Ground combat

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chris21wen
Posts: 7898
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Cottesmore, Rutland

Re: Ground combat

Post by Chris21wen »

BBfanboy wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:22 pm Re: the Prep factor - IIRC Alfred said it applies only to landing on a beach and when defending - not when attacking.

......
Never heard of that before but it sounds wrong. Everything I read, seen or done implies prep helps in in attack and these tests have shown the same. It's entirely possible that was the case.

Can't comment on the other stuff, as Pax said, it complex.

All I started out to do was try and find out why a leader mod was applied twice, but that failed.

On this I've since added HQ into the mix and I've yet to see anything that indicates an HQ bonus has been applied. Top 12 are only Japan HQ, third both while the forth is an original test with no HQ.
Attachments
Ground combat 2.pdf
(77.03 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19760
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

Re: Ground combat

Post by RangerJoe »

Maybe I should point out that understanding some things like ground combat is like trying to understand a certain genders way of thinking? :?
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”