Problem with 1.04.114749
Moderator: MOD_Command
Problem with 1.04.114749
I downloaded the new launcher.
I installed it, and received the completion message.
I started the game, made it to the spinning world, and it would not advance beyond that.
I tried several times.
I then re-installed 1.04.114748, the one that came out with the Elizabeth scenario.
I re-installed that, and received the completion message. I tried starting the game, and the same thing happened. I made it to the spinning world, but no further.
I then installed the new CMO Public 1274.1 file, and the game is back to normal.
I believe that there might be something missing or corrupted in the downloaded version of 1.04.114749. Or, there is something wrong on my end, but that seems odd since I'm able to run the Public 1274.1 without an issue.
I installed it, and received the completion message.
I started the game, made it to the spinning world, and it would not advance beyond that.
I tried several times.
I then re-installed 1.04.114748, the one that came out with the Elizabeth scenario.
I re-installed that, and received the completion message. I tried starting the game, and the same thing happened. I made it to the spinning world, but no further.
I then installed the new CMO Public 1274.1 file, and the game is back to normal.
I believe that there might be something missing or corrupted in the downloaded version of 1.04.114749. Or, there is something wrong on my end, but that seems odd since I'm able to run the Public 1274.1 without an issue.
-
BrianinMinnie
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 3:12 pm
Re: Problem with 1.04.114749
DW,
Did you ever get 1.04.114749 to work, I've been unable to succeed, I've been patching all along thru CMO Public 1274.1 but once I did 1.04.114749, I get the spinny world lockup. I was able to get it back working by reinstalling the "Tiny" update then the 1274.1 patch. To be honest I'm not sure what to with 1.04.114749, just forgetaboutit?
Thanks
Did you ever get 1.04.114749 to work, I've been unable to succeed, I've been patching all along thru CMO Public 1274.1 but once I did 1.04.114749, I get the spinny world lockup. I was able to get it back working by reinstalling the "Tiny" update then the 1274.1 patch. To be honest I'm not sure what to with 1.04.114749, just forgetaboutit?
Thanks
Re: Problem with 1.04.114749
I wouldn't install it over the beta. I would not mix beta and stable patches like that. Once you've applied a beta patch, don't apply the stable patch to the same install folder. I keep two separate installs for stable and beta.
Re: Problem with 1.04.114749
Did you ever get 1.04.114749 to work, I've been unable to succeed
Nope, I gave up. I got the new Beta upgrade to work, and I left it there. I won't be applying the official update for a while.
I have applied all of the updates and betas in the past, and I have never experienced this before.
Did you leave the box checked about that Direct X file, so that the game would install it? I did, and I believe that that is where the problem is. I'm just curious.
Nope, I gave up. I got the new Beta upgrade to work, and I left it there. I won't be applying the official update for a while.
I have applied all of the updates and betas in the past, and I have never experienced this before.
Did you leave the box checked about that Direct X file, so that the game would install it? I did, and I believe that that is where the problem is. I'm just curious.
- michaelm75au
- Posts: 12467
- Joined: Sat May 05, 2001 8:00 am
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
Re: Problem with 1.04.114749
Mixing of the standard release and the 'tiny' betas will cause issues as the 'tiny' uses some different libraries from memory.
It is best to install these in separate folders.
I had upgraded my Steam copy to 'tiny' and then had to 'check file integrity' to restore the normal files before it would run 1147 again.
It is best to install these in separate folders.
I had upgraded my Steam copy to 'tiny' and then had to 'check file integrity' to restore the normal files before it would run 1147 again.
Michael
Re: Problem with 1.04.114749
Mixing of the standard release and the 'tiny' betas will cause issues as the 'tiny' uses some different libraries from memory.
Michael,
That's the first time that I have seen that warning.
Okay, you told me what I SHOULD HAVE DONE. That ship has sailed. What SHOULD I DO from where I am currently? My only version is the regular version, updated through ...48 (the one that came with Elizabeth), and now updated with the new Beta. How do I get back to wherever I need to be, and then make a copy, and then install the new stuff? I sort of need a step-by-step process or I will badly FUBR this, and I won't have any workable game at all.
