2 little curious situations in combats

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.
Post Reply
User avatar
welk
Posts: 1309
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:41 pm
Location: France

2 little curious situations in combats

Post by welk »

Working on my ASL Tactic Command mod, I noticed 2 strange situations during tests, that seems be little bugs, but not really problematics. I just report them in case of utility.

1/ When a unit class is set to move = 0 (action points= 0) to modelize bunkers, the parameters move = 0 does work for human player but concerned units of AI side may move (I did see my bunker in magic levitation to cross at least 5 hex :mrgreen: ). Not really annoying because I use another solution : to modelize bunkers, I use now a RR unit placed in one unic invisible rail hex and they are blocked in move.

2/ Sometimes (it does occur regulary), tanks or assault guns of AI conduct a kind of "infinite attack cycle" that have a relatively long duration (15/30 seconds), even they are set with one unic strike in parameters : curiously, the attacking unit (tank or assault gun) and the attacked unit (all kind of units) stay blocked in a sort of "infinite combat cycle", that ends only when one is destroyed or in retreat.

It's not vey annoying because the cycle always ends, and I set the retreat parameter at a high level to abrege it, and in addition I reduced the "loss evasion" capacity of tanks/assault guns in attacks, but this little bug of "infinite attack cycle" does occur regulary during games (not systematicly but regulary)

Precision : In my mod, assault guns does use the "mechanized units" slot, and tanks use the vanilla "tanks slot". They have the both a range fire = 2 or 3
I never noticed this little problem with another type of units (example : Mechanized infantry and motorized infantry of my mod use vanilla cavalry slots and have a range fire = 2, but this little problem did never occur with these units)

I think this little problem has perhaps a link with something that is hard coded, because I noticed that tanks and mechanized (my "assault guns") are very oft agressively used by AI in attacks : when this problem does occur, all things work like if tanks or mechanized (my "assault guns") did not want to stop combat after using their strike capacity.

EDIT : Seems that the solution to the second question (repetitive attacks cycle) is perhaps here :
https://forums.matrixgames.com/viewtopi ... 4#p5291664
User avatar
Hubert Cater
Posts: 6118
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:42 am
Contact:

Re: 2 little curious situations in combats

Post by Hubert Cater »

I suspect the infinite attack cycle may be linked to what you found in the other thread with negative values.

Will look into this as well
User avatar
welk
Posts: 1309
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:41 pm
Location: France

Re: 2 little curious situations in combats

Post by welk »

Ok, thanks Hubert. Yes, I think same for the origine of problem

Seems there are 2 solutions, perhaps :
1- To give program instruction to consider that if total capacity of a unit in a parameter is < 0 (due to negatives penalities), the program has to consider the capacity as = 0
2- Or to create in editor an alert for user : when he set parameters (penalties) that conduct to a total negative capacity of unit for a precise parameter, the alert open a windows to say : "you cannot do that, etc"
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”