Command v1.05.1307.3 - Warplanner

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Post Reply
User avatar
SamSlitherine
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:38 pm

Command v1.05.1307.3 - Warplanner

Post by SamSlitherine »

The latest update is ready to download and play now. You can Download the update here. As well as via the 'Check for Update' button on the launcher and download area on the Product Page

This update brings with it a brand new set of tutorial scenarios for the multi-domain strike planner. They are specifically designed to help guide you with the new features and will help show off the new capabilities!

This update also includes a new addendum to the manual, which adds and covers the new features of the Warplanner Update.

Various other fixes and additions have been made and can be found in full, on the changelog/whatsnew document.
DWReese
Posts: 2607
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:40 am
Location: Miami, Florida

Re: Command v1.05.1307.3 - Warplanner

Post by DWReese »

Wasn't the last update named the same as this?
thewood1
Posts: 10411
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Command v1.05.1307.3 - Warplanner

Post by thewood1 »

That was a beta. This is the real deal.
zacklaws
Posts: 446
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:18 pm

Re: Command v1.05.1307.3 - Warplanner

Post by zacklaws »

I'm finding that I cannot install this update.

I have tried downloading the update and it refuses to update as it says that I need at least V105 1307 for it to be able to install.

I have tried the launcher to check for updates and it downloads the update, but it too also says that I need at least V105 1307 for it to be able to be installed.

When I check what version I am running, I am on V1.05 1307.3, which I presume will be the beta version.

Do I have to remove the beta and go back to V105 1307 ?
User avatar
joey
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Johnstown, PA

Re: Command v1.05.1307.3 - Warplanner

Post by joey »

I can't get it to update either. It keeps say version too low. I have 1.05.1307 installed. I hope you can get the updated fixed soon.
Fido81
Posts: 179
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:53 pm

Re: Command v1.05.1307.3 - Warplanner

Post by Fido81 »

Thanks for the update.

The MDSP tutorial is really helpful!

In light of the significant changes to the Cargo feature, is there a plan to update that tutorial?
KnightHawk75
Posts: 1850
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:24 pm

Re: Command v1.05.1307.3 - Warplanner

Post by KnightHawk75 »

Is this just a repackaging of the 1.05.1307.3 beta for the wider masses?
I have tried downloading the update and it refuses to update as it says that I need at least V105 1307 for it to be able to install. ...
When I check what version I am running, I am on V1.05 1307.3, which I presume will be the beta version.
Do I have to remove the beta and go back to V105 1307 ?
If you want you can make sure in your registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Matrix Games\Command Modern Operations\version is set to "1.05.1307", rerun it, and it should proceed.

As for what's different you'd have to ask, but I noticed vs the 1307.3beta zips, included differences since 1307.3 beta:
- adds updated manuals t(\manuals) folder
- updated whatsnew.pdf (root)
- new steamworksnet.dll (root)
- new command.exe (compiled after last beta, but still with the same version stamp...cause you know that's not confusing :?)
- update to launcher.exe.config (root)
Everything else included if you already had the 1307.3 beta is the same.
zacklaws
Posts: 446
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:18 pm

Re: Command v1.05.1307.3 - Warplanner

Post by zacklaws »

KnightHawk75 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:24 am
If you want you can make sure in your registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Matrix Games\Command Modern Operations\version is set to "1.05.1307", rerun it, and it should proceed.
That works perfect.

Many Thanks.
User avatar
SamSlitherine
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Command v1.05.1307.3 - Warplanner

Post by SamSlitherine »

KnightHawk75 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:24 am Is this just a repackaging of the 1.05.1307.3 beta for the wider masses?
I have tried downloading the update and it refuses to update as it says that I need at least V105 1307 for it to be able to install. ...
When I check what version I am running, I am on V1.05 1307.3, which I presume will be the beta version.
Do I have to remove the beta and go back to V105 1307 ?
If you want you can make sure in your registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Matrix Games\Command Modern Operations\version is set to "1.05.1307", rerun it, and it should proceed.
While this is advice is well intended and will let you update. We do not recommend anyone mess around with their registry - Installers will do this for you.

I'd suggest making sure you are on the official version of 1.05.1307 (using the remaster installer on our store if you need it) - if this step is being circumvented it will cause lots of issues.

If you are on the latest remastered version of 1.05.1307 (Warplanner/Tiny update) - then the update will/should work for you as intended. And you will ensure you have the correct fileset.

If you are on the correct remastered version and it is still causing issues, could you contact our support team and provide some reproduction steps for us to look into and verify. The version check is very much intended to ensure players are on the correct official version.

Obviously do as you please at your own discretion.....but official patches are official patches for a reason. I highly recommend making sure you are not trying to update from anything pre 1.05.1307 - as this will completely break certain features. (and is being blocked for that exact reason)
thewood1
Posts: 10411
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Command v1.05.1307.3 - Warplanner

Post by thewood1 »

I am a long time Matrix customer across dozens of games. The official updater has only ever worked for me sporadically. I stopped using it a few years ago and have only used the My Page downloads. Its what I recommend to any player who asks. I have wasted more time than I can count screwing around with the official updater. Its not an uncommon approach looking at the boards over the years.

And before you ask, I reported it multiple times over the years in the general forums and never got any satisfaction.
User avatar
ultradave
Posts: 1653
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:01 pm
Location: Rhode Island, USA

Re: Command v1.05.1307.3 - Warplanner

Post by ultradave »

Same ^^^ I share your pain, if you are talking about the "check for updates" button on the launcher. In fact have never gotten even an acknowledgement of the complaint. So I just always go to My Page or use the link provided in a forum. It's not just CMO, it's EVERY Matrix product.

But I think they meant official issued update using an installer vs. continuing with Betas.

I had no problem updating using the "here" link in the first post.

Dave
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"
thewood1
Posts: 10411
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Command v1.05.1307.3 - Warplanner

Post by thewood1 »

"But I think they meant official issued update using an installer vs. continuing with Betas"

Stop harshing a good rant.
User avatar
ultradave
Posts: 1653
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:01 pm
Location: Rhode Island, USA

Re: Command v1.05.1307.3 - Warplanner

Post by ultradave »

thewood1 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:21 pm "But I think they meant official issued update using an installer vs. continuing with Betas"

Stop harshing a good rant.
Well, at a least I reinforced the launcher update button part of the rant! :D

Dave
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"
User avatar
SamSlitherine
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Command v1.05.1307.3 - Warplanner

Post by SamSlitherine »

thewood1 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:21 pm I am a long time Matrix customer across dozens of games. The official updater has only ever worked for me sporadically. I stopped using it a few years ago and have only used the My Page downloads. Its what I recommend to any player who asks. I have wasted more time than I can count screwing around with the official updater. Its not an uncommon approach looking at the boards over the years.

And before you ask, I reported it multiple times over the years in the general forums and never got any satisfaction.
Hi wood1,

One thing that could be interfering is your AV software or windows firewall - the mypage and check for updates files are both the same update file (there is only ever one version of the installer)

Our support team should be able to provide you assistance in suggesting fixes as well.
Post Reply

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”