Sig150's and 'werfers and Jabos OH MY!

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
cward
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2000 8:00 am

Sig150's and 'werfers and Jabos OH MY!

Post by cward »

Was charging back into poland again, trying to re-learn the game.

Large, snow swept field, I overlooked this vast expanse, the whole of it in plain sight and in my field of view.. I watched as about 1500-2000 poles crossed the expanse.. Waited.. waited... waited.......

Then I cut loose with the 150MM howitzers.
Damn! these were bad before but my god! Didnt anyone teach these guys not to bunch up! The splash damage was INCREDIBLE. Casualties all over, whole platoons were disolving beneath the barrage.. I also noticed that my 88's seemed to do splash damage.. though not as much.. (what size guns do splash anyway?)

Then one of my Stuka's dived in.. running paralell to their lines.. and cut a 3 hex swath right through the middle of their lines.. Eesh. now Im feeling guilty.. Well.. Until the Nebelwerfer's started firing.. :)

There is not much that is as frightning as a ring of nebelwerfer or SPG around an ammo dump, with an ammo truck or two placed for good measure. (I know humans wont fall for that trick for long, but eesh. what a mess)

The game continues to amaze.. Once again Artillery has become the God of the battlefield.. 637 Polish casualties to my.. well zero..

Now I wonder if You can do TOT with some 15" guns.. :)
User avatar
Paul Vebber
Posts: 5342
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Portsmouth RI
Contact:

Post by Paul Vebber »

If you feel these effects are too strong, try setting arty vs soft to a lower number.
cward
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2000 8:00 am

Post by cward »

Originally posted by Paul Vebber:
If you feel these effects are too strong, try setting arty vs soft to a lower number.

No not too strong. more realistic.. Troops runing across open snowy hard ground are goin to get pasted by 150s and werfers.. It was just so different than I am used to..
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”