How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
mogami
Posts: 11053
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: You can't get here from there

Mood Music

Post by mogami »

Hi, For people playing Japan in 1945 I recommend Tchaikovsky, Symphony No. 6 "Pathétique"
Image




I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
Cpl Agarn
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:19 pm
Location: Crystal Lake Illinois

RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!

Post by Cpl Agarn »

Godzilla
ORIGINAL: mdiehl

That one was not the one I had in mind but appropriate just the same. Also "Don't Fear the Reaper." Again, not what I had in mind. Hint:

"History shows again and again how nature makes plain the folly of men."
User avatar
mogami
Posts: 11053
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: You can't get here from there

Godzilla

Post by mogami »

Dancing bacause WITP is beta.

Image
Attachments
monster-zero-ani-2.gif
monster-zero-ani-2.gif (63.08 KiB) Viewed 321 times
Image




I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
User avatar
Rendova
Posts: 405
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:12 am
Location: Atlanta

RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!

Post by Rendova »

ORIGINAL: mdiehl

Blue Oyster Cult required. You all know which one.

Actually, I like a good soundtrack for a game. I always enjoyed the brief snippets of "traditional" (I do not know that it was indeed traditional) Japanese sounding music that came with Pacific General. The Allied soundtrack stank and became annoying, but I