Inconsistencies / Unstimmigkeiten

Post Reply
Packo
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:02 pm
Location: Kalkutta an der Spree

Inconsistencies / Unstimmigkeiten

Post by Packo »

Hi,
I’m currently playing a multiplayer game as the Allies against a player I don’t know at all. It’s the '39 campaign (vanilla). Something here strikes me as odd.
1. The enemy attacks me in France/Belgium/the Netherlands around April 15, 1940. He had previously defeated Poland in just two turns.
That is obviously very early. Honestly, I’ve never managed that myself; I’ve always lacked the MPPs to transport troops from Poland to the Western Front.
Now I see that by early May, he already has over four Panzer divisions (Pz. 3/G). ( all 4 )
How is that possible? Is it normal? Did he perhaps not invest in any research? Surely that shouldn't be feasible.
By April 15, 1940, he’s fully mobilized right on the French border with four Panzer divisions and infantry—some even at strength 11, but all at least at strength 10.
2. It’s been nothing but dry weather since April 15, 1940. I don’t recall that happening before; usually, I only see that kind of weather starting in early May 1940.
Please enlighten me on this.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hallo,
ich spiele gerade ein MP Spiel als Alli gegen einen mir völlig unbekannten Spieler.
Kampagne 39 Vanille.
Mich macht hier etwas stutzig.
1. Feind greift mich in Frankreich/ Belgien/ Niederlande ca. 15.April 1940 an. Polen hat er vorher in zwei Runden geschlagen
Das ist natürlich sehr früh. Ich habe das ehrlich noch nie geschafft. Für einen Transport der Truppen von Polen an die Westfront haben mir immer die MPPs dafür gefehlt.
Jetzt sehe ich das er Anfang Mai sogar schon über 4 Panzerdivisionen verfügt. ( PZ. 3 /G ) ( alle 4 )
Wie geht das ? Ist das normal ? Hat er vielleicht in keine Forschung investiert ? Das kann doch normal gar nicht gehen. Er steht am 15. 04. 1940 voll aufgerüstet beim Franzosen vor der Tür mit 4 Panzerdivisionen und Infanterie teilweise sogar mit 1.1. Auf Eins aber alle.
2. Ab 15. April 40 nur trockenes Wetter. Kann ich mich auch nicht dran erinnern . Normal kenne ich das nur ab Anfang Mai 1940.
Erleuchtet mich mal bitte hier
User avatar
BillRunacre
Posts: 6918
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Inconsistencies / Unstimmigkeiten

Post by BillRunacre »

Some people invade even earlier than that, it can certainly be done.

I think most of this is technically possible, including buying a Tank unit very early on.

The only thing I am unsure of, is how any units could have gained sufficient combat experience in this time to be able to increase to strength 11. Poland would have given them some experience, but not that much.

I assume you are playing the official 1939 World at War campaign and not a mod?
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
petedalby
Posts: 593
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:22 pm

Re: Inconsistencies / Unstimmigkeiten

Post by petedalby »

Many experienced players can defeat Poland on T1.

Lux goes on T2 & Belgium can be gone on T3.

The earliest I've defeated France is February 1940 but my opponent defended very poorly.

Buying a 4th tank unit is certainly achievable by April 1940.
Umeu
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:58 am

Re: Inconsistencies / Unstimmigkeiten

Post by Umeu »

BillRunacre wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 8:00 am Some people invade even earlier than that, it can certainly be done.

I think most of this is technically possible, including buying a Tank unit very early on.

The only thing I am unsure of, is how any units could have gained sufficient combat experience in this time to be able to increase to strength 11. Poland would have given them some experience, but not that much.

I assume you are playing the official 1939 World at War campaign and not a mod?
If he is lined up on the French border in April, there is a fair chance he already invade Netherlands and Belgium, maybe even Denmark. This might have been sufficient to gain the extra pip if the tank unit didn’t take or barely took any losses earlier
Umeu
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:58 am

Re: Inconsistencies / Unstimmigkeiten

Post by Umeu »

BillRunacre wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 8:00 am Some people invade even earlier than that, it can certainly be done.

