Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21 (D21)
- larryfulkerson
- Posts: 43048
- Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
- Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
- Contact:
Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21
This is T73 in the Vologda area right now. Nobody has moved yet. I need more boots on the ground as you can see. My advanced group ( in the upper northeastmost ) may need to pull back to behind the river for several turns because I may have pushed forward too soon and weakened my lines in the rear. I'll see if I can pull someone away from what they are doing and rail them into this AO soonest. I've indicated the unrepaired rail with a red line but you can see it in the inset. I need to repair this rail as fast as I can because it's holding me back. Closer to Rybinsk I'm doing a little bit better but only because of the weakness of the Soviet units facing me there. I've decided I wasn't supplying you guys with enough news to keep up with the doings so I'm going to make a better effort in that reguard. I've been so wrapped up with wanting to accellerate things to see what happens next that I neglected to take you guys with me. My bad.
Last edited by larryfulkerson on Sun Sep 27, 2026 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ
- larryfulkerson
- Posts: 43048
- Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
- Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
- Contact:
Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21
I've decided that of the 8 RR engineers I have at least 4 of them need to go to the north and fix that situation already alluded to above. I was moving them from the Krasnodor area and they have 8 more MP's left so I needed to find a place where they might do some good while on their way north. So I parked them at a place where there's some rail they need to work on. Any place will do actually, as long as they are doing something helpful.
Last edited by larryfulkerson on Sun Sep 27, 2026 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ
- larryfulkerson
- Posts: 43048
- Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
- Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
- Contact:
Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21
This is the T73 Moscow area right now. As you can see I have some brave units trying to fight as single divisions on the line and that only works when they have bou cou arty to back them up. Without the arty they would last maybe a turn and a half. I'm trying to gauge whether or not an assault on Moscow might have some hope of succeeding. I don't think I have enough arty within range yet. I'd like to see more arty on my attacks. I need warheads on foreheads.
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ
- larryfulkerson
- Posts: 43048
- Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
- Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
- Contact:
Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21
This is the T73 in the Belomorsk area right now and you can see I'm trying to fight off some Soviet units with a single division and some helpers. Fortunately they aren't gigantic stacks of units and I can almost make some progress with what I have available. I guess I'll have to get used to having a disadvantage in manpower for this game.
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ
- larryfulkerson
- Posts: 43048
- Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
- Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
- Contact:
Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21
This is the T73 in the Rtishchevo area right now and you can see where an elephant of a unit has forced it's way through my lines in a weak spot and has made an ass of himself in my backfield. I'll need to find some way to contain this infection. I'm running out of infantry units and find that I'm forced to use engineer units and other of my weaker units.
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ
- larryfulkerson
- Posts: 43048
- Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
- Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
- Contact:
Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21
It's now T74 and those RR engineers I was sending north finally arrived and ready to begin repairing all that rail leading to the front. I really need that fixed ASAP because it's holding me back at the front. I've got a lot of units that are too tired to be combat ready. And I fear that I'm going to be pushed back in this area. I really need more boots on the ground to hold more effectively.
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ
Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21 (D21)
Just had to say, its been great reading this 9-year-AAR!
Those soviet units seem battered to no end. Curious to see how Stalingrad area will be solved.
Thank you.
Those soviet units seem battered to no end. Curious to see how Stalingrad area will be solved.
Thank you.
- larryfulkerson
- Posts: 43048
- Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
- Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
- Contact:
Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21 (D21)
I appreciate your post. I'm glad you seem to get some value from my efforts. I just have to say your post was great news. Somebody is reading this thing. I need to reward you. I offer this image as my reply. But I need to address your Stalingrad reference before I go too much further. I also wonder how I'm going to deal with the Soviets. They keep moving across the river to attack my units. I've been fending them off with my tired units. Most of the Soviet units I see have some kind of damage. I'm seeing evidence that the PO is pushing his units too hard. I see frequently seeing Soviet units evaporate during attacks, mostly when they attack into the face of my arty. I'd like to keep doing that.Mkha2023 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 6:38 pm Just had to say, its been great reading this 9-year-AAR!
Those soviet units seem battered to no end. Curious to see how Stalingrad area will be solved.
Thank you.
It's like the Soviets are doing it wrong. I appreciate your post and I'd like to encourage more of the same. Thank you.
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ
- larryfulkerson
- Posts: 43048
- Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
- Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
- Contact:
Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21 (D21)
This is the T74 view of Stalingrad right now. I've figured out that I need to starve off the Soviet defenders to rid myself of this Soviet infection. They will soon find that staying put will soon give them a situation that tastes worse than the food on United.
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ
- larryfulkerson
- Posts: 43048
- Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
- Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
- Contact:
Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21 (D21)
This is the T74 view of the Rtishchevo area right now. This is south of Moscow and shows me trying to catch up with a Soviet division that broke through my lines in a weak spot and was making an ass of himself in my backfield. Most of the units that are trying to corral him are weak and tired and vulnerable to further damage from this Soviet unit. I'm hoping he's run out of steam and can't move or fire. Plus I'm bringing in all the available arty to help out. I need to nip this in the bud.
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ
- larryfulkerson
- Posts: 43048
- Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
- Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
- Contact:
Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21 (D21)
This is the T75 view of the Moscow area right now. It's just before the first combat phase and I'm going to make my main assault on Moscow this turn. I have an AR of 80% and I don't expect very much from this attack but I need to whittle the defenders down for further attacks. I'm crossing my fingers and toes.
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ
- larryfulkerson
- Posts: 43048
- Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
- Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
- Contact:
Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21 (D21)
My Moscow attack worked. I hope somebody has MP's left to grab the hex.
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ
- larryfulkerson
- Posts: 43048
- Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
- Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
- Contact:
Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21
This is early T76 before I have moved anybody. I finally gained Moscow after a lot of losses. The war's not over yet however, and there's a lot still to do to win this thing. But I feel like the hardest part is over with.
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ
- larryfulkerson
- Posts: 43048
- Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
- Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
- Contact:
Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21 (D21)
This is somewhere in Russia and I've surrounded a stack of Soviet units and a good start on another surround just to the south. I have it on very good authority that most of these Soviet units are tired or low on supply or both and are ripe for a push over. I'll give it my best shot.
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