Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).
Post Reply
User avatar
KG Erwin
Posts: 8366
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Cross Lanes WV USA

Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Post by KG Erwin »

When I wrote Bill last, he told me he was down with another bug, which has been infecting many of us off and on for months. Let's all wish our favorite father-figure and SPWaW scenario-designer emeritus a speedy recovery. Best wishes to you, Bill, with love & respect.
Glenn
Image
User avatar
FlashfyreSP
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2002 9:39 am
Location: Combat Information Center
Contact:

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Post by FlashfyreSP »

[X(]
OH NO!

Say it aint so, KG.

<sniff>

Get well soon, WB. There are lots of battles that need done...
ImageImage
User avatar
Orzel Bialy
Posts: 2569
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2002 5:39 am
Location: Wisconsin USA
Contact:

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Post by Orzel Bialy »

OK...I'll post for this good cause. [;)]

Kunel, I hope you get to feeling better real soon. If it's the same bug that got me earlier in the week...then I know you are not feeling your best.

Get plenty of rest...cook up some chicken soup...and we'll see you when you're back to 100%. [:)]
Image
User avatar
harlekwin
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:42 pm
Location: arkham asylum

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Post by harlekwin »

ORIGINAL: FlashfyreSP

[X(]
OH NO!

Say it aint so, KG.

<sniff>

Get well soon, WB. There are lots of battles that need done...



beer get well soon Bill we need more work, and you need to spend time with you grandchildren and great grands IIRC.

regards,
sven
$ociali$m-from those who will to those who won't.....
Tombstone
Posts: 697
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Los Angeles, California

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Post by Tombstone »

I'm sick with the flu myself... half my team is laid out with it (or they're ditching!). Get well, there's much wargaming to attend to.

Tomo
rich12545
Posts: 1051
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2000 10:00 am
Location: Palouse, WA

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Post by rich12545 »

Yeah, get some chicken soup - It's often called Jewish penicillin but it really works.

Get well soon.
Kevin E. Duguay
Posts: 563
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:46 am
Location: Goldsboro, North Carolina

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Post by Kevin E. Duguay »

The Flu Sucks!! I had it on and off for so long I never thought it would end!![:@] But it did.[:D] Get well soon Bill, Drink plenty of fluids, rest when you can, and well ,just take care of yourself!! Now get some shut eye.[>:]
KED
Igor
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2000 10:00 am

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Post by Igor »

Those dirty rhinoviruses. Give them a sound thrashing, then send them packing. That'll teach them not to mess with a wargamer.

Failing that, do the rest & fluids thing. That works too.
Wild Bill
Posts: 6428
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Smyrna, Ga, 30080

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Post by Wild Bill »

Gentlemen! Thank you!

It has taken a week but I'm on the mend. Funny, I had my flu shot this year. I wonder if that gives the flu a head start! [:@]

This one really leveled me. I was so sick last Sunday night that one of those phone nurses told me to go to the emergency room. I told her I was so weak, I could not get up and go.
"That is what 911 is for!" she quietly replied.

But I did not call. And I survived. Thanks for all of your concern. I'm sure that is one of the principal reasons I am better.

And Gunny H., I appreciate this note more than you know.

I'll take your advice, Sven. I plan to do some of that this weekend. Those of you still enduring this malady, I wish you a quick recovery. For those who are like me, on the mend, I'm glad that you are improving.

And I've been chattering like the old fart that I am, so enough. My thanks to all of you!

Look for another Saving Private Ryan in the next few weeks. This one is the opening of the movie, Dog Green Sector, Omaha...bloody Omaha. It's being tested now.

WB
Image
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
User avatar
Belisarius
Posts: 3099
Joined: Sat May 26, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Contact:

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Post by Belisarius »

Good to hear you're recuperating, Kunel. [:)]

Take the time you need, we won't go anywhere. [;)]
Image
Got StuG?
User avatar
Jim1954
Posts: 1295
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Dallas

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Post by Jim1954 »

It has taken a week but I'm on the mend. Funny, I had my flu shot this year. I wonder if that gives the flu a head start!

