Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

User avatar
SamSlitherine
Site Admin
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by SamSlitherine »

thewood1 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:36 pm Just a quick clarification...

If I have the release version updated with the new scenario, can I just copy scenario over the the 1268.1 beta and have it work? Just want to understand what I'm going to have to reinstall.
You can, if you save the scen file you can place it back into the Showcase folder and it will run
User avatar
HalfLifeExpert
Posts: 1410
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:39 pm
Location: California, United States

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by HalfLifeExpert »

SamSlitherine wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:37 pm Thanks for your reports HalfLife. We are looking into the issue and i have asked for the Public Beta branch to be taken down until we find the fix.

So for the meantime, on Steam please use the official branch. - if you are wanting to get onto the 'tiny' update then follow Dimitris instructions and use the latest update pack - you can overwrite/add them to your Steam install and it should work.
Got it. That's what I was going to do anyway since I need to leave for work soon.

Also something to have a quick look at:

I remember that the 1268.1 Build added an erroneous extra folder for Northern Inferno (misspelled nothern inferno) with just the presumably updated scenario 9 in it.

I didn't look close enough at the new official build to see if this fixed it.
Dragnaath
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:00 pm

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by Dragnaath »

I'm so confused I'm in the Aug 12th beta and the new scenario does not show, can someone explain to me please how to make with work with the beta. I'm on Matrix version of Command btw.

Thank You
BDukes
Posts: 2779
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:59 pm

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by BDukes »

SamSlitherine wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:37 pm Thanks for your reports HalfLife. We are looking into the issue and i have asked for the Public Beta branch to be taken down until we find the fix.

So for the meantime, on Steam please use the official branch. - if you are wanting to get onto the 'tiny' update then follow Dimitris instructions and use the latest update pack - you can overwrite/add them to your Steam install and it should work.
Sam you can't do that. The installer for the Tiny beta patch won't install because it doesn't detect a valid copy of CMO. Assume its looking at version numbers
Screenshot 2022-08-18 115011.JPG
Screenshot 2022-08-18 115011.JPG (96.77 KiB) Viewed 1691 times
Thanks!

Mike
" You have to be realistic about these things." ~Logan Ninefingers
User avatar
SamSlitherine
Site Admin
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by SamSlitherine »

Sorry i should of been more clear - that update installer works only for the Matrix version...i was referring tot he update packs we provide on the forums.

We are working on the fix as we speak for the Steam public beta. At this point it may be easier just to wait till i have fixed it
Dragnaath
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:00 pm

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by Dragnaath »

How do I get it to work with Forums public beta?

Edit.

The game launcher tells me I'm on the latest version, the game tells me I'm on build 1268.1.

Please help.
BDukes
Posts: 2779
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:59 pm

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by BDukes »

SamSlitherine wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:55 pm Sorry i should of been more clear - that update installer works only for the Matrix version...i was referring tot he update packs we provide on the forums.

We are working on the fix as we speak for the Steam public beta. At this point it may be easier just to wait till i have fixed it
Ok thanks. Best of luck!

Mike
" You have to be realistic about these things." ~Logan Ninefingers
User avatar
joey
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Johnstown, PA

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by joey »

I installed the new patch. The program now only plays the intro video over and over again. I can't even get task manager to work to exit it. I have to restart the computer to get the intro video to stop. I reinstalled the last beta (1268.1) and the program went back to normal.
I do not use steam. I have the downloaded version. I hope this helps others with installation issues.
User avatar
kevinkins
Posts: 2465
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:54 am

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by kevinkins »

Restarted the PC and launched Steam Command. My version went "back" to 1.04 1147.48 from "tiny" 1.05 12651 (had it 48 hours). Assuming this is what happens when the Steam Beta branch is taken down, please confirm if Steam players can get tiny back or need to wait for some sort of fix. Thanks.
----------------------
Never mind: a fix for Steam with tiny is being worked on.
Last edited by kevinkins on Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
User avatar
HalfLifeExpert
Posts: 1410
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:39 pm
Location: California, United States

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by HalfLifeExpert »

kevinkins wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:14 pm Restarted the PC and launched Steam Command. My version went "back" to 1.04 1147.48 from "tiny" 1.05 12651 (had it 48 hours). Assuming this is what happens when the Steam Beta branch is taken down, please confirm if Steam players can get tiny back or need to wait for some sort of fix. Thanks.
The Tiny beta has been temporarily removed from open Steam access, so as to address compatibility issues with the Command: Showcase DLC.

