WitPTracker AE News

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chris21wen
Posts: 7905
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Cottesmore, Rutland

Re: WitPTracker AE News

Post by Chris21wen »

I know you got it to work.

Tracker always loads the same save slot. Which slot is set in the properties:
Screenshot 2026-07-25 073726.png
Screenshot 2026-07-25 073726.png (13.66 KiB) Viewed 749 times
User avatar
Gilmer
Posts: 1523
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:01 pm
Contact:

Re: WitPTracker AE News

Post by Gilmer »

Yes sir, I have seen that. I played around with that before I got it to work as well.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
ADB_Iceman
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:07 pm

Re: WitPTracker AE News

Post by ADB_Iceman »

floydg wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2026 5:23 pm Unfortunately, you need to use 32-bit Java (not the typical 64-bit Java).

The re-work will still need a 32-bit process, but I am building it in so you won't need to do anything special.

Floyd
Any news on progress toward the revised WITP Tracker?
AKA "Crackaces"
User avatar
Sardaukar
Posts: 12857
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Finland/Israel

Re: WitPTracker AE News

Post by Sardaukar »

ADB_Iceman wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2026 1:13 pm
Any news on progress toward the revised WITP Tracker?
On this one:

https://forums.matrixgames.com/viewtopi ... 0&start=60
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Image
gris
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:23 pm
Contact:

Re: WitPTracker AE News

Post by gris »

Hi everyone, has anyone encountered this problem before?
I've tried a lot of things; most recently, I renamed all the "archive" files and re-imported them after clearing out the database files.
That worked well, but the issue keeps coming back every time I try to write a turn—I get this error message.
I'm using Java 1.8.0.202.
Image
caine
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2002 12:27 pm
Location: Barcelona (Spain)

Re: WitPTracker AE News

Post by caine »

gris wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2026 5:35 pm Hi everyone, has anyone encountered this problem before?
I've tried a lot of things; most recently, I renamed all the "archive" files and re-imported them after clearing out the database files.
That worked well, but the issue keeps coming back every time I try to write a turn—I get this error message.
I'm using Java 1.8.0.202.
Image
Hi, a somewhat similar error appears when too many turns are loaded. The solution is to delete database, load fewer turns and then write new turn. There is a limit of turns that can be stored in database. I have to delete and load database regularly. Sometimes, closing all other applications helps to release available memory, but it will not avoid the problem. Sooner or later, limit will be reached.
User avatar
btd64
Posts: 15208
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:48 am
Location: Lancaster, OHIO

Re: WitPTracker AE News

Post by btd64 »

caine wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2026 6:33 pm
gris wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2026 5:35 pm Hi everyone, has anyone encountered this problem before?
I've tried a lot of things; most recently, I renamed all the "archive" files and re-imported them after clearing out the database files.
That worked well, but the issue keeps coming back every time I try to write a turn—I get this error message.
I'm using Java 1.8.0.202.
Image
Hi, a somewhat similar error appears when too many turns are loaded. The solution is to delete database, load fewer turns and then write new turn. There is a limit of turns that can be stored in database. I have to delete and load database regularly. Sometimes, closing all other applications helps to release available memory, but it will not avoid the problem. Sooner or later, limit will be reached.
Just to be sure, You want to delete the db files, All of them....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”