CD + Mega Campaign install problems

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
Latka
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Honolulu, HI, USA
Contact:

CD + Mega Campaign install problems

Post by Latka »

Hey gang,

Been quite a while since I was last on the boards. Ordered my CD and then thought, "Oh, I'll just wait till that shows up to get back into the game". Little did I know what an extended vacation that'd be! :)

Anyway - my CD arrived this morning and I plopped 'er in the drive for the install. About 70% of the way through (?) I got the following error:

"C:\Steel Panthers World at War\SND\Stream\VID012.SNK

A decompression error has been detected (#7)
File CRC mismatch - Data integrety error"

Sounds like somethin didn't pass it's CRC check. Should I attempt a reinstall, or is there a patch... I see that we're already up to v5.3.

I'll just sit here and work on cleaning the sand out of my machineguns and tracks while I wait. :)

-Latka
SAMWolf
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Oregon, USA

Post by SAMWolf »

Originally posted by Latka:
Hey gang,

Been quite a while since I was last on the boards. Ordered my CD and then thought, "Oh, I'll just wait till that shows up to get back into the game". Little did I know what an extended vacation that'd be! :)

Anyway - my CD arrived this morning and I plopped 'er in the drive for the install. About 70% of the way through (?) I got the following error:

"C:\Steel Panthers World at War\SND\Stream\VID012.SNK

A decompression error has been detected (#7)
File CRC mismatch - Data integrety error"

Sounds like somethin didn't pass it's CRC check. Should I attempt a reinstall, or is there a patch... I see that we're already up to v5.3.

I'll just sit here and work on cleaning the sand out of my machineguns and tracks while I wait. :)

-Latka
Hit "ignore". The 5.2 patch fixes it.
Latka
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Honolulu, HI, USA
Contact:

Post by Latka »

Assuming that would do the trick I did it.

I'll go grab the 5.2 and 5.3 updates now.

Thanks!

Latka
User avatar
Warrior
Posts: 1648
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2000 10:00 am
Location: West Palm Beach, FL USA

Post by Warrior »

Delete the mech.exe and steel.prf before you install each upgrade. Doing so can save you possible problems. (and save your 5.1 mech.exe in case you don't like 5.3)

[ June 30, 2001: Message edited by: Warrior ]
Retreat is NOT an option.

Image
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”