Beta 11u1
Moderator: AlvaroSousa
- AlvaroSousa
- Posts: 12127
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:13 pm
- Contact:
Beta 11u1
Beta 1.00.10 Beta 11u1
Fixed Victory calculations vs A.I. games
Fixed scenarios where Allies go first build queue delay bug
Fixed bug running continuous naval scripts twice
Fixed events editor bug not clearing on load
Fixed Canadian HQ now has a name
Fixed transport script bug loading garrisoning unit
Change air units only on naval mission will intercept fleets but will still fly ground support
Fixed naval support does not work if the fleet is in port
Change reduced UK starting army by 100 strength reflecting historical starting forces
Fixed interdiction and pursuit report titles
Fixed land/air not losing 5% when loaded in port
Fixed A.I. experience bonus levels with scripted and queued units
French adjustments will be done slowly. When WarPlan was beta tested the UK had historical forces but was a little too weak. So forces were adjusted up to compensate. Later invasions were made harder and the game was balanced better. But now the "big BEF" strategy is too big. In this version the UK has been adjusted back to historical forces. This will be the first adjustment. Now the UK has to decide. Sacrifice literally everything to put a Big BEF or a moderate one and defend its other locations?
100 strength is a little more than 3 corps. I think this should make a difference in France. So other bugs were fixed like naval support in port.
As for the French fleet.... There was nothing I could find in historical documents that allows me some modification there. Regardless of what happened to the French fleet the French would do the same thing and the Germans would still establish Vichy France the same way. If the improvements above don't adjust things better I will have to get creative.
My personal opinion is that France if a part of the game that lasts from late June to August and should generally fall within that time range depending on how much effort the UK puts into it while sacrificing in other places. It shouldn't be a huge game changer that forces the Axis into one strategy. Sure due to luck maybe a few games go to September or end in early June but it shouldn't be the norm.
Fixed Victory calculations vs A.I. games
Fixed scenarios where Allies go first build queue delay bug
Fixed bug running continuous naval scripts twice
Fixed events editor bug not clearing on load
Fixed Canadian HQ now has a name
Fixed transport script bug loading garrisoning unit
Change air units only on naval mission will intercept fleets but will still fly ground support
Fixed naval support does not work if the fleet is in port
Change reduced UK starting army by 100 strength reflecting historical starting forces
Fixed interdiction and pursuit report titles
Fixed land/air not losing 5% when loaded in port
Fixed A.I. experience bonus levels with scripted and queued units
French adjustments will be done slowly. When WarPlan was beta tested the UK had historical forces but was a little too weak. So forces were adjusted up to compensate. Later invasions were made harder and the game was balanced better. But now the "big BEF" strategy is too big. In this version the UK has been adjusted back to historical forces. This will be the first adjustment. Now the UK has to decide. Sacrifice literally everything to put a Big BEF or a moderate one and defend its other locations?
100 strength is a little more than 3 corps. I think this should make a difference in France. So other bugs were fixed like naval support in port.
As for the French fleet.... There was nothing I could find in historical documents that allows me some modification there. Regardless of what happened to the French fleet the French would do the same thing and the Germans would still establish Vichy France the same way. If the improvements above don't adjust things better I will have to get creative.
My personal opinion is that France if a part of the game that lasts from late June to August and should generally fall within that time range depending on how much effort the UK puts into it while sacrificing in other places. It shouldn't be a huge game changer that forces the Axis into one strategy. Sure due to luck maybe a few games go to September or end in early June but it shouldn't be the norm.
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific
Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific
Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
-
MorningDew
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:24 pm
- Location: Greenville, SC
RE: Beta 11u1
Alvaro - I thought the plan was, going forward, to add a beta prefix to scenarios so the release version wasn't over ridden by the beta version?
- AlvaroSousa
- Posts: 12127
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:13 pm
- Contact:
RE: Beta 11u1
I'll adjust it.
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific
Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific
Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
- AlvaroSousa
- Posts: 12127
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:13 pm
- Contact:
RE: Beta 11u1
Ok done. They all have "beta_" in front. You don't need the folders BTW so I removed them.
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific
Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific
Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
-
ComadrejaKorp
- Posts: 377
- Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 9:15 am
- Location: Sitges-SPAIN
RE: Beta 11u1
In this version the UK has been adjusted back to historical forces. This will be the first adjustment. Now the UK has to decide. Sacrifice literally everything to put a Big BEF or a moderate one and defend its other locations?
100 strength is a little more than 3 corps. I think this should make a difference in France
Where did you make the 100 force point adjustment for UK?
I just installed Beta and I do not see changes with the official version, neither in the initial forces nor in the deployment queue.
Neither does it seem to change the% of war effort or the pp received.