Hopefully the beta will be made available again soon, and I would think it should be updated to 1268.1+ when that happens
User avatar
SamSlitherine
Site Admin
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by SamSlitherine »

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your patience and for your reports.

The Steam Public Beta issue has now been addressed and is available to download. The compatibility issue has been fixed.

if you opt into the Beta branch, you will have the Tiny features as well as DLC compatibility....so the best of both worlds.

Enjoy!

This Steam public build is the latest Public Beta release - so will update automatically to the latest fileset you need
User avatar
SamSlitherine
Site Admin
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by SamSlitherine »

for those who want to update to the latest Public Beta and enjoy features of the beta, with the DLC.....Dimitris has provided this fix for you!

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=387469

(to be used with Matrix version only)

PLEASE NOTE. For those who haven't installed the Public Beta builds and are only on the official patch (v1.04.114748)

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO INSTALL THIS. Please keep the official patch as is.
User avatar
kevinkins
Posts: 2465
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:54 am

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by kevinkins »

Thanks Sam. I am back on 1.05.12682

The way Steam handles downloading the beta could be better. You can PM me if interested in my observations. No need to discuss them here since it does work while the user scratches their head thinking nothing is actually happening.

Kevin
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
BDukes
Posts: 2779
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:59 pm

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by BDukes »

kevinkins wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:12 pm Thanks Sam. I am back on 1.05.12682

The way Steam handles downloading the beta could be better. You can PM me if interested in my observations. No need to discuss them here since it does work while the user scratches their head thinking nothing is actually happening.

Kevin
Hi Kevin

It worked for me by opting back into the beta after their fix.

It's like 2 install cycles and then you should be up to date.

Mike
" You have to be realistic about these things." ~Logan Ninefingers
User avatar
kevinkins
Posts: 2465
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:54 am

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by kevinkins »

Yes, I have it. The way Steam handles installation is not obvious. But it does work after you exit the download dialog and then restart Command. Command does not launch automatically even if you check the box to do so - at least on my end. just ignored the auto relaunch.

Kevin
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
User avatar
HalfLifeExpert
Posts: 1410
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:39 pm
Location: California, United States

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by HalfLifeExpert »

I've got my Command: Showcase Feedback here on this thread

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 3&t=387572
DWReese
Posts: 2607
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:40 am
Location: Miami, Florida

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by DWReese »

HalfLife,

Many of us complained that the speed of the computer slowed way down, sometimes even stopping or pausing for extended periods of time. Did you experience that as well? If not, what super computer do you have, and what would you recommend to buy?

Thanks in advance.
thewood1
Posts: 10421
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by thewood1 »

"Many of us complained"

Thats odd. I saw only one other complaint about significant slowdowns. I haven't had any, but am only an hour in. I will say that any 3000 unit scenario with a lot of missile potential, has the chance to bog down if a lot of missiles are in the air.
User avatar
HalfLifeExpert
Posts: 1410
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:39 pm
Location: California, United States

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by HalfLifeExpert »

DWReese wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:19 pm HalfLife,

Many of us complained that the speed of the computer slowed way down, sometimes even stopping or pausing for extended periods of time. Did you experience that as well? If not, what super computer do you have, and what would you recommend to buy?

Thanks in advance.
I did run into some slowdown when I was properly in the fight (launching airstrikes), but I just put that down to not having a top-of-the-line gaming PC.
DWReese
Posts: 2607
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:40 am
Location: Miami, Florida

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by DWReese »

Thats odd. I saw only one other complaint about significant slowdowns.

On Kushan's play through (he did two last week on this scenario), we were all discussing how slow this scenario is. At one point the single flame was only delivering 1 second of game time per 1 second of real time.

During the play through, there were several discussions about which new computer system to purchase to be able to play the game as the AU Count was nearing 4000. The discussion centered around the size of this scenarios, and the hardware needed to run it, and for scenarios in the future. Kushan even made the comment that his computer was about ready to catch fire because it was running so hot.

So, that's where the "complaint" talk is centered around. It comes from people who were actually playing the game, or watching it being played.

That's why I asked HalfLife if he experienced any slowdowns, and then asked what system he had.

If you doubt any of this you can pull up Kushan's play throughs and listen/read every minute of the discussion.

BTW, to everyone, I would highly recommend that you tune in for Kushan's play throughs each week, and not just for this scenario. Kushan does a tremendous job.
Post Reply

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”