Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21 (D21)

After Action Reports
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43090
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21

Post by larryfulkerson »

T85: Nothing much is happening anywhere because of the mud season. A lot of my units are too far forward to be supplied so I'm retreating from those kinds of places. Mostly out in the desert.
temp.png
temp.png (9.58 MiB) Viewed 442 times
Last edited by larryfulkerson on Sun Oct 04, 2026 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43090
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21

Post by larryfulkerson »

T89: Nothing much happened anywhere because of the mud season and the low supply situation. A lot of my units were too far forward to be supplied so I'm retiring from those kinds of places. Not too much happened in the north pretty much. Further south I see a hex that has nothing but my units in reorg in it. D'oh. I've got some of my smaller units making those front two hexes and except for those two divisions that are in reorg there's not much to attack with. I hesitate to attack a hex with less that at least as many as the defender. Which is to say, I'd rather attack a single hex with at least two hexes worth of attackers and I don't have that here so policy says to wait until next turn. The rest of the insets are just to give you an idea about various places. Sounds like I need to go into detail on some of those places.
temp.png
temp.png (9.1 MiB) Viewed 426 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43090
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21 (D21)

Post by larryfulkerson »

In some areas the flow of supply has not quite reached all the way to the front lines. The upper inset is such an area. It's 100% mud and it's not just movement that is hampered it's also supply. The supply level is 0% at the front here and I've not been moving them nor attacking with them. Now I've got a division that is having a hard time and needs to be rotated out. I'm having to rotate units in and out of the front lines when they reach the point when they are no longer combat ready.
temp.png
temp.png (3.08 MiB) Viewed 408 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43090
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21 (D21)

Post by larryfulkerson »

This is that place in the front lines where supply is just starting to trickle in to about 6 or 7 or so. I'm fighting for the river crossings in this image. I've captured the one in the south but the northern one is still in negotiations.
temp.png
temp.png (2.26 MiB) Viewed 400 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43090
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21 (D21)

Post by larryfulkerson »

It's now T90 and this is a view of the progress I'm making along the southern coastal road. In the inset there's a view of the battle going on for the rail line going through here.
temp.png
temp.png (2.17 MiB) Viewed 371 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43090
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21 (D21)

Post by larryfulkerson »

I got across the river finally and moved a unit and found enough room to make a footprint on the east side. My guys are tired and worn out but I need to at least move something to protect my arty unit who found the enemy unit.
temp.png
temp.png (2.38 MiB) Viewed 367 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43090
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21 (D21)

Post by larryfulkerson »

I need to move my river boat to a safer place. The other inset is what's going on in the middle. I see a lot of gaps in the Soviet screen and all I need is the MP's to take advantage of it.
temp.png
temp.png (2.96 MiB) Viewed 367 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43090
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21 (D21)

Post by larryfulkerson »

This is the T90 view of the front lines in the Penza area right now. I see a huge gap and I'm going to take advantage of it.
temp.png
temp.png (4.56 MiB) Viewed 332 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43090
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21 (D21)

Post by larryfulkerson »

This is the T90 view of the Baskunchak area right now. I'm just about to gain the use of the rails but there's a little negotiation to conduct yet. Axis units don't go very far across the desert unless you are embarked on the train. So I need it.
temp.png
temp.png (1.95 MiB) Viewed 308 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43090
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21 (D21)

Post by larryfulkerson »

This is the T91 view of the front lines. I'm making a lot of progress in the middle only because of the lack of Soviet units. I assume I'll run into more as I advance into the interior of Russia. The Romanians are moving quickly down the southwesternmost coastal road trapping Soviet units and capturing the cities and repairing the rail. I'm optimistic.
temp.png
temp.png (8.46 MiB) Viewed 265 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43090
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21

Post by larryfulkerson »

This is a view of the middle where I am planning on capturing a lot of real estate. The problem is all the mud every where you look. So much mud that it's almost impossible to make any headway across the map without the help of a road or rail. This is still early in the turn.
temp.png
temp.png (2.67 MiB) Viewed 264 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43090
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's the T93 front lines before anybody has moved.
temp.png
temp.png (7.24 MiB) Viewed 172 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43090
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21 (D21)

Post by larryfulkerson »

This is a T93 view of the Balakovo area right now. I've captured an intact bridge over the river and just now repaired the rail to just past the bridge. We're making progress in this area.
temp.png
temp.png (2.18 MiB) Viewed 138 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43090
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21 (D21)

Post by larryfulkerson »

This is a T93 view of the Baskunchak area right now. I'm just about to capture an important rail junction and use that as my jump off point leading to the southeast and northeast both. My advance can't advance without it. That little Soviet calvary unit in the hex by himself is so badly wounded that I'm pretty sure attacking with my engineers might make him evaporate.
temp.png
temp.png (1.72 MiB) Viewed 126 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43090
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21

Post by larryfulkerson »

This is a T94 view of the Kostroma area right now. I used a tired engineer unit to tip toe through the Soviet lines using a handy river and lodged him across an escape path for the Soviet units holding up the crossing at Kineshma. I would divide the engineer unit so that I would have enough boots on the ground to deny the Soviets a retreat path eintirely but I didn't have enough MP's remaining, so it was inadvisable. My aim was to accelerate my advance in this area. I donno, I thought it might help.
temp.png
temp.png (2.67 MiB) Viewed 90 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43090
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21 (D21)

Post by larryfulkerson »

This is a view of the Murom area right now. My aim is to capture the crossings of this river and trap the Soviets on the wrong side of an impassable river. Supply levels are not especially excellent in this area.
temp.png
temp.png (2.63 MiB) Viewed 87 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43090
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21

Post by larryfulkerson »

This is a view of the Zubova Polyana area right now. I used the 413th Pionier unit to infiltrate into the Soviet rear area and actually captured an intact bridge over some river. Not that it's all that important because you can simply walk over it and only gets deeper further west. Note that the rail is repaired all the way up to the front line. This kind of advance wouldn't be possible without a good supply source. I'm thinking of using my bombers to drop the bridges in the Soviet backfield at the appropriate spots. Wherever it will hurt the Soviets the most.
temp.png
temp.png (2.67 MiB) Viewed 79 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43090
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

Re: Workshop for the new guys - Directive 21

Post by larryfulkerson »

This is a view of the Baksan area right now. I've just completed the surround on a small stack of Soviet units and my guys are so tired and worn out that I'm going to let him stew for a turn or two so my guys can rest and the Soviet unit can be bombarded to drain it of it's supply. Further to the west you can see an attack scheduled involving my pitiful MP units. They are coming in handy for completing a surround and almost nothing else.
temp.png
temp.png (1.94 MiB) Viewed 73 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”