Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

thewood1
Posts: 10421
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by thewood1 »

I thought the way you stated it was that it was specific to the new Showcase.
bsq
Posts: 682
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:11 pm

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by bsq »

DWReese wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:19 pm HalfLife,

Many of us complained that the speed of the computer slowed way down, sometimes even stopping or pausing for extended periods of time. Did you experience that as well? If not, what super computer do you have, and what would you recommend to buy?

Thanks in advance.
In all honesty I dont think there is a 'fix' for this right now. In case you are unaware this is a 32 bit program so cannot access all of the RAM on the system (in my case 4 GB max of the 32 GB installed), which can cause all sorts of out of memory issues on bigger scenarios such as this if I dont close other processes that also use parts of the first 4GB. As thewood1 mentions, this will happen on any big scenario such as this exacerbated when a lot of missles in play. I believe there are moves to upgrade this to a 64 bit application at some point in the future.
DWReese
Posts: 2607
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:40 am
Location: Miami, Florida

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch

Post by DWReese »

I thought the way you stated it was that it was specific to the new Showcase.

Right now, Queen Elizabeth (at times with an AU Count close to 5600) is the first scenario that I have personally seen (and experienced on my own) that resulted in a computer having a complete standstill, or total stoppage at times.

What we were talking about during the Play through (and what I mentioned), was that IF these large scenarios become the trend, and if the follow-up scenarios in the SHOWCASE series are all going to be this large, then we (the CMO gaming community) will need much bigger, and faster computers to handle this. That's why we were talking about new computer systems.

Queen Elizabeth is the first CMO scenario to bring my computer to its knees. And, according to Kushan, he was about ready to call the fire department for his. (I assume that he was part ways joking.)
Post Reply

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”