WITP:AE

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Post Reply
AndrewPZ
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:01 pm

WITP:AE

Post by AndrewPZ »

Just bought the game - i used to play the original many years ago. Any tips for a returning Grog?
I have read many of the AAR and browsed threads pertaining to the game. See you on the pacific!!
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: WITP:AE

Post by RangerJoe »

This is an entire different game. Start small with the Coral Sea scenario, then the Guadalcanal scenario.

When you look at the threads for information, it normally shows the threads only going back for one year. You can change that so look at all of the threads for help. But also look at what the updates have changed as well.

Bookmark the threads that you think that you will need to look at again and again. When in doubt, bookmark it.

Heed Alfred's advise, he is usually correct and will cite relevant threads and/or parts of the manual.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
rustysi
Posts: 7472
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:23 am
Location: LI, NY

RE: WITP:AE

Post by rustysi »

This is an entire different game.

+1
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
User avatar
Mercenary
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:05 pm
Location: Russia.

RE: WITP:AE

Post by Mercenary »

hello everyone.
Question. In the "Opponents Wanted" form section, I saw the phrase: "Open to stock, DaBabes, RA, etc."
What does "DaBabes" mean?
What does "RA" mean?
Alfred
Posts: 6683
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:56 am

RE: WITP:AE

Post by Alfred »

They are mods.

Neither Kull nor I recommend new players attempt to play any mods before they have learnt the standard game mechanics involved in the official scenarios which are numbered 1-25. Any scenario number 26 and above is a mod.

Alfred
User avatar
Yaab
Posts: 5615
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:09 pm
Location: Poland

RE: WITP:AE

Post by Yaab »

ORIGINAL: Mercenary

hello everyone.
Question. In the "Opponents Wanted" form section, I saw the phrase: "Open to stock, DaBabes, RA, etc."
What does "DaBabes" mean?
What does "RA" mean?


See here for the list of available scenarios for WITP:AE
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3088504
User avatar
Mercenary
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:05 pm
Location: Russia.

RE: WITP:AE

Post by Mercenary »

Yaab, Alfred.

Thanks.

Image


AndrewPZ
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:01 pm

RE: WITP:AE

Post by AndrewPZ »

Thanks for advice. Good to know it's a different game. I remember I printed the original manual....huge mistake. Anyway I'm going to get a different map mod but that's the only mod I'm using whilst I learn. Oh but as an aside are there any improved art packs for ships and planes? I remember i used loads of them on the original..
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

RE: WITP:AE

Post by RangerJoe »

ORIGINAL: AndrewPZ

Thanks for advice. Good to know it's a different game. I remember I printed the original manual....huge mistake. Anyway I'm going to get a different map mod but that's the only mod I'm using whilst I learn. Oh but as an aside are there any improved art packs for ships and planes? I remember i used loads of them on the original..

Check out the Scenario Design and Modding forum here:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=715
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
AndrewPZ
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:01 pm

RE: WITP:AE

Post by AndrewPZ »

Ah yes - just the ticket! Much obliged.
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”