UK conquering Iraq/Iran = exploit?

Warplan is a World War 2 simulation engine. It is a balance of realism and playability incorporating the best from 50 years of World War 2 board wargaming.

Moderator: AlvaroSousa

ComadrejaKorp
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 9:15 am
Location: Sitges-SPAIN

RE: UK conquering Iraq/Iran = exploit?

Post by ComadrejaKorp »

In my opinion I like how it works now, sometimes I did it (Dow playing as an Ally), and it has its advantages and disadvantages, it also depends on whether it is at the beginning of the game or in the summer of 1940, everything changes depending on how your rival plays.
This is what you cannot kill of Warplan, the possibility of creating different scenarios with an uncertain future, sometimes it will work and give you victory and other times it will not work.
malkarma
Posts: 318
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:32 pm

RE: UK conquering Iraq/Iran = exploit?

Post by malkarma »

If you ever try this against me be sure that I will blame you for such cheap trick...from Alexandria [:D][:D][:D]
User avatar
OxfordGuy3
Posts: 1245
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:44 pm
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

RE: UK conquering Iraq/Iran = exploit?

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

ORIGINAL: MagicMissile

Move the Italian fleet to Venice place som air units there. Let German troops into Egypt, I am really not sure if the UK can hold it and German troops on the French Italian border. I dont think it is such a good idea for the allies but might be worth a try

Why put the Italian fleet and air units in Venice, how does that help you get German troops into Egypt? I'm still trying to learn how to play Warplan.
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - George S. Patton
User avatar
MagicMissile
Posts: 2042
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:18 am
Location: A village in Thailand

RE: UK conquering Iraq/Iran = exploit?

Post by MagicMissile »

As far away from the French navy as you can get :). The idea is with a early DoW from the allies the aim is to try and use the French fleet to try and damage the Italian navy. So therefore hide it in Venice far from the French and guard the Aegean sea with some airunits.

You dont need the navy to ship units to Egypt. Well you might if the allied fleets try to block you. But otherwise you do not.

/MM

User avatar
OxfordGuy3
Posts: 1245
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:44 pm
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

RE: UK conquering Iraq/Iran = exploit?

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

ORIGINAL: MagicMissile

As far away from the French navy as you can get :). The idea is with a early DoW from the allies the aim is to try and use the French fleet to try and damage the Italian navy. So therefore hide it in Venice far from the French and guard the Aegean sea with some airunits.

Okay, so it's to keep the Italian navy safe, I get that. But wouldn't you then guard the Adriatic sea with air units, rather than the Aegean? Also you'd only able to put one Axis air unit in the Aegean (on Rhodes), no? Also, I don't see how an Axis air unit in the Aegean would be able to support a naval invasion in the Eastern Mediterranean, if it's there for that reason
ORIGINAL: MagicMissile
You dont need the navy to ship units to Egypt. Well you might if the allied fleets try to block you. But otherwise you do not.

Isn't that very high risk to sail an unprotected transport fleet into the Eastern Mediterranean? Either the French or British could have substantial naval patrols within range of the landing beaches. Am I missing something obvious? I must admit I'm still getting to grips with how naval combat and invasions work in Warplan.
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - George S. Patton
User avatar
MagicMissile
Posts: 2042
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:18 am
Location: A village in Thailand

RE: UK conquering Iraq/Iran = exploit?

Post by MagicMissile »

Yes you are perfectly right I meant the Adriatic. I mixed them up [:)]. Well mostly not for invading just want to land them in Tobruk or Benghasi and walk from there. But absolutely an allied player most likely would try to interrupt transport of units to Africa so one would have to adapt to circumstances.

/MM
User avatar
OxfordGuy3
Posts: 1245
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:44 pm
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

RE: UK conquering Iraq/Iran = exploit?

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

ORIGINAL: MagicMissile

Yes you are perfectly right I meant the Adriatic. I mixed them up [:)]. Well mostly not for invading just want to land them in Tobruk or Benghasi and walk from there. But absolutely an allied player most likely would try to interrupt transport of units to Africa so one would have to adapt to circumstances.

Okay, yes that would make more sense, though risky to be transporting units to North Africa with both the French and British fleets about. Bit less risky than invading directly, as it least you could use some land based air to try to keep the allies "honest" with their fleet placements near Libya.
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - George S. Patton
Post Reply

Return to “WarPlan”