Turkey after SU surrender

Strategic Command WWII World at War Tech Support
Post Reply
Duedman
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:36 pm

Turkey after SU surrender

Post by Duedman »

Hello :)

I recently had a match where the Soviet Union went down. I tried to deny a total victory so fought it out as Allies.
Then Axis attacked Turkey and instead of joining the Allies who were still alive and kicking the Turks became undead Russians.

So I could not rail in US/GB troops from Syria which might have slowed the Axis in the mountains.
Is there anything that can be done about this?
SittingDuck
Posts: 1209
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2002 9:08 pm

Re: Turkey after SU surrender

Post by SittingDuck »

If you go into the editor, I think you'll find USSR set as their 'parent' nation. Set UK as that and it won't happen again.
Duedman
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:36 pm

Re: Turkey after SU surrender

Post by Duedman »

maybe it was not clear but I'm referring to multiplayer

If it is that easy, maybe the Devs can auto-switch when SU surrenders
User avatar
BillRunacre
Posts: 6918
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Turkey after SU surrender

Post by BillRunacre »

We cannot change the Major that a Minor belongs to during a game.

A while back we had Turkey as a Minor to the UK, but that caused lots of problems when Turkey joined the Allies and Soviet forces wanted to move in, and as Soviet forces are more likely to operate in Turkey than British or US ones, we responded to the feedback and made Turkey a Minor to the USSR.

The supply situation is unfortunate in this instance, but it is I'm afraid an either/or situation.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
Duedman
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:36 pm

Re: Turkey after SU surrender

Post by Duedman »

Yes, if a choice has to be made, Turkey is better as a SU Minor.
Thanks!
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”