1.2.8.6 beacon bug

Moderator: MOD_DW2

Post Reply
higgins86
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2024 5:55 pm

1.2.8.6 beacon bug

Post by higgins86 »

I captured a colony with a beacon before the portals even show up.
https://mega.nz/file/bK4BSRBS#xTUMjo0yC ... SOvy7Xt4JY This is a save as the planet is taken.
20250125081048_1.jpg
20250125081048_1.jpg (949.34 KiB) Viewed 1509 times
I was able to research the study/destroy beacon techs but the beacon was still there later into the game.
https://mega.nz/file/OGpxWIgL#HiShxLYX7 ... IgauHGV09A This is a save when i noticed it was still on the planet.
20250203132800_1.jpg
20250203132800_1.jpg (912.69 KiB) Viewed 1509 times
User avatar
MaximKI
Posts: 2705
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:29 pm

Re: 1.2.8.6 beacon bug

Post by MaximKI »

Thanks for the report! Congrats on capturing the beacon before the Shakturi arrive! This does seem like a corner case - we'll investigate.
higgins86
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2024 5:55 pm

Re: 1.2.8.6 beacon bug

Post by higgins86 »

I would like to add to this.
In 1.2.8.8 I had a pirate sell me the location of one the beacons and I set up a outpost on it.
20250215005239_1.jpg
20250215005239_1.jpg (948.52 KiB) Viewed 1476 times
After establishing outpost I did not get any message about capturing a beacon or was able to research it.
After the war started a defeated zenox empire revived on the shakturi side.
20250215010016_1.jpg
20250215010016_1.jpg (927.65 KiB) Viewed 1476 times
I think something broke in the game because I never got any special war events and they never colonized the other beacon.

https://mega.nz/file/eCBylBhJ#yaYgB0TeG ... xeTBSs97YI a save just before I colonized a beacon after they arrived.

https://mega.nz/file/DKhCVTrb#f-2NJcaso ... 2I2Ap9QCOs a save much later into the game after realizing a lack of shakturi war events and messages.
User avatar
MaximKI
Posts: 2705
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:29 pm

Re: 1.2.8.6 beacon bug

Post by MaximKI »

higgins86 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2025 6:19 am I would like to add to this.
In 1.2.8.8 I had a pirate sell me the location of one the beacons and I set up a outpost on it.
20250215005239_1.jpg
After establishing outpost I did not get any message about capturing a beacon or was able to research it.
After the war started a defeated zenox empire revived on the shakturi side.
20250215010016_1.jpg
I think something broke in the game because I never got any special war events and they never colonized the other beacon.

https://mega.nz/file/eCBylBhJ#yaYgB0TeG ... xeTBSs97YI a save just before I colonized a beacon after they arrived.

https://mega.nz/file/DKhCVTrb#f-2NJcaso ... 2I2Ap9QCOs a save much later into the game after realizing a lack of shakturi war events and messages.
Have the Shakturi arrived by the time you colonized the planet with the beacon?
higgins86
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2024 5:55 pm

Re: 1.2.8.6 beacon bug

Post by higgins86 »

Yea, they arrive at the start of 2848. I believe the one beacon did not get discovered by them at all.
Would more save files or screenshots help?
User avatar
MaximKI
Posts: 2705
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:29 pm

Re: 1.2.8.6 beacon bug

Post by MaximKI »

I think we have enough info at this point. If we need more, we'll let you know.
Post Reply

Return to “Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support”