Ground unit experience

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Post Reply
Chris21wen
Posts: 7910
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Cottesmore, Rutland

Ground unit experience

Post by Chris21wen »

I thought I'd ask this before but I can find it.

What is the raw level of training given to ground devices, say a replacement inf squad. I know what you can train them up to, through prep and I know what a pilot's is but can find nothing on this?

Apologise in advance if I've missed something obvious.
User avatar
Yaab
Posts: 5617
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:09 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Ground unit experience

Post by Yaab »

I have noticed that LCUs that drop under 30 morale move at rates slower than stated in the manual i.e. instead of covering 30 miles on Main Road, units would walk 23-28 miles. I have also noticed that 35 exp Chinese units drop exp a bit after taking replacements.
https://forums.matrixgames.com/viewtopi ... 4#p4626524

Thus, I guess replacemnts arrive at 30 exp/30 morale. However, Chinese respawned units arrive at 40 exp/40 morale, so there is that.
User avatar
BBfanboy
Posts: 20772
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: Ground unit experience

Post by BBfanboy »

Experience, skill and morale levels varies by nation and game conditions (supply availability, percentage of TOE filled, etc.)
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”