If you read the da*n fine print what they don't tell you is that they are GUESSING which strain of the flu is gonna hit and they cook up a bunch of vaccine for that. That was 6 mos ago, then a different strain gets you and you are screwed.
Image
Jim1954
KMC/T
User avatar
Warrior2
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2001 8:00 am
Location: West Palm Beach, FL USA

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Post by Warrior2 »

ORIGINAL: Jim1954
It has taken a week but I'm on the mend. Funny, I had my flu shot this year. I wonder if that gives the flu a head start!

If you read the da*n fine print what they don't tell you is that they are GUESSING which strain of the flu is gonna hit and they cook up a bunch of vaccine for that. That was 6 mos ago, then a different strain gets you and you are screwed.

The vaccines are tailored for the particular flu strain that first shows up in the Orient. Since the flu generally travels from there, this is a good idea that usually works. But as you say, there is the possibility of other strains showing up for which no vaccine was developed. It should be noted that what most prople call flu actually isn't. The "real" flu is a respiratory infection, but most of us will call anything that gets us sick the "flu." I'm convinced that taking lots of vitamin supplements, particularly vit C & E to boost your immune system, is the best way to avoid getting sick - and if you do get sick it will pass very quickly (like overnight). This has been my experience in the past. Now grandchildren have come into my life, and I get sick all the time from those little plague carriers. [:@]
Image
Image
User avatar
Jim1954
Posts: 1295
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Dallas

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Post by Jim1954 »

W, that's so encouraging.[:(] My first grand kid is due in June.[:D]
Image
Jim1954
KMC/T
User avatar
Charles2222
Posts: 3687
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2001 10:00 am

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Post by Charles2222 »

ORIGINAL: Wild Bill

Gentlemen! Thank you!

It has taken a week but I'm on the mend. Funny, I had my flu shot this year. I wonder if that gives the flu a head start! [:@]

This one really leveled me. I was so sick last Sunday night that one of those phone nurses told me to go to the emergency room. I told her I was so weak, I could not get up and go.
"That is what 911 is for!" she quietly replied.

But I did not call. And I survived. Thanks for all of your concern. I'm sure that is one of the principal reasons I am better.

And Gunny H., I appreciate this note more than you know.

I'll take your advice, Sven. I plan to do some of that this weekend. Those of you still enduring this malady, I wish you a quick recovery. For those who are like me, on the mend, I'm glad that you are improving.

And I've been chattering like the old fart that I am, so enough. My thanks to all of you!

Look for another Saving Private Ryan in the next few weeks. This one is the opening of the movie, Dog Green Sector, Omaha...bloody Omaha. It's being tested now.

WB

Do get well.

From my lack of expertise in the field of flus, I tell you that I stopped taking shots some time ago. As long as I take shots I get sick. They claim they give you a very weakened strain, but some full strength strians get out through that very process because of lab problems or what not.

They say when you get up in years as you are, that the shot is the better thing to do, but I don't know if I'll be able to stomach a virtually automatic flu by taking one by the time I get a bit more up in years. I haven't had a flu in a couple of years. I think it's a good idea, to try some prevention, such as trying to bolster a heavier vitamin load, combined with at least sleeping as much as we 'plan to' and also maybe drinking at least a half glass of water more a day, during the susceptible flu period.
Major_Johnson
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Beach Haven, NJ, USA

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Post by Major_Johnson »

Some years ago, I took pre-nursing courses. One of the courses was Microbiology, a bear of a course believe me!! But it was my favorite. I learned allot. And one of the things my professor said was this. Flu viruses are different every year, they're never the same, they keep changing. The most current flu shot is always derived from last years flu virus. He also said that they were basically useless. So you can take that for what's it worth. Personally, I've never taken a flu shot myself.

Hope your feel better WB!!!
M.J.!
We serve others best when at the same time we serve ourselves.
User avatar
Charles2222
Posts: 3687
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2001 10:00 am

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Post by Charles2222 »

No wonder they're often available for free [;)]
User avatar
tracer
Posts: 1841
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2000 10:00 am
Location: New Smyrna Beach, FL USA
Contact:

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Post by tracer »

Two in one season?![X(]
I should have known you'd try to out-do everyone.[:D]
Get better fast bud.
Jim NSB ImageImage
User avatar
Alby
Posts: 4659
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Contact:

RE: Wild Bill Has Been Sick, Let's Give Him a Get-Well Soon Greeting

Post by Alby »

Get well soon Bill

Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”