Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

User avatar
SamSlitherine
Site Admin
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:38 pm

Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by SamSlitherine »

Hi Everyone,

The latest official patch for Command is available to download now.

v1.04.114748 is accompanying the latest DLC release: Command Showcase - Queen Elizabeth.

Please note, if you are currently on the Public Beta version using our Matrix Public beta installer [PC] BETA - Update 1.05.12651.00, or using the update packs provided by Dimitris, you can still purchase and play the new DLC, BUT you will need to revert back to the official patch. You can use the DLC installer packaged with your purchase, to grant access to the DLC content once you have your serial.

If you have not installed the Beta using the update installer, none of the above applies and please update as normal using the official patch.

If you are on the Public Beta version on Steam, you can also stay on the Public Beta branch and it will also work there. Or you can revert back to the official version.

If you have experienced any issues with installing the patch and have the beta installed - please uninstall and revert back to the official version....then apply the beta patch again (if you want to be on that version)
- Some features are only available in the public beta for example, but the DLC will work for both versions. And the official patch is the more stable version :)
thewood1
Posts: 10421
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by thewood1 »

I installed it over 1268.1. The installer activated it. Should it have downloaded it or do I have to find the scen file. Its not in the 1268.1 directory anywhere. Or do I have to install it in the non-beta build first and then copy it over?

btw: 1268.1 is in the default CMO directory. The release build (1147/8) is in a different directory.
Dragnaath
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:00 pm

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by Dragnaath »

I have the same issue, can't locate the scenario in the scenario menu.
DWReese
Posts: 2607
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:40 am
Location: Miami, Florida

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by DWReese »

Same....Can't locate the scenario. My Command.exe file is dated 08-12-2022, and that doesn't seem correct.

My flash screen still states Build 1268.1
Last edited by DWReese on Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thewood1
Posts: 10421
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by thewood1 »

The date doesn't really matter, other than a clue. What matters is the version number on the program.
jbmoore68
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:24 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by jbmoore68 »

I installed over 1268.1 also and I can't find it either.
BDukes
Posts: 2779
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:59 pm

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by BDukes »

Doesn't appear to work with the public beta. Bought with steam. No update. Tried reinstalling as beta and didn't work.

The scenario does appear if you opt out of the public beta. 11.47.48

Thanks!

Mike
" You have to be realistic about these things." ~Logan Ninefingers
Grackle
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:06 am

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by Grackle »

Aloha,

I am also experiencing the issue with the Showcase scenario not showing up in the game directory. I am using the Steam Beta Branch with 1268.1 manually installed. Let me know if you need any additional info.


Mark
System Specs: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7 CPU 960@3.20 GHZ; 12 GB RAM, AMD RADEON 6800 Series video card, Primary resolution 1920 X 1080, Direct X10
User avatar
HalfLifeExpert
Posts: 1410
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:39 pm
Location: California, United States

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by HalfLifeExpert »

Just an FYI:

I'm running Command on Steam, and I was running the beta branch.

The game would not download the new patch while in the beta (and therefore I couldn't access the DLC)

I'm afraid you have to revert to the non-beta, download the new patch, and then re-install the Tiny Beta
User avatar
SamSlitherine
Site Admin
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by SamSlitherine »

Hi Guys, thanks for reporting these issues.

If you are experiencing the issue with the Matrix version - please use the official update.

And also opt into the official branch in Steam.

If you then want to update to the public beta you can.
User avatar
SamSlitherine
Site Admin
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by SamSlitherine »

HalfLifeExpert wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:58 pm Just an FYI:

I'm running Command on Steam, and I was running the beta branch.

The game would not download the new patch while in the beta (and therefore I couldn't access the DLC)

I'm afraid you have to revert to the non-beta, download the new patch, and then re-install the Tiny Beta
Please follow these steps if you are on Steam. And can also do the same with the Matrix version
thewood1
Posts: 10421
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by thewood1 »

To limit some of the frustration, you might want to update the instructions and get to the other threads where this has come up.

I will only have to do some directory renaming and copying, but some probably have not kept a release version of the game. Is it possible to post the actual scen files so they can be downloaded and copying to the public beta directory?
Last edited by thewood1 on Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DWReese
Posts: 2607
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:40 am
Location: Miami, Florida

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by DWReese »

I'm afraid you have to revert to the non-beta, download the new patch, and then re-install the Tiny Beta

All of that sounds like a recipe for some corrupted files.

