Register problem with SPWAW 8.01 ?

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
Post Reply
Gruvan
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:00 am
Location: France

Register problem with SPWAW 8.01 ?

Post by Gruvan »

Hi,

I just lost a long tim trying to install SPWAW 80 and then 8.01. It is just unable to run on my computer. I first discovered I needed Direct X 9. Ok, I upgraded it. Then uninstall evrything and install it again. Now I can reach the first menu page, I see a big black screen, Then the screen get smaller, still being black and I get this message :

SPWAW a causé une défaillance de page dans
le module SPWAW.EXE à 018f:00401bda.
Registres :
EAX=20303432 CS=018f EIP=00401bda EFLGS=00010202
EBX=006d0000 SS=0197 ESP=007dfbf8 EBP=007dfe38
ECX=00b10eb0 DS=0197 ESI=00b10eb0 FS=0e67
EDX=80006630 ES=0197 EDI=00000000 GS=0000
Octets à CS : EIP :
8b 10 50 ff 52 08 89 7e 20 8b 46 18 3b c7 74 09
État de la pile :
00000000 00b10eb0 0040180b 00000000 007dfe38 4042539d 00000001 00000000 00000401 00000300 ebeae9e8 efeeedec f3f2f1f0 d7f6f5f4 fbfaf9f8 dffefdfc

This look like a registery problem. The hell I know how I could resolve it. Seems to me there is somthing wrong somwhere. But I can not find what !

Any suggestion ?

Gruvan
Back from the Future ;)
Gruvan
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:00 am
Location: France

RE: Register problem with SPWAW 8.01 ?

Post by Gruvan »

Hoops, I forgot :

My configuration is Microsoft Windows 98 4.10.2222 A
, Pentium III 500 Mhz, Matrox Millenium Graphic Card, 320 Mo RAM.

Thanks for reading [;)]
Back from the Future ;)
User avatar
Resisti
Posts: 1236
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Livorno, Italy

RE: Register problem with SPWAW 8.01 ?

Post by Resisti »

Bon soir, Gruvan :)

I'm not a computer wizard, so I can't explain in detail the reasons of that message, but try with a simple operation:

Go into the main Spwaw folder on your PC, and start the game by douvleclicking directly on the Mech.exe file.
It helped, in many cases.
Federico "Resisti" Doveri
Post Reply

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”