1940-43 - Campaign for Mediterranean RBv01
- rhinobones
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2002 10:00 am
1940-43 - Campaign for Mediterranean RBv01
Attached is my TOAW IV version of scenario 1940-43 - Campaign for Mediterranean. It is based on the original author’s last known release. Unfortunately, multiple attempts to identify and contact the original author were unsuccessful.
Changes are primarily to 1) advanced rules, deployment rules and events to employ TOAW IV features and 2) revise formations deployment locations and objective tracks in an effort to make the PO more competitive in the solo game. The scenario is far too complex for the PO to ever be a true competitor, but if a player understands the PO’s limitations, a game centered on Ethiopia, North Africa, Sicily/Italy or Yugoslavia/Greece, et al, can be quite enjoyable.
The scenario briefing contains a full listing of the changes incorporated in version RBv01. Included is the author’s original briefing.
Regards, RhinoBones
Download scenario here:
Changes are primarily to 1) advanced rules, deployment rules and events to employ TOAW IV features and 2) revise formations deployment locations and objective tracks in an effort to make the PO more competitive in the solo game. The scenario is far too complex for the PO to ever be a true competitor, but if a player understands the PO’s limitations, a game centered on Ethiopia, North Africa, Sicily/Italy or Yugoslavia/Greece, et al, can be quite enjoyable.
The scenario briefing contains a full listing of the changes incorporated in version RBv01. Included is the author’s original briefing.
Regards, RhinoBones
Download scenario here:
- Attachments
-
- Full View.JPG (253.02 KiB) Viewed 2278 times
-
- Levant.JPG (259.2 KiB) Viewed 2278 times
-
- North Africa.JPG (265.28 KiB) Viewed 2278 times
Colin Wright:
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil
Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil
Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags
Re: 1940-43 - Campaign for Mediterranean RBv01
Great piece of work. Sad that so many authors go mia. You are doing a good job of editing these old scenarios so they are more up to date.
ne nothi tere te deorsum (don't let the bastards grind you down)
If duct tape doesn't fix it then you are not using enough duct tape.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein.
If duct tape doesn't fix it then you are not using enough duct tape.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein.
- IslandInland
- Posts: 1190
- Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:54 pm
- Location: YORKSHIRE
- Contact:
Re: 1940-43 - Campaign for Mediterranean RBv01
Thanks for doing this.
Beta Tester for:
War In The East 2 & Steel Inferno Expansion
War In The West Operation Torch
Strategic Command American Civil War
Strategic Command WWII: War in the Pacific
XXXCorps
1941 Hitler's Dream Scenario for WITE 2
War In The East 2 & Steel Inferno Expansion
War In The West Operation Torch
Strategic Command American Civil War
Strategic Command WWII: War in the Pacific
XXXCorps
1941 Hitler's Dream Scenario for WITE 2
- rhinobones
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2002 10:00 am
Re: 1940-43 - Campaign for Mediterranean RBv01
Appreciate the comments, thank you. However, it should be noted that the scenario is still mostly the work of the original author and the author’s work is to be applauded.
Regards, RhinoBones
Colin Wright:
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil
Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil
Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags
Re: 1940-43 - Campaign for Mediterranean RBv01
I approached things a little differently both graphically, textually and with the scenario. I should get around to posting these 25-50 things I got laying around ...
Zoomed out.

Zoomed in a bit.

Zoomed in max.

Sorry to hijack your thread ...
Zoomed out.

Zoomed in a bit.

Zoomed in max.

Sorry to hijack your thread ...

Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Tester for WDS games
- rhinobones
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2002 10:00 am
Re: 1940-43 - Campaign for Mediterranean RBv01
I switched blue and red micro icons. For some reason Allied “blue” and Axis “red” just seems right to me. I couldn't adjust to playing with a "blue" Axis.Zovs wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:06 pm I approached things a little differently both graphically, textually and with the scenario. I should get around to posting these 25-50 things I got laying around ...
I do like your color schemes for North African forces. Look forward to seeing the finished product. Also, the scenario looks pretty good as a board game.
Regards, RhinoBones
Colin Wright:
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil
Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil
Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags
Re: 1940-43 - Campaign for Mediterranean RBv01
Thanks, its a combo of my board war game graphic mod (I use dropbox to share its large) and modifying the color counters. As you can imagine its a painstaking and meticulous task getting the colors right but when the stars line up its beautiful. lol 

Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Tester for WDS games
Re: 1940-43 - Campaign for Mediterranean RBv01
But you know who's the original author, right?rhinobones wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:52 am Attached is my TOAW IV version of scenario 1940-43 - Campaign for Mediterranean. It is based on the original author’s last known release. Unfortunately, multiple attempts to identify and contact the original author were unsuccessful.
- rhinobones
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2002 10:00 am
Re: 1940-43 - Campaign for Mediterranean RBv01
No, I do not know the original author’s name or contact information.
The original scenario briefing did not identify the author, I posted a request for information on this forum without response and another person stated that he was also unable to contact the author.
Regards
Colin Wright:
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil
Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil
Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags
Re: 1940-43 - Campaign for Mediterranean RBv01
The original author is Piero Falotti. I'm sure you've already heard of him.
My version of the original scenario - from the days of Stategist.net - is clearly identified.
My version of the original scenario - from the days of Stategist.net - is clearly identified.
- rhinobones
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2002 10:00 am
Re: 1940-43 - Campaign for Mediterranean RBv01
Pierro was an innovator and a gracious supporter of my early endeavors. I’m not surprised that he is the original author. Wish you had told me this when I posted my request.secadegas wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:53 pm The original author is Piero Falotti. I'm sure you've already heard of him.
My version of the original scenario - from the days of Stategist.net - is clearly identified.
I was never part of the Strategist forum so I’m unfamiliar with your work. Please post it here and let’s give the community more choices. Eventually Zovs will also be posting an update.
Regards, RhinoBones
Colin Wright:
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil
Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil
Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags
Re: 1940-43 - Campaign for Mediterranean RBv01
This looks awesome and I'm going to play it now. I'm so glad it's not dead. Is there any consideration to add actual ship classes?
- rhinobones
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2002 10:00 am
Re: 1940-43 - Campaign for Mediterranean RBv01
Short answer, no. There must be in excess of 100 individually named ships, but no indication of ship class. Maybe the class could be added to the unit name. Sounds like a good job for an ensign.
Regards
Colin Wright:
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil
Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil
Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags
Re: 1940-43 - Campaign for Mediterranean RBv01
Has any modder out there attempted to install ship classes to this mod?
Ens Macgregor reporting for duty! Ok. If I'm not the only player who would like to see ship classes added to this mod, perhaps there's someone who could explain what's required to swap the generics with ship classes already in the database.
I'm no modder. But I can copy paste and delete files if someone can instruct me a little bit. Doing it in the game editor seems tedious with all the toggling down. Perhaps there are file locations that would allow me to do it in explorer.
Ens Macgregor reporting for duty! Ok. If I'm not the only player who would like to see ship classes added to this mod, perhaps there's someone who could explain what's required to swap the generics with ship classes already in the database.
I'm no modder. But I can copy paste and delete files if someone can instruct me a little bit. Doing it in the game editor seems tedious with all the toggling down. Perhaps there are file locations that would allow me to do it in explorer.


