[WAD+FIXED] Missile Detections Way Overstated in 'Non-Optimised Sensors'

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

thewood1
Posts: 10411
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Missile Detections Way Overstated in 'Non-Optimised Sensors'

Post by thewood1 »

I am pretty sure that was done around build 1184 or so. The slaving of optical to other cuing systems was called out in a previous build. This appears to me the adding of all those features into the PE build. The POE build runs 6-9 months behind commercial. I'll check because I specifically remember the thread from late last year or so around it.
bsq
Posts: 682
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:11 pm

Re: Missile Detections Way Overstated in 'Non-Optimised Sensors'

Post by bsq »

thewood1 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:18 pm I am pretty sure that was done around build 1184 or so. The slaving of optical to other cuing systems was called out in a previous build. This appears to me the adding of all those features into the PE build. The POE build runs 6-9 months behind commercial. I'll check because I specifically remember the thread from late last year or so around it.
Yes, I think you are right, I re-read the devs response and corrected my post below yours. Sorry I didn't do it quickly enough before you responded to my erroneous statement.
thewood1
Posts: 10411
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Missile Detections Way Overstated in 'Non-Optimised Sensors'

Post by thewood1 »

Here is one of them...

ADDED: Visual and IR checks are now also susceptible to look-down clutter. For example it is easier for an IRST (or the plain Mk1 Eyeball) to pick out an aircraft over the horizon line than against the surface background.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... r#p4829531
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”