Thanks
Michael,
That's the first time that I have seen that warning.
Okay, you told me what I SHOULD HAVE DONE. That ship has sailed. What SHOULD I DO from where I am currently? My only version is the regular version, updated through ...48 (the one that came with Elizabeth), and now updated with the new Beta. How do I get back to wherever I need to be, and then make a copy, and then install the new stuff? I sort of need a step-by-step process or I will badly FUBR this, and I won't have any workable game at all.
Thanks
- michaelm75au
- Posts: 12467
- Joined: Sat May 05, 2001 8:00 am
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
Re: Problem with 1.04.114749
These are the libraries that I know are different. They are in the attached file. Just unzip into your CMO 1147 folder after the patch. They should revert back to the older Lua. [Tiny uses a new version of Lua].
There was probably something in the ExceptionLog.txt file about why CMO wasn't running.
There was probably something in the ExceptionLog.txt file about why CMO wasn't running.
- Attachments
-
- CMO lua DLL 1147 .zip
- (712.33 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Michael
Re: Problem with 1.04.114749
Michael,
I just want to verify thing before I do it.
I currently have the Beta (1247) installed. I had installed the official update (1.04.114748) a few weeks ago.
Are you saying that I should install the new official update (1.04.114749), and then apply the files from your zip files?
If not, please tell me the proper sequence. I don't want to ruin my game because I did something wrong.
Thanks
I just want to verify thing before I do it.
I currently have the Beta (1247) installed. I had installed the official update (1.04.114748) a few weeks ago.
Are you saying that I should install the new official update (1.04.114749), and then apply the files from your zip files?
If not, please tell me the proper sequence. I don't want to ruin my game because I did something wrong.
Thanks
- michaelm75au
- Posts: 12467
- Joined: Sat May 05, 2001 8:00 am
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
Re: Problem with 1.04.114749
Yes. The Lua libraries are not included in the 1.04 update patch as they haven't changed. But there were included in the Tiny/Beta patches as they are new.
So applying the latest official patch needs those libraries restored.
I believe that is the only real difference between 1.04 1147 and the 1.05 beta.
If you want to play it safe, you could copy your current folder to another folder before applying the update/zip. Thus have a beta folder and an current folder.
So applying the latest official patch needs those libraries restored.
I believe that is the only real difference between 1.04 1147 and the 1.05 beta.
If you want to play it safe, you could copy your current folder to another folder before applying the update/zip. Thus have a beta folder and an current folder.
Michael
Re: Problem with 1.04.114749
Okay, last question----maybe.
Assuming that a person decides to run two separate locations (official and beta), how does the game recognize all of the DLCs and LIVE scenarios that I purchased and have registered. Will those be recognized, or do I have to re-install that all, one at a time?
Thanks
Assuming that a person decides to run two separate locations (official and beta), how does the game recognize all of the DLCs and LIVE scenarios that I purchased and have registered. Will those be recognized, or do I have to re-install that all, one at a time?
Thanks
Re: Problem with 1.04.114749
If you start with with copying over the stable release version and then applying beta patches, the game should recognize all the DLCs. Its how I've been doing it for years.
Re: Problem with 1.04.114749
Having the same problem. I've read the explanation a few times but honestly don't get it ... guess I'm going to wait for them to fix this.
Re: Problem with 1.04.114749
These are the libraries that I know are different. They are in the attached file. Just unzip into your CMO 1147 folder after the patch. They should revert back to the older Lua. [Tiny uses a new version of Lua].
Michael,
My 1147 Beta file works fine. So, why would I unzip those files into 1147?
It's my 1.04.114749 official update that doesn't work. Did you mean to say unzip those files into 1.04.114749? That seems to make more sense.
Perhaps the release should have included ALL of the files, even if they weren't changed, in an effort to keep this from happening again.
Thanks
Michael,
My 1147 Beta file works fine. So, why would I unzip those files into 1147?
It's my 1.04.114749 official update that doesn't work. Did you mean to say unzip those files into 1.04.114749? That seems to make more sense.