I think most of this is technically possible, including buying a Tank unit very early on.

The only thing I am unsure of, is how any units could have gained sufficient combat experience in this time to be able to increase to strength 11. Poland would have given them some experience, but not that much.

I assume you are playing the official 1939 World at War campaign and not a mod?
If he is lined up on the French border in April, there is a fair chance he already invaded Netherlands and Belgium, maybe even Denmark. This might have been sufficient to gain the extra pip if the tank unit didn’t take or barely took any losses earlier
Packo wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:25 pm Hi,
I’m currently playing a multiplayer game as the Allies against a player I don’t know at all. It’s the '39 campaign (vanilla). Something here strikes me as odd.
1. The enemy attacks me in France/Belgium/the Netherlands around April 15, 1940. He had previously defeated Poland in just two turns.
That is obviously very early. Honestly, I’ve never managed that myself; I’ve always lacked the MPPs to transport troops from Poland to the Western Front.
Now I see that by early May, he already has over four Panzer divisions (Pz. 3/G). ( all 4 )
How is that possible? Is it normal? Did he perhaps not invest in any research? Surely that shouldn't be feasible.
By April 15, 1940, he’s fully mobilized right on the French border with four Panzer divisions and infantry—some even at strength 11, but all at least at strength 10.
2. It’s been nothing but dry weather since April 15, 1940. I don’t recall that happening before; usually, I only see that kind of weather starting in early May 1940.
Please enlighten me on this.
Attacking France in April in multiplayer is considered by many to be hopelessly late. Many of the best players attack sometime in 1939. Usually on the 3rd or 4th Axis turn Belgium is invaded, meaning that they are in France the turn after.

As for weather, you maybe had bad luck. April can go either way. Sometimes I think it can even still snow?
Packo
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:02 pm
Location: Kalkutta an der Spree

Re: Inconsistencies / Unstimmigkeiten

Post by Packo »

Thanks to everyone for your help!
I’ve actually been playing SC since the very first installment, though I’ve only played a few multiplayer matches.
The few opponents I faced were probably just too weak.
It was high time for a decent challenge to come along.
That guy really caught me off guard again, by the way. Thanks to a stupid blunder, I lost my British army in France. Operation Sea Lion therefore came as no surprise.
But I never would have expected 3 (!) paratrooper units.
Unfortunately, that doesn't do the game any favors!
I’m curious to see when he’ll come knocking on Russia’s door.
We’re currently in February '41.
Your experiences are alarming, but they show me that everything is actually within normal limits.
Since the match is exciting and he’s putting up a good fight, I’m going to offer him another round regardless of the outcome.
But only with a few house rules!!!
----------------------------------------------------------
The only thing I am unsure of, is how any units could have gained sufficient combat experience in this time to be able to increase to strength 11.

Bill, sorry—I meant quality when I said "1.1".
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Danke an alle für eure Hilfe !
Ich spiele SC zwar schon seit dem allerersten Teil. Allerdings nur wenig Mehrspieler Partien.
Wahrscheinlich waren die wenigen Gegner auch nur zu schwach.
Wurde mal Zeit das was vernünftiges kommt
Der Typ hat mich übrigens noch einmal schwer überrascht. Durch einen Saudummen Zug hatte ich meine englische Armee in Frankreich verloren. Unternehmen Seelöwe war somit keine Überraschung.
Aber mit 3 (!) Fallschirmjägern hätte ich niemals gerechnet.
Das tut dem Spiel leider nicht gut !
Bin mal gespannt wann er beim Russen anklopft.
Wir sind jetzt im Februar 41.
Eure Erfahrungen sind zwar erschreckend, zeigen mir aber das alles im grünen Bereich ist.
Da die Partie spannend ist und er gut liefert werde ich ihm eine weitere Runde unabhängig vom Ergebnis anbieten.
Aber nur mit einigen Hausregeln !!!
----------------------------------------------------------
The only thing I am unsure of, is how any units could have gained sufficient combat experience in this time to be able to increase to strength 11.

Bill Sorry, Qualität war gemeint mit 1.1
Post Reply

Return to “War Room”