- AlvaroSousa
- Posts: 12127
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:13 pm
- Contact:
RE: Beta 11u1
WDF is now 3 strength.
The forces in N.A. have been reduced down in strength to basically 1/2 a corp as they were historically.
The units in the UK cut in half their strength
The units in the queue reduced to 10 strength.
The forces in N.A. have been reduced down in strength to basically 1/2 a corp as they were historically.
The units in the UK cut in half their strength
The units in the queue reduced to 10 strength.
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific
Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific
Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
-
ComadrejaKorp
- Posts: 377
- Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 9:15 am
- Location: Sitges-SPAIN
RE: Beta 11u1
Strange, my screen indicates beta 11u1 but I do not see these changes that you mention, there is no change in the units of Uk, am I the only one? Maybe I updated the Beta badly?
-
ComadrejaKorp
- Posts: 377
- Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 9:15 am
- Location: Sitges-SPAIN
RE: Beta 11u1
Fixed Canadian HQ now has a name
Also without change here, I continue with a subordinate.
I uninstall everything and reinstall.
-
ComadrejaKorp
- Posts: 377
- Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 9:15 am
- Location: Sitges-SPAIN
RE: Beta 11u1
Change air units only on naval mission will intercept fleets but will still fly ground support
This change works fine
-
ComadrejaKorp
- Posts: 377
- Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 9:15 am
- Location: Sitges-SPAIN
RE: Beta 11u1
Fixed, I found the problem, I had not updated scenarios.
- AlvaroSousa
- Posts: 12127
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:13 pm
- Contact:
RE: Beta 11u1
Tada!
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific
Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific
Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
RE: Beta 11u1
ORIGINAL: AlvaroSousa
Ok done. They all have "beta_" in front. You don't need the folders BTW so I removed them.
Seems we do need the folders for graphical mods though?

Check out my mod for Strategic Command American Civil War!
https://forums.matrixgames.com/viewtopic.php?t=413785
RE: Beta 11u1
ORIGINAL: AlvaroSousa
Ok done. They all have "beta_" in front. You don't need the folders BTW so I removed them.
How do it work? The beta code engine will called all the "beta_" scenario names only?
Thanks
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
- AlvaroSousa
- Posts: 12127
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:13 pm
- Contact:
RE: Beta 11u1
ORIGINAL: Tanaka
ORIGINAL: AlvaroSousa
Ok done. They all have "beta_" in front. You don't need the folders BTW so I removed them.
Seems we do need the folders for graphical mods though?
I updated it with the folders.
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific
Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific
Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
- AlvaroSousa
- Posts: 12127
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:13 pm
- Contact:
RE: Beta 11u1
ORIGINAL: ncc1701e
ORIGINAL: AlvaroSousa
Ok done. They all have "beta_" in front. You don't need the folders BTW so I removed them.
How do it work? The beta code engine will called all the "beta_" scenario names only?
Thanks
It's just a name to distinguish it. You will have 2 sets of games. The official and the beta versions.
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific
Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific
Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
RE: Beta 11u1
Thanks Alvaro.[&o]
RE: Beta 11u1
ORIGINAL: ComadrejaKorp
Fixed, I found the problem, I had not updated scenarios.
For the benefit of a new player, how do I update scenarios with this beta?
- AlvaroSousa
- Posts: 12127
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:13 pm
- Contact:
RE: Beta 11u1
Download the scenarios and copy paste them into...
C:\Users\"your user name"\Documents\My Games\WarPlan\Campaigns
C:\Users\"your user name"\Documents\My Games\WarPlan\Campaigns
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific
Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific
Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
-
Harrybanana
- Posts: 4098
- Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:07 am
- Location: Canada
RE: Beta 11u1
ORIGINAL: AlvaroSousa
My personal opinion is that France if a part of the game that lasts from late June to August and should generally fall within that time range depending on how much effort the UK puts into it while sacrificing in other places. It shouldn't be a huge game changer that forces the Axis into one strategy. Sure due to luck maybe a few games go to September or end in early June but it shouldn't be the norm.
I think the problem with the big BEF isn't just when France falls, but how much the Germans lose in taking it. In my AAR with Hadros where I am the Allies I used the big BEF strategy (also called the All-In Strategy). France did fall in August. But Hadros lost 2 Armour, 1 Mechanized and an infantry. That is a pretty heavy butchers bill for him. Having said that, the changes you have made of weakening the UK land forces may be enough to discourage the Big BEF in the future.
Robert Harris
- AlvaroSousa
- Posts: 12127
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:13 pm
- Contact:
RE: Beta 11u1
Allied players are playing with hindsight. Casualties are unavoidable. The beta has a new adjustment. We start there and see where it goes.
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific
Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific
Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3



