Action Stations

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Post Reply
Lawyerboy
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:14 pm

Action Stations

Post by Lawyerboy »

Group: Having no luck with this query in another section of this forum and now becoming desperate I will try here: Is anyone besides myself familiar with the surface warfare simulation called Action Stations? I think it first hit the shelves in about 1989. If your out there somewhere I have some questions.

DK
David L. Kimble
User avatar
Admiral DadMan
Posts: 3426
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:00 am
Location: A Lion uses all its might to catch a Rabbit

RE: Action Stations

Post by Admiral DadMan »

Do a search or "warez" gaming sites and you'll find a copy to play.
Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
Image
User avatar
Ol_Dog
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:50 pm
Location: Southern Illinois

RE: Action Stations

Post by Ol_Dog »

I have got it in a box some place
Common Sense is an uncommon virtue.
If you think you have everything under control, you don't fully understand the situation.
User avatar
mbatch729
Posts: 534
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 8:00 am
Location: North Carolina

RE: Action Stations

Post by mbatch729 »

It is available for download on The Underdogs site. http://www.the-underdogs.org/
Later,
FC3(SW) Batch
USS Iowa
ruger1997
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:01 pm

RE: Action Stations

Post by ruger1997 »

I have a copy of it somewhere in a box......what is the question?
pad152
Posts: 2835
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2000 8:00 am

RE: Action Stations

Post by pad152 »

Action Stations -Good game, I was always suprised they never made a remake of that one.
User avatar
Grouchy
Posts: 1016
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Nuenen, Noord-Brabant, Nederland
Contact:

RE: Action Stations

Post by Grouchy »

Yeah, I remember playing Action Stations! playing to death.
PQ-17, Sunda Strait, Savo island or simply duking it out with Montana class BB's vs H-44 BB's.

Darn good gameplay, brilliant sim and manual, driven by an interface from hell.
And then the copy protection: type the 18th word of the 4nd paragraph on page 87 [&:]
Image
Speedysteve
Posts: 15990
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Reading, England

RE: Action Stations

Post by Speedysteve »

How do you get past the security page? It asks for so and so on page..... I have looked at the manual online but it has no page numbers so how am I to determine which page is which?

Regards,

Steven
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
User avatar
mbatch729
Posts: 534
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 8:00 am
Location: North Carolina

RE: Action Stations

Post by mbatch729 »

On the Underdog site, there should be a document in the downloads that tells you the password for page, paragraph, etc.
Later,
FC3(SW) Batch
USS Iowa
Lawyerboy
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:14 pm

RE: Action Stations

Post by Lawyerboy »

Well, to get to the point I am still playing the thing to death and have gotten ahold of a bunch of utilities that the authors made for it. I am trying to find out if an editor was ever made to add/modify the ship classes that came with it ? Could one be put together??
I wouldnt bother except for the fact that graphics and the god awful interface aside the program accounted for things that no tactical WWII naval game has even though its 15 years old ie spotter ac, coast defenses, director control etc.
Oh yeah....Ive got the security code. It came from the Underdog site
DK
ORIGINAL: Speedy

How do you get past the security page? It asks for so and so on page..... I have looked at the manual online but it has no page numbers so how am I to determine which page is which?

Regards,

Steven
David L. Kimble
ruger1997
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:01 pm

RE: Action Stations

Post by ruger1997 »

I believe there was a small editor included with the game but am unsure about it since it has been so long since I have played. If I ever find the game in my boxes of stuff i will pul it out and see.
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”