This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!
I've never been in the armed forces. However I have a great deal of respect for those who have. Was just Remembrance Day in Canada and I bumped into the following photo and video on Twitter. Thought I would share. It is no wonder the Royal Navy ruled the waves for so long with training traditions such as this...
HMS Ganges was a boys training establishment in Shotley, Suffolk that closed in 1976. As a 19 year old I never went there, to old, I went Raleigh in Plymouth.
From what I can vaguely remember from talking to those that did all trainees had to climb over the button to complete they training. If true I'd never have completed it, heights are not my thing, hence doing things at sea level.
I beleive this tradition carried on until it closed but maybe wrong about that. Those at the top were selected from the passing out year with the button boy a volunteer?