sceanrios). Running EXE dated 9/10/2020 and 1939 Scenario file is dated 9/6/2020.

This is what Oslo looked like for me - I do not see a minefield west of it.


Image
Attachments
Oslo.jpg
Oslo.jpg (34.85 KiB) Viewed 1022 times
User avatar
AlvaroSousa
Posts: 12127
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:13 pm
Contact:

RE: 1.00.081 update

Post by AlvaroSousa »

It's not in beta. It's in whereever I listed it .08 or .081. I think it's .08

The beta is old version currently.
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
MorningDew
Posts: 1145
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:24 pm
Location: Greenville, SC

RE: 1.00.081 update

Post by MorningDew »

Odd. It showed in the list on the beta post:

September 9th 2020 - Beta 1.00.09U1

Added Fleets with land units in which the port is occupied can CTRL-right click to unload land unit in an adjacent land hex when the fleet is in port.
Added hotkeys text for the above in the help -> hotkeys section
Added hotkeys for repair and mode "E" and "M"
Fixed naval combat messages
Fixed naval units no longer retreat from ports
Change increased port sizes in Greenland and Azores to fully support a division garrison and air unit
Added Persian Lend Lease route for USSR via event script.
Change -5 production from 225,73 iron resource
Change coast of Norway
Added minefield West of Oslo
Fixed Turkey Axis supply issues if Axis invade
Fixed number of units being built so it doesn't merge with support pool units
Fixed Vichy France logistics
Added "k" hotkey for supply trucks when a land or air unit is selected
Added bomb icons on map to show strategic bombardment damage
MorningDew
Posts: 1145
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:24 pm
Location: Greenville, SC

RE: 1.00.081 update

Post by MorningDew »

Just FYI - my auto updater picked up 1.00.08.01
MorningDew
Posts: 1145
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:24 pm
Location: Greenville, SC

RE: 1.00.081 update

Post by MorningDew »

Installed patch - still don't see a minefield west of Oslo. Am I missing something?



Image
Attachments
Oslo2.jpg
Oslo2.jpg (28.11 KiB) Viewed 1022 times
malkarma
Posts: 318
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:32 pm

RE: 1.00.081 update

Post by malkarma »

Are you using the Panzermike map mod?
If that's the case, it's possible that until he updates the mod the minefield will not appear. Same with the Leningrad water road.
User avatar
zakblood
Posts: 22788
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:19 am

RE: 1.00.081 update

Post by zakblood »

Version 1.00.8.1 just hit steam thanks
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (25H2) (26200.7309)
MorningDew
Posts: 1145
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:24 pm
Location: Greenville, SC

RE: 1.00.081 update

Post by MorningDew »

ORIGINAL: malkarma

Are you using the Panzermike map mod?
If that's the case, it's possible that until he updates the mod the minefield will not appear. Same with the Leningrad water road.

Ah - that might be it. Although other minefields are displayed. Doing a clean install.
Surtur
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:37 pm
Location: The Netherlands

RE: 1.00.081 update

Post by Surtur »

Update is live now also for Matrix version. Use the check for updates button or grab it here
MorningDew
Posts: 1145
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:24 pm
Location: Greenville, SC

RE: 1.00.081 update

Post by MorningDew »

Nope - clean install and I still do not show any minefield west of Oslo.

Image
Attachments
Oslo3.jpg
Oslo3.jpg (66.36 KiB) Viewed 1032 times
malkarma
Posts: 318
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:32 pm

RE: 1.00.081 update

Post by malkarma »

I have started a new game and the minefields appear at 153,74 and 153,73
Start a new game and check it. They should appear.
ORIGINAL: AlvaroSousa

Change increased port sizes in Greenland and Azores to fully support a division garrison and air unit
Azores still appears at a 1 capacity port. Greenland ports are ok.




MorningDew
Posts: 1145
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:24 pm
Location: Greenville, SC

RE: 1.00.081 update

Post by MorningDew »

So odd. As you can see in the image, that is a new game and I do not have minefields.

I removed both the main Warplan folder and the My Games\WarPlan folder and then reinstalled.

Here is the folder after install. Is the date of 8/17/2020 the updated file? You can see from the folder dates that this is as of this morning.

NOTE: EXE is dated 9/17/2020 at 10:57 AM

Image
Attachments
WarPlanFolder.jpg
WarPlanFolder.jpg (68.6 KiB) Viewed 1032 times
malkarma
Posts: 318
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:32 pm

RE: 1.00.081 update

Post by malkarma »

In my folder, all the .SCNFiles have the 22/09 date
Maybe there is the issue.
Try this:
1) Make a copy of the campaing folder (just in case).
2) Remove the campaing folder at all.
3) Let the game create a new one.
User avatar
AlvaroSousa
Posts: 12127
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:13 pm
Contact:

RE: 1.00.081 update

Post by AlvaroSousa »

SavedGames
UserSavedData shouldnt be in campaigns
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
MorningDew
Posts: 1145
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:24 pm
Location: Greenville, SC

RE: 1.00.081 update

Post by MorningDew »

Nope - I deleted the Campaign folder. Fired up the game and it warns that the folder is missing. Then reran 1.000.08.01 update that I downloaded from the link above and it reinstalled the 8/15/2020 scenario files.

Alvaro - what file(s) should I look at that would cause the minefield west of Oslo to appear in a new game?
User avatar
AlvaroSousa
Posts: 12127
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:13 pm
Contact:

RE: 1.00.081 update

Post by AlvaroSousa »

The map doesn't change on existing games. Only on new ones.
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
Post Reply

Return to “WarPlan”