Advanced Squad to Battalion Leader Command Mod (ASL Tactic)
Advanced Squad to Battalion Leader Command Mod (ASL Tactic)
Started a little WW2 Tactical mod, inspired from Advanced Squad Leader, the great old "paper wargame" know by all wargamers
Name's mod : Advanced Squad to Battalion Leader (ASL Tactic Command)
The tests I made these days are 1000% positive, more than I did hope, AI plays that perfect and it makes a very good opponent on maps 75 x 75 hex or 125 x 125
Work in progress for german (sections, companies, battalions) : I use large counters, made I think by Sipres (?) some years ago, they come from a mod named "Big Nato" I did find on the forum.
Work is not finished, of course, I have to add lot of other elements on units and not all units are presents in the image (I will use the 5 level of first slot to have differents units)
Graphs of unit come from creations made by Tot, Fairlines, Tanelor and other talentuous creators-modders of the game Civilization II
Size units, quality, moral and logistic will be modelized at 2 levels : manual upgrades and automatic upgrades : by this way, the player will be able to calibrate exactly what he wants in the oob
SIZE = Section, company, battalion
QUALITY = General moral of unit, energy/tiredness, weapons quality, range weapons, etc)
LOGISTIC = Carburant, material, ammo supply)
COMMAND : quality of command/control (officers)
In addition, automatic upgrades system will manage "COMMAND", AIR SUPPORT and HEAVY ARTY SUPPOORT (including naval arty) : depending of scenarios, eachside will have (or not) air superiority and /or heavy arty LR superiority.
=> Only light campaign arty, rockets like Nebelwerfer and mortars will be on map : due to the tactical scale, air and heavy arty are not adapted to be present as units.
I added "medical teams", with a little "house rule" to be observed
Aircrafts at the end of file are "light reco aircrafts" that will be used to observe ennemy oob, and to try to break a little bit fog of war
The tests I made these days are 1000% positive, more than I did hope, AI plays that perfect and it makes a very good opponent on maps 75 x 75 hex or 125 x 125
Work in progress for german (sections, companies, battalions) : I use large counters, made I think by Sipres (?) some years ago, they come from a mod named "Big Nato" I did find on the forum.
Work is not finished, of course, I have to add lot of other elements on units and not all units are presents in the image (I will use the 5 level of first slot to have differents units)
Graphs of unit come from creations made by Tot, Fairlines, Tanelor and other talentuous creators-modders of the game Civilization II
Size units, quality, moral and logistic will be modelized at 2 levels : manual upgrades and automatic upgrades : by this way, the player will be able to calibrate exactly what he wants in the oob
SIZE = Section, company, battalion
QUALITY = General moral of unit, energy/tiredness, weapons quality, range weapons, etc)
LOGISTIC = Carburant, material, ammo supply)
COMMAND : quality of command/control (officers)
In addition, automatic upgrades system will manage "COMMAND", AIR SUPPORT and HEAVY ARTY SUPPOORT (including naval arty) : depending of scenarios, eachside will have (or not) air superiority and /or heavy arty LR superiority.
=> Only light campaign arty, rockets like Nebelwerfer and mortars will be on map : due to the tactical scale, air and heavy arty are not adapted to be present as units.
