Simple questions...

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
sami heimola
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon May 08, 2000 8:00 am
Location: kouvola finland

Simple questions...

Post by sami heimola »

So, situation of v.8.0 right now? Under works or ready (as someone claimed in other topic)? Any info about possible release date? Size?
User avatar
Resisti
Posts: 1236
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Livorno, Italy

Post by Resisti »

The 8.0 is ready
It will go out at the same time as MCSE( don't know if it will be included in the CD, but it is reasonable to think so).
It should be few weeks now.
Size: unless there will be extra files that I don't know of(like an updated mech.exe) should be around 10/12 MB
Federico "Resisti" Doveri
sami heimola
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon May 08, 2000 8:00 am
Location: kouvola finland

Post by sami heimola »

Resisti wrote:The 8.0 is ready
It will go out at the same time as MCSE( don't know if it will be included in the CD, but it is reasonable to think so).
It should be few weeks now.
Size: unless there will be extra files that I don't know of(like an updated mech.exe) should be around 10/12 MB
Hmm does it mean that only MCSE will include v.8.0? Will Matrix share it without MCSE at all?
User avatar
Resisti
Posts: 1236
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Livorno, Italy

Post by Resisti »

No, you misunderstood (or I didn't make it clear enough ;) ):
I'm pretty sure it will be released as a stand alone update, while I've no sure info if it will be added to the MegaCampaign CD, too (but as I said, I think it would be reasonable to do so).
Federico "Resisti" Doveri
User avatar
Alby
Posts: 4659
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Contact:

Post by Alby »

So why not release the 8.0 update if it is finished?? :confused:

User avatar
tracer
Posts: 1841
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2000 10:00 am
Location: New Smyrna Beach, FL USA
Contact:

Post by tracer »

Alby wrote:So why not release the 8.0 update if it is finished?? :confused:
I'm sure Bryan Melvin is only waiting to see if any last-minute changes are necessary as the MC goes thru its final testing. AFAIK the OOBs will come out before the MC...unless there's some constraint from Matrix that I'm unaware of.
Jim NSB ImageImage
drdespair
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:45 am

Post by drdespair »

From what I was able to hear, is that ther OOB for V8 is finished, however there are a few changes that might be included for the mech file which are not yet delivired, and then its realy up to Matrix to release the two, my guess they will release it at the same time as the new MC, just because there isnt realy a point in releasing one and then a week or two later the other, it would involve additional resources.

D.
User avatar
Alby
Posts: 4659
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Contact:

Post by Alby »

drdespair wrote:From what I was able to hear, is that ther OOB for V8 is finished, however there are a few changes that might be included for the mech file which are not yet delivired, and then its realy up to Matrix to release the two, my guess they will release it at the same time as the new MC, just because there isnt realy a point in releasing one and then a week or two later the other, it would involve additional resources.

D.
Well the 8.0 oob upgrade will be a download correct? Whereas the MC will require a purchase, so the 2 will not necessarily require the same resources.
I had heard the upgrade had already been given to matrix, Just wondering why the silence from matrix?
Or will we have to purchase the MC in order to upgrade to 8.0??
just wonderin.....

User avatar
Bernie
Posts: 1675
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2002 3:18 am
Location: Depot HQ - Virginia
Contact:

Post by Bernie »

Alby wrote:Well the 8.0 oob upgrade will be a download correct? Whereas the MC will require a purchase, so the 2 will not necessarily require the same resources.
I had heard the upgrade had already been given to matrix, Just wondering why the silence from matrix?
Or will we have to purchase the MC in order to upgrade to 8.0??
just wonderin.....
I can't answer for Matrix, or what their release plans might be for the 8.0 OOB's, but MCSE will require the 8.0 OOB's to display properly. That much is for certain.
What, me worry?
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”