Quick Questions Thread

A complete overhaul and re-development of Gary Grigsby's War in the East, with a focus on improvements to historical accuracy, realism, user interface and AI.

Moderator: Joel Billings

User avatar
thek3mu
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2025 5:53 am
Contact:

Re: Quick Questions Thread

Post by thek3mu »

TheeWarLord wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 4:01 pm Greetings, what’s the quickest and surest way to find killed enemy generals? I was referred to the commanders report but that just indicates your side of killed personnel.
here's a post from back in the day ...
loki100 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:16 am
ORIGINAL: Tom_

Hi Folks,

During my turn 2 popup messages flashed - the first was the death of an enemy general and the second something to do with the civilians in Stalingrad. I didn't have time to fully read them before they disappeared..
I understand I can use the commanders report to see the status of my generals i.e. look at their 'fate'. - Is it possible to see which enemy general I killed?
Second - is it possible to find out what the message said about Stalingrad?
( I have checked the event log (Ctrl E) and the Commanders Screen (C))

Thanks

no the enemy dead general notification is a brief pop up and can't be recalled, same with the civilians. All that will be is that x,000s were moved, so think of it as a sort of refugee event (it happens when any urban centre changes hands and reduces the population at that location).

if its an AI game, you can always open its saves and look at its CR for leader losses

source:
https://forums.matrixgames.com/viewtopi ... 3#p4860033
So muss man erst mal machen können.
-- complicated moves fanboy
User avatar
TheeWarLord
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: Quick Questions Thread

Post by TheeWarLord »

Thanks for the prompt reply to my inquiry. That’s a pity. I would like to purposely pound enemy HQ’s with my air power and tally up generals killed. It’s macabre in me. ;)
User avatar
TheeWarLord
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: Quick Questions Thread

Post by TheeWarLord »

Greetings,
Quick question? Is it recommended to place some of your air units at rest after the air phase has been completed. Then reactivate after the logistics phase before air planning? Does this save supplies, this on and off tactic? Or are the results negligible? How much improvement would this be for morale? Inquiring minds would like to know.
User avatar
thek3mu
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2025 5:53 am
Contact:

Re: Quick Questions Thread

Post by thek3mu »

hey sry, i can't answer your question but this relates somewhat ... (while we wait for someone more knowledgeable)
see 18.3.4. Morale loss and recovery, the manual wrote: [...]
In the air execution phase, air group units can recover morale during each air maintenance segment if they did not fly a mission during that day. Air Group units set to the rest mission will recover morale at double the normal rate.
[...]
cheers! :)
Last edited by thek3mu on Thu Oct 01, 2026 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
So muss man erst mal machen können.
-- complicated moves fanboy
User avatar
TheeWarLord
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: Quick Questions Thread

Post by TheeWarLord »

Thank you for your answer, I believe you answered my inquiry, in that benefits apply if you DID NOT fly a mission. I’ll dig more and post if applicable.
User avatar
juv95hrn
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:58 pm

Re: Quick Questions Thread

Post by juv95hrn »

Soviet starting Corps HQs – which ones convert to Army HQs?

In a new Soviet campaign, I want to know which of the at-start Soviet Rifle/Mechanized Corps HQs will eventually convert into permanent Army HQs, and which will simply disband (Turn 4 or mostly turn 24).

Is there a way to see this in-game, e.g. in the Commander’s Report/Reinforcement screen, or is it determined by the scenario data?
Is there a list of the specific Corps HQs that convert to Army HQs, and their approximate conversion dates? Or is this random?
When a Corps HQ converts to an Army HQ, does it always retain its current commander, or can the commander change?

I'm trying to decide which Corps HQ commanders are worth spending AP on early in the campaign, versus which HQs I should leave with their starting commander and potentially let disband.

Thanks.
"Yes, I am the henchman of the Devil but my services are primarily ceremonial..."
User avatar
Wiedrock
Posts: 2182
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:44 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Quick Questions Thread

Post by Wiedrock »

juv95hrn wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 3:19 pm Soviet starting Corps HQs – which ones convert to Army HQs?

In a new Soviet campaign, I want to know which of the at-start Soviet Rifle/Mechanized Corps HQs will eventually convert into permanent Army HQs, and which will simply disband (Turn 4 or mostly turn 24).

Is there a way to see this in-game, e.g. in the Commander’s Report/Reinforcement screen, or is it determined by the scenario data?
Is there a list of the specific Corps HQs that convert to Army HQs, and their approximate conversion dates? Or is this random?
When a Corps HQ converts to an Army HQ, does it always retain its current commander, or can the commander change?

I'm trying to decide which Corps HQ commanders are worth spending AP on early in the campaign, versus which HQs I should leave with their starting commander and potentially let disband.

Thanks.
see here
Post Reply

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2”