How About A Matrix Fan Convention?

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
User avatar
KG Erwin
Posts: 8366
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Cross Lanes WV USA

How About A Matrix Fan Convention?

Post by KG Erwin »

This may be a pipe dream, but how about inviting the Matrix staff and the legion of fans to a Matrix face-to-face convention? How about Charleston, West Virginia? You can get the Civic Center at a reasonable rate. We're, frankly, dying to get ANYONE to use this facility, and I can use whatever connections I can to get us this venue. We also have convention rooms available at the Marriott. That may be better. Is this feasible? Spring 2002? Maybe sooner? C'mon, this could really work if you guys would support it. What do you think? I need
some ideas here to make this happen.

[ July 10, 2001: Message edited by: KG Erwin ]
Image
User avatar
Drex
Posts: 2512
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Chico,california

Post by Drex »

That's a ways for us West Coast guys. How about Colorado?
Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"
User avatar
KG Erwin
Posts: 8366
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Cross Lanes WV USA

Post by KG Erwin »

Drex, do you have a particular facility in mind? I'm open for suggestions. Don't forget that Matrix' office is in New York. Also, if Wild Bill actually works from his home, it's only an 10-12 hour drive from Georgia to West Virginia, IF you step on it. That's just my best guess. I would definitely want Bill to be here, so it's gotta be in the East. Wild Bill, if we arrange it, will you come?

[ July 10, 2001: Message edited by: KG Erwin ]
Image
User avatar
Warrior
Posts: 1648
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2000 10:00 am
Location: West Palm Beach, FL USA

Post by Warrior »

I'll find a way to come, even if I have to pawn my wife's diamond... just don't tell her I said so! :D :D
Retreat is NOT an option.

Image
User avatar
Drex
Posts: 2512
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Chico,california

Post by Drex »

The bulk of the players are probably in the East anyway, but it would take at least a year to plan.
Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"
User avatar
David Heath
Posts: 2529
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2000 5:00 pm

Post by David Heath »

Hi Guys

Matrix is working on going to GenCon net month. Bill will be there and Tom Proudfoot also. Does anyone plan on going to this show.
Wild Bill
Posts: 6428
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Smyrna, Ga, 30080

Post by Wild Bill »

KG, I'll be there, even if I have to thumb a ride!

I would love to see this happen. Perhaps a couple of regional, East Coast - West Coast. West Virginia would be ideal I feel for the east coast.

And for the West Coast, I'll grow a longer thumb.

I would not miss either one. That is a promise.

Wow! How great that would be! I hope we can do it.

Yep, GenCon bound, I hope!...Wild Bill
Image
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
User avatar
KG Erwin
Posts: 8366
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Cross Lanes WV USA

Post by KG Erwin »

Well, I'm encouraged by the enthusiasm. If anyone wants to volunteer to assist making this a reality, please let me know. Frankly, I've never done anything like this before. BTW, what's this GenCon thing all about, and where is it to be held?
Image
BlitzSS
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2000 8:00 am
Location: wasChicagoLand, now DC

Post by BlitzSS »

…and I thought Wild Bill was banned from GenCon and Milwaukee…heard it was something about running over the mayor’s cat in a tank.
"Nuts"
DataKing
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Post by DataKing »

Originally posted by David Heath:
Hi Guys

Matrix is working on going to GenCon net month. Bill will be there and Tom Proudfoot also. Does anyone plan on going to this show.
Greetings and salutations,

I will definitely be going to GenCon this year. I am a big RPG player as well, and I only live a few hours away (Chicago).

I assume the Matrix guys are going to have a booth? If so, will you have the MCs available (if the 2nd is done by then, that is)?
"Welcome to the human race."
-Snake Pliskin
User avatar
Resisti
Posts: 1236
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Livorno, Italy

Post by Resisti »

Originally posted by KG Erwin:
BTW, what's this GenCon thing all about, and where is it to be held?
You may want to go and check [url="http://www.militarygamer.net;"]www.militarygamer.net[/url] ; on the home page there's a section on conventions, from where you can link to the official sites of most of them.

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: Resisti ]
Federico "Resisti" Doveri
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”