Guad Campaign ... Scenario Depot Doesn't Like Me

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
Bing
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sat May 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Gaylord, MI, USA

Guad Campaign ... Scenario Depot Doesn't Like Me

Post by Bing »

Ran a search on "guadacanal" and "guad" and got nothing. Has anyone played, or started to play the Guadacanal 1942 campaign with v6.1? Should it play OK?

Scenario Depot has it in for me. I can get to the page where the choice is made to Browse or whatever. Once I push on the button, any of the three really, I get an error page. Busy I understand, but at 3:30 AM EST? Doesn't matter what time of day, can't get in.

Is it just me? Do I get busted down to buck private again?

Now you know why I use airplane glue to attach my stripes, I never keep them for long (actually had a man in my AAA outfit who did this, he was either on his way to the stockade or had just been released from there, so maybe he had a point).

Bing
"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website
murr
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue May 08, 2001 8:00 am
Location: OHIO U.S.A.

Post by murr »

I played it on 6.0 and it worked great.Hope you get it because I think it's the best campaign on spwaw.
GOOD HUNTING!
Bing
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sat May 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Gaylord, MI, USA

Post by Bing »

Originally posted by oggie:
I played it on 6.0 and it worked great.Hope you get it because I think it's the best campaign on spwaw.
Thanks, Oggie. Should work in 6.1 it it worked with 6.0. Yeah, sort of a change of pace, swatting bugs and stomping snakes instead of shaking the ice out of the long johns.

My Dad was a Marine. China Marine. I will attempt to do well by the old boy, gone these many years to ... where else ... the Halls of Montezuma.

What did you do when you were ten years old? I was required to stand at attention and sing the Marine Corps Hymn - ALL the verses - upon command. Nothing sissy like baseball or football, you see.

Bing
"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website
User avatar
BruceAZ_MatrixForum
Posts: 613
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2000 8:00 am
Location: California

Post by BruceAZ_MatrixForum »

Originally posted by Bing:


Thanks, Oggie. Should work in 6.1 it it worked with 6.0. Yeah, sort of a change of pace, swatting bugs and stomping snakes instead of shaking the ice out of the long johns.

My Dad was a Marine. China Marine. I will attempt to do well by the old boy, gone these many years to ... where else ... the Halls of Montezuma.

What did you do when you were ten years old? I was required to stand at attention and sing the Marine Corps Hymn - ALL the verses - upon command. Nothing sissy like baseball or football, you see.

Bing
It worked fine when I did it in 6.1. Hang on to your mess kit, as it is rather difficult. The Japs don't retreat...
User avatar
Warrior
Posts: 1648
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2000 10:00 am
Location: West Palm Beach, FL USA

Post by Warrior »

I just tried going to the Scenario Depot from the Downloads Page (http://www.matrixgames.com/Games/worlda ... nloads.asp) and got to the Opponents Page instead. Unfortunately the Opponents link didn't go to the Scenario Depot, it also went to Opponents. I'm sure the link will be fixed as soon as Matrix is aware of it. :)
Retreat is NOT an option.

Image
Bing
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sat May 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Gaylord, MI, USA

Post by Bing »

Thanks 5thRecon and Warrior.

I wouldn't expect the IJA to be a pushover. Anyone here read Richard Frank's excellent book on Guad? For me, it was one of the best books on a battle/campaign ever, in 50+ years of being a military history book junkie.

So you think the link is broken to the business end of the Scen Depot pages? Hope it will be fixed soon, I like to keep myself up to date.

Semper Fi, Mac

Bing
"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website
Supervisor
Posts: 5160
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:00 am

Post by Supervisor »

Bing, I just emailed it to you, if it doesn't come through ok you can get it http://www.tankheadcentral.com/campaigns.html

[ July 10, 2001: Message edited by: gmenfan ]
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”