Perhaps the release should have included ALL of the files, even if they weren't changed, in an effort to keep this from happening again.
Thanks
Re: Problem with 1.04.114749
Its not that complicated.
Stable release is 1.04.4749.
Use this as the initial installer that leaves you at 1.04.114749 stable full installer
[PC] Installer v1.02.114714
CMO-MultiSetup-v1.02.114714.zip 1.02.114714 Jan 04, 2021 Installer for Command: Modern Operations
Then run this one. This gets to the full stable installer for 1.04.114749.
[PC] Update v1.04.114749 Sep 06, 2022
Its that simple to install the base game and be fully up to date.
If you need to install DLC, you run this. I comes with the above install, but you can download it from the same My Page on matrixgames.com
[PC] Command Multi-DLC Installer
CMO-MultiDLCSetup-Latest.zip 1.04.114748 Aug 18, 2022 PC Installer for Command DLCs - This allows unlocking of Command DLC up to v1.04.114748
Note the 1.04.114748 should be listed as 49.
Stable release is 1.04.4749.
Use this as the initial installer that leaves you at 1.04.114749 stable full installer
[PC] Installer v1.02.114714
CMO-MultiSetup-v1.02.114714.zip 1.02.114714 Jan 04, 2021 Installer for Command: Modern Operations
Then run this one. This gets to the full stable installer for 1.04.114749.
[PC] Update v1.04.114749 Sep 06, 2022
Its that simple to install the base game and be fully up to date.
If you need to install DLC, you run this. I comes with the above install, but you can download it from the same My Page on matrixgames.com
[PC] Command Multi-DLC Installer
CMO-MultiDLCSetup-Latest.zip 1.04.114748 Aug 18, 2022 PC Installer for Command DLCs - This allows unlocking of Command DLC up to v1.04.114748
Note the 1.04.114748 should be listed as 49.
Re: Problem with 1.04.114749
If you want to use the beta, copy the stable CMO from above to a new directory. Then install the following from the My Games page. Keep in mind its almost a completely new game and the download is 12Gb.
[PC] BETA - Update 1.05.12651.00 Jul 21, 2022
Install this in the copy of the stable CMO version you just made. This brings you up to the public beta CMO 1.05.12651.00. Better known as 1265.1 in shorthand.
If you want to use the latest beta, download it from the beta thread and just copy it into the beta directory you created above. The current beta is 1274.1 as of this post.
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=388064
If this is too complicated or you worried about bugs or changes that might disrupt anything you are working on, stay away from this one.
I also VERY strongly recommend having both a stable version and a beta version installed if you want to use the beta. Don't install a stable patch over beta. Sadness will eventually ensue.
[PC] BETA - Update 1.05.12651.00 Jul 21, 2022
Install this in the copy of the stable CMO version you just made. This brings you up to the public beta CMO 1.05.12651.00. Better known as 1265.1 in shorthand.
If you want to use the latest beta, download it from the beta thread and just copy it into the beta directory you created above. The current beta is 1274.1 as of this post.
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=388064
If this is too complicated or you worried about bugs or changes that might disrupt anything you are working on, stay away from this one.
I also VERY strongly recommend having both a stable version and a beta version installed if you want to use the beta. Don't install a stable patch over beta. Sadness will eventually ensue.
Re: Problem with 1.04.114749
I would also recommend staying away from the beta if you don't understand copying files and creating a directory.
Re: Problem with 1.04.114749
I've generally done well with the betas but this one for some reason hasn't worked out.
Re: Problem with 1.04.114749
All I can say is I just got a new laptop and followed that process above with no issues. I think a lot of issues are happening with people trying to install the 4749 stable patch over the beta.
Re: Problem with 1.04.114749
I've generally done well with the betas but this one for some reason hasn't worked out.
I agree. I've never had a problem until they decided to leave some files out. After that, it has become a hassle. They should fix it, and return back to the way that they did things before.
I agree. I've never had a problem until they decided to leave some files out. After that, it has become a hassle. They should fix it, and return back to the way that they did things before.