"Von Ryan's Express" Caption This:

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

PavelPipovitsch
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2002 2:00 pm
Location: Germany

Post by PavelPipovitsch »

Charles_22 wrote:And so we fight the constant battle to keep the more childish stuff to one forum. It's like placing a snake in the backyard, secured with chicken wire.
I think I must appologize. I didn´t want to create any harsh feelings here.
Sorry.
Text:"Uranium-238 becomes DU, which is 0.7 times as radioactive as natural uranium. "
Tomanbeg:"I did the important parts in case you are to lazy to read it all. DU is .7 % or .007 as radioactive as natural Uranium."

Old Eagle:"Nazis were leftists
User avatar
Goblin
Posts: 5418
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2002 7:57 pm
Location: Erie,Pa. USA
Contact:

Post by Goblin »

PavelPipovitsch wrote:I think I must appologize. I didn´t want to create any harsh feelings here.
Sorry.
Pavel, you didn't, so no worries. I just wanted to make sure that someone didn't get offended. There is someone here that might. Jess, me, and some other guys got a thread shut down for a lot less once because someone complained.

Anyways, thanks!

Goblin :)
User avatar
Charles2222
Posts: 3687
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2001 10:00 am

Post by Charles2222 »

PavelPipovitsch wrote:I think I must appologize. I didn´t want to create any harsh feelings here.
Sorry.
It's just something the posters to all but the AoW forums have to put up with now and again, simply because most people aren't intuitive enough to expect there would be a difference between that forum and the others.
User avatar
Charles2222
Posts: 3687
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2001 10:00 am

Post by Charles2222 »

tracer wrote:He was a sidekick of Felix the Cat; here's Vavoom's only line/weapon: http://home.cfl.rr.com/lagoon/img/FC_Vavoom.wav

...and a badguy's attempt to stop him: http://home.cfl.rr.com/lagoon/img/FC_One_Vavoom.wav
Ohhhhhhh, you're the same guy that had the Felix avatar before. I guess vavoom had to fill in while Felix went chasing rats.
User avatar
Bernie
Posts: 1675
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2002 3:18 am
Location: Depot HQ - Virginia
Contact:

Post by Bernie »

Charles_22 wrote:Well that would be kind of a hassle wouldn't it? Everytime we would get in a thread with you we would be va-voomed. I recall that strange dude. Was he ever with Bugs Bunny? He looked as though he was penned by the same man if he hadn't been with Bugs. I can't recall how similar the va-voom was similar to Mr. Limpet's noise.
Charles, I think he means a pictorial representation of the sound emmanating from the avatar character, not the actual sound. It's usually done with curved lines that get longer as they move away from the character's mouth, sometimes with the words inbetween the lines.
What, me worry?
User avatar
Charles2222
Posts: 3687
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2001 10:00 am

Post by Charles2222 »

Bernie wrote:Charles, I think he means a pictorial representation of the sound emmanating from the avatar character, not the actual sound. It's usually done with curved lines that get longer as they move away from the character's mouth, sometimes with the words inbetween the lines.
A distinct possibility, however, you've ran into pages where everytime a sound is played, and that can be tiring rather quickly. Imagine the thread domination if you heard a vavoom everytime Tracer was in a thread. If tracer could arrange some way to get in every thread, we would have to change the name of the website to vavoom ;) . We could also have a user with the Mr. Limpet boom, and if they were in the same trhead together we could have them fighting it out.
User avatar
tracer
Posts: 1841
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2000 10:00 am
Location: New Smyrna Beach, FL USA
Contact:

Post by tracer »

I meant the 'pictoral represenation', not the actual sound. If that sound played every time a post of mine appeared I would expect: A) to be kicked from the forums, or B) to have my screen name changed to "that a$$****" ;)
Jim NSB ImageImage
User avatar
Charles2222
Posts: 3687
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2001 10:00 am

Post by Charles2222 »

Yes the avatar is too small to allow for much verbal vavooming. Though you could change the gif to add layers that would say vavoom after he moves his mouth, replacing the character with the words.
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”