Can't Purchase

War in Spain 1936-39 is the first in a new wargame series, using a new Land-Sea-Air engine inspired by War in the Pacific - Admiral’s Edition. Gameplay and realism are improved by TRUE AI and a detailed Logistics systems. A hyper detailed OOB reaches down to battalion and company level. A beautiful, hand drawn, 5 nautical mile per hex map massively increases player immersion.

Moderator: jwilkerson

Post Reply
sfbaytf
Posts: 1398
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:54 pm

Can't Purchase

Post by sfbaytf »

Might want to look into new payment system. Tried to purchase but can't. Apparently I'm in a restricted area. Never had this issue before over the years. I'm in the US.

Contacted the payment support team and nothing they can do...guess I'll spend money elsewhere.
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19764
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

Re: Can't Purchase

Post by RangerJoe »

sfbaytf wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2026 8:06 pm Might want to look into new payment system. Tried to purchase but can't. Apparently I'm in a restricted area. Never had this issue before over the years. I'm in the US.

Contacted the payment support team and nothing they can do...guess I'll spend money elsewhere.
Check your browser settings. Reboot and clear your cache that way.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
sfbaytf
Posts: 1398
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:54 pm

Re: Can't Purchase

Post by sfbaytf »

Tried that as well as trying different browser and same error. Tried turning off vpn and still same error. Tried using iPhone and Apple Pay same error …
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19764
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

Re: Can't Purchase

Post by RangerJoe »

sfbaytf wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2026 6:58 pm Tried that as well as trying different browser and same error. Tried turning off vpn and still same error. Tried using iPhone and Apple Pay same error …
Make sure that you don't have any add-ons blocking scripts.

You might want to give a more detailed description of the issue to include pictures.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
Iroquois239
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:11 am

Re: Can't Purchase

Post by Iroquois239 »

First post, long time lurker, but I think it is important that I post this. I moved away from Steam a few years ago, wanted to support Matrix directly. Spent a lot of money in the past to support this beautiful community quietly. Same here, tried buying WITE three weeks ago. Impossible to do, even using the same bank details I've used here for years, so after the fifth try I stopped, I didn't want to get my card blocked and extend this painful experience any further. Then I setup Apple pay which I never use, but hey, I'll do it for Matrix. Even got bank confirmation that all is setup and good to go. Great! Matrix please take my money. Not working at all. I quit after a few tries over a couple of days. But by now I'm speaking in my native tongue...and I can't post that language here. So, I got WITE on Steam, sigh, yes back to Steam, and paid with that same bank details I've used here all these years. Sorry Matrix, the trust has been broken. I will definitely think twice before I use your payment system again, even if you do change it back to something that works. This is really unfortunate, I am hoping that you can fix this, because I just can not take any more risks with multiple attempts to send my bank details into the void. If you do, I'll probably buy WITE on Matrix again, just to show my support and be away from Steam.
User avatar
Sandrasy
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2025 11:20 am

Re: Can't Purchase

Post by Sandrasy »

Hello!

Sorry to hear about your experience and the frustration this has caused.

We have found that the denied transaction issue was caused by an error with user's phone numbers, which has now been fixed. You shouldn't have any more errors when making a payment on the site. If there are any further issues or concerns, please let us know.

Apologies again for this.
GiveWarAchance
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:42 pm

Re: Can't Purchase

Post by GiveWarAchance »

sfbaytf wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2026 8:06 pm Might want to look into new payment system. Tried to purchase but can't. Apparently I'm in a restricted area. Never had this issue before over the years. I'm in the US.

Contacted the payment support team and nothing they can do...guess I'll spend money elsewhere.
It works now (like the support say above).
I can confirm this because I just bought this nice game after having the same problem as you a couple of weeks before.
The payment system is working normally now.

This game is quite amazing. Incredible detail. I am still reading the manual which is huge but nicely designed. I recommend you buy this game cause it deserves to be popular.
sfbaytf
Posts: 1398
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:54 pm

Re: Can't Purchase

Post by sfbaytf »

Finally able to purchase. Watching some videos. Looks a lot like witp so shouldn’t be hard to get into but I know very little about the Spanish Civil War and it’s not high on my interest list.

That being said I like what I’m seeing so far. I’ve had experience in Witp again the AI and PBEM Campaign. The land part was the weakest aspect of WITP and the China theater was a chore in part to the way the land system was so this if lives up to it promise then that’s a big win.

Really want to see how AI performs and one of the videos I’ve watched addressed the AI system of this so I’m very interested to see how it does.

Saw the other thread on what should be next game for this new system. My vote is for a remake of Uncommon Valor using this new system. I think this is perfectly suited to the SW Pacific theater. A combined Air, Sea and Naval battle where logistics and taking of key ports and airfields was crucial. It would also be a great opportunity to see how it handles the movement and combat of units moving through difficult terrain and handling the crucial aspect of keeping them and airbases supplied.
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19764
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

Re: Can't Purchase

Post by RangerJoe »

sfbaytf wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2026 1:07 am Finally able to purchase. Watching some videos. Looks a lot like witp so shouldn’t be hard to get into but I know very little about the Spanish Civil War and it’s not high on my interest list.

That being said I like what I’m seeing so far. I’ve had experience in Witp again the AI and PBEM Campaign. The land part was the weakest aspect of WITP and the China theater was a chore in part to the way the land system was so this if lives up to it promise then that’s a big win.

Really want to see how AI performs and one of the videos I’ve watched addressed the AI system of this so I’m very interested to see how it does.

Saw the other thread on what should be next game for this new system. My vote is for a remake of Uncommon Valor using this new system. I think this is perfectly suited to the SW Pacific theater. A combined Air, Sea and Naval battle where logistics and taking of key ports and airfields was crucial. It would also be a great opportunity to see how it handles the movement and combat of units moving through difficult terrain and handling the crucial aspect of keeping them and airbases supplied.
I suggest that you look at my first two AARs for help in setting up and playing the game.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
Iroquois239
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:11 am

Re: Can't Purchase

Post by Iroquois239 »

Big thank you to Matrix staff, payment system is working again. As I said in my previous post if this gets fixed I will probably buy WITE again to show my support, which is what I just did. It also helped a lot that you have the Gary Grigsby series as the deal of the week, many thanks and much appreciated.
And oh yes, War in Spain is truly a masterpiece to me, I had to get a couple of books to read up on a war that I know
very little of. I will spend a lot of time on this one in the future that's for sure.
Post Reply

Return to “War in Spain 1936-39”