There needs to be a better way, otherwise Elizabeth isn't going to be played with very much.
User avatar
SamSlitherine
Site Admin
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by SamSlitherine »

If you have experienced any issues with installing the patch and have the Matrix beta installed - please uninstall and revert back to the official version using the Setup and update installers

....then apply the beta patch again (if you want to be on that version)

- Some features are only available in the public beta for example, but the DLC will work for both versions. And the official patch is the more stable version :)
User avatar
HalfLifeExpert
Posts: 1410
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:39 pm
Location: California, United States

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by HalfLifeExpert »

SamSlitherine wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:16 pm
HalfLifeExpert wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:58 pm Just an FYI:

I'm running Command on Steam, and I was running the beta branch.

The game would not download the new patch while in the beta (and therefore I couldn't access the DLC)

I'm afraid you have to revert to the non-beta, download the new patch, and then re-install the Tiny Beta
Please follow these steps if you are on Steam.
UPDATE:

Upon completing the Beta Download, the Showcase scenario and folder disappeared.

This needs to be addressed ASAP

I will try preserving the scenario and folder with a manual backup, but there's clearly an issue here
Last edited by HalfLifeExpert on Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
SamSlitherine
Site Admin
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by SamSlitherine »

HalfLifeExpert wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:26 pm
SamSlitherine wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:16 pm
HalfLifeExpert wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:58 pm Just an FYI:

I'm running Command on Steam, and I was running the beta branch.

The game would not download the new patch while in the beta (and therefore I couldn't access the DLC)

I'm afraid you have to revert to the non-beta, download the new patch, and then re-install the Tiny Beta
Please follow these steps if you are on Steam.
UPDATE:

Upon completing the Beta Download, the Showcase scenario and folder disappeared.

This needs to be addressed ASAP
That shouldn't be the case at all, did you apply the official patch and input the serial and then apply the beta update over it?
jbmoore68
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:24 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by jbmoore68 »

HalfLifeExpert wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:26 pm
SamSlitherine wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:16 pm
HalfLifeExpert wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:58 pm Just an FYI:

I'm running Command on Steam, and I was running the beta branch.

The game would not download the new patch while in the beta (and therefore I couldn't access the DLC)

I'm afraid you have to revert to the non-beta, download the new patch, and then re-install the Tiny Beta
Please follow these steps if you are on Steam.
UPDATE:

Upon completing the Beta Download, the Showcase scenario and folder disappeared.

This needs to be addressed ASAP

Yes, I had the same happen when I reinstalled the beta. Seems like it should be simple to just install one scenario
User avatar
HalfLifeExpert
Posts: 1410
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:39 pm
Location: California, United States

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by HalfLifeExpert »

SamSlitherine wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:29 pm
HalfLifeExpert wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:26 pm
SamSlitherine wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:16 pm

Please follow these steps if you are on Steam.
UPDATE:

Upon completing the Beta Download, the Showcase scenario and folder disappeared.

This needs to be addressed ASAP
That shouldn't be the case at all, did you apply the official patch and input the serial and then apply the beta update over it?
I'm on the steam version, so there's no inputing any serials.

I reverted away from the Beta, which automatically updated to the latest official version.

I then loaded up the game to have a quick look at the DLC and print the Briefing.

Then I opted back into the beta, and after waiting for it to complete, the Command:showcase folder was completely absent (this is before I installed the 1268.1 patch manually)

I've reverted back to the Official release. Since I have to leave for work soon, I'll wait until later to try and re-installing the Beta
Last edited by HalfLifeExpert on Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thewood1
Posts: 10421
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by thewood1 »

Just a quick clarification...

If I have the release version updated with the new scenario, can I just copy scenario over the the 1268.1 beta and have it work? Just want to understand what I'm going to have to reinstall.
User avatar
SamSlitherine
Site Admin
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by SamSlitherine »

Thanks for your reports HalfLife. We are looking into the issue and i have asked for the Public Beta branch to be taken down until we find the fix.

So for the meantime, on Steam please use the official branch. - if you are wanting to get onto the 'tiny' update then follow Dimitris instructions and use the latest update pack - you can overwrite/add them to your Steam install and it should work.
Post Reply

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”