I added "medical teams", with a little "house rule" to be observed
Aircrafts at the end of file are "light reco aircrafts" that will be used to observe ennemy oob, and to try to break a little bit fog of war
Last edited by welk on Tue Aug 25, 2026 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Advanced Squad to Battalion Leader Command Mod (ASL Tactic)
Here is the global structure of a infantry regiment (Wehrmacht) in the mod
It will be the perfect format to play tactical scenarios in the game, with approx 102 unit for German side (to have fast turns, it's better to limit at 150 max units per side)
HQ regiment and HQ battalion will have different graphs, here is just a first look
It will be the perfect format to play tactical scenarios in the game, with approx 102 unit for German side (to have fast turns, it's better to limit at 150 max units per side)
HQ regiment and HQ battalion will have different graphs, here is just a first look
Re: Advanced Squad to Battalion Leader Command Mod (ASL Tactic)
Definitive oob for german forces
Some new units have been added on vanilla units, with specific functions and with their particular parameters. The activate symbol is not correct, just in work. The little point on the railroad is not a unit, just an invisible tip I use on map to modelize eventuel pb of tactical command (player will not see it in game)
Reco aircraft have been erased, they had no real utility
Heavy LR Arty and Aircrafts are not units in the mod : they are modelized by some special parameters, using "upgrade" section : for each scenario, designer will be able to definite which side has best air support and/or best Heavy LR support arty
Graphs of unit come from creations made by Tot, Tanelon, Fairlines and other talentuous creators-modders of the game Civilization II on the Civilization II fan site (some other deco elements come from old games of Battleground serie)
Some new units have been added on vanilla units, with specific functions and with their particular parameters. The activate symbol is not correct, just in work. The little point on the railroad is not a unit, just an invisible tip I use on map to modelize eventuel pb of tactical command (player will not see it in game)
Reco aircraft have been erased, they had no real utility
Heavy LR Arty and Aircrafts are not units in the mod : they are modelized by some special parameters, using "upgrade" section : for each scenario, designer will be able to definite which side has best air support and/or best Heavy LR support arty
Graphs of unit come from creations made by Tot, Tanelon, Fairlines and other talentuous creators-modders of the game Civilization II on the Civilization II fan site (some other deco elements come from old games of Battleground serie)
Re: Advanced Squad to Battalion Leader Command Mod (ASL Tactic)
US Army counters
Graphs of unit come from creations made by Tot, Tanelon, Fairlines and other talentuous creators-modders of the game Civilization II on the Civilization II fan site (some other deco elements come from old games of Battleground serie)
Graphs of unit come from creations made by Tot, Tanelon, Fairlines and other talentuous creators-modders of the game Civilization II on the Civilization II fan site (some other deco elements come from old games of Battleground serie)
Re: Advanced Squad to Battalion Leader Command Mod (ASL Tactic)
Work inprogress
Flags are those of the civil war mod because I started with this campaign, it will be modified
Us and german unit are false oriented, it's provisary (just for tests)
For this mod, I returned to vanilla look, perhaps (not sure) I will bleach it a little bit (but not so clear than my old Boardgme mod). I will do some little adaptation (concerning 3D mountains, cities more larger, etc)
AI works very fine with parameters I have set : it makes encirclements, vicious attaks, etc.
The game of Hubert is really a rare gemm, the better game/editor I never seen in my modder "life"
Flags are those of the civil war mod because I started with this campaign, it will be modified
Us and german unit are false oriented, it's provisary (just for tests)
For this mod, I returned to vanilla look, perhaps (not sure) I will bleach it a little bit (but not so clear than my old Boardgme mod). I will do some little adaptation (concerning 3D mountains, cities more larger, etc)
AI works very fine with parameters I have set : it makes encirclements, vicious attaks, etc.
The game of Hubert is really a rare gemm, the better game/editor I never seen in my modder "life"
Re: Advanced Squad to Battalion Leader Command Mod (ASL Tactic)
Start screen of the ASL TACTIC COMMAND mod
The mod will come with a old historical sound track I found on Internet archives
Due to the fact AI plays in a exellent and agressive way the mod with adapted (and a little bit vicious
) parameters, the mod will be playable only vs AI (but I will do a multi players version if somebody wants to play it in multi)
The mod will come with a old historical sound track I found on Internet archives
Due to the fact AI plays in a exellent and agressive way the mod with adapted (and a little bit vicious
Re: Advanced Squad to Battalion Leader Command Mod (ASL Tactic)
New terrain implemented : AP mines, AT mines, AT traps & AT obstacles, etc
Re: Advanced Squad to Battalion Leader Command Mod (ASL Tactic)
Work on the beach...
What can be made with the game system of Hubert is incredible, this engine is very powerfull
(the beaches of the mod does une the arid tiles of SuSanchiti_3.4.1_mod_SCWWII_WIE)
What can be made with the game system of Hubert is incredible, this engine is very powerfull
(the beaches of the mod does une the arid tiles of SuSanchiti_3.4.1_mod_SCWWII_WIE)
Re: Advanced Squad to Battalion Leader Command Mod (ASL Tactic)
Initialy, I planed to limit the mod to USA/German troops. But tests are so positives (AI plays this system like if Hubert had made it for this scale
, that I am adding soviet units, to allow "East front" tactical scenarios (just a particularity : soviet oob will not have amphibious unit)
(work in progress)
All icons units come from compilation work of talentuous images's creator for the old Vivilization II : Tot, Fairline, Tanelorn and others (they create these graphs icons to be used by other players and scenario designers)
(work in progress)
All icons units come from compilation work of talentuous images's creator for the old Vivilization II : Tot, Fairline, Tanelorn and others (they create these graphs icons to be used by other players and scenario designers)
Re: Advanced Squad to Battalion Leader Command Mod (ASL Tactic)
Large battle on a fictive Omaha, to calibrate parameters
I never seen the SC AI so agressive and efficient, special parameters works fine
In the mod, interarms combat is very important because units are highly specialized : by example, a AT gun can nothing vs Infantry, it must be covered by a LMG or HMG unit, and same for all units
The mod will come with a soundtrack "background" (in place of vanilla music), and in addition, 8 or 9 sound tracks of these time will be provided, to be lunched with lecter media during battle. I addition of units sounds (I have adapted them), the ambiance is like a war film.
Actually, german units and US units are oriented to right, but the mod will come with 2 sets for each side, player will choice what set he prefers (left or right, the are usable indifferently in the mod)
I never seen the SC AI so agressive and efficient, special parameters works fine
In the mod, interarms combat is very important because units are highly specialized : by example, a AT gun can nothing vs Infantry, it must be covered by a LMG or HMG unit, and same for all units
The mod will come with a soundtrack "background" (in place of vanilla music), and in addition, 8 or 9 sound tracks of these time will be provided, to be lunched with lecter media during battle. I addition of units sounds (I have adapted them), the ambiance is like a war film.
Actually, german units and US units are oriented to right, but the mod will come with 2 sets for each side, player will choice what set he prefers (left or right, the are usable indifferently in the mod)
Re: Advanced Squad to Battalion Leader Command Mod (ASL Tactic)
Supplementary levels of zooms may be used during game, (Ctrle+Alt and roll-mouse)
Re: Advanced Squad to Battalion Leader Command Mod (ASL Tactic)
I have probably build a monster like Frankenstein
, because AI is really hard without any advantage given to it
Re: Advanced Squad to Battalion Leader Command Mod (ASL Tactic)
The game has now, in tactical scale, a new feature : air drop of a supply unit with high supply parameters. The dropped supply unit will be able to move, but very vulnerable and slow (you will have to protect it against ennemy, if not your precious supply will be destroyed and your paratroopers will fight and die for nothing...)
This game is full crazy, probably the best game I never modded...
This "drop system" could also be used to organize large airborne scenarios operations (I will do).
DROP-ZONES (visible on map or masked, depending of cases) GLOBAL MECHANISMP AND USED NEW UNITS DECISION TO OPERATE DROP (Some conditions are needed, in particular intervention of guiding drop units, to guid aircrafts and to help them with smoke to find drop-zones)
Of course, you will have few guiding drop units in your oob (2 or 3 max), and they will be slow and vulnerable. If you will lose them, you will lose the hope to get a drop supply : adios supply = adios victory...
OPERATION EXECUTION
This game is full crazy, probably the best game I never modded...
This "drop system" could also be used to organize large airborne scenarios operations (I will do).
DROP-ZONES (visible on map or masked, depending of cases) GLOBAL MECHANISMP AND USED NEW UNITS DECISION TO OPERATE DROP (Some conditions are needed, in particular intervention of guiding drop units, to guid aircrafts and to help them with smoke to find drop-zones)
Of course, you will have few guiding drop units in your oob (2 or 3 max), and they will be slow and vulnerable. If you will lose them, you will lose the hope to get a drop supply : adios supply = adios victory...
Re: Advanced Squad to Battalion Leader Command Mod (ASL Tactic)
New terrain added, to allow fighting in mountain pass
The new mountains are 100 % out of acces for the both side (including fighting), excepted in some pass, because they are owned by a fictive neutral country named "MOUNTAINS"
For global view : there are 5 sorts of "hard" terrains (in addition of vanilla heavy forest, clear forest, bocage, fields, etc) :
* Rough (in plain)
* Hilly
* Hilly rugged
* Hilly rugged+
* Hilly rugged+MOUNTAINS (out of acces)
The new mountains are 100 % out of acces for the both side (including fighting), excepted in some pass, because they are owned by a fictive neutral country named "MOUNTAINS"
For global view : there are 5 sorts of "hard" terrains (in addition of vanilla heavy forest, clear forest, bocage, fields, etc) :
* Rough (in plain)
* Hilly
* Hilly rugged
* Hilly rugged+
* Hilly rugged+MOUNTAINS (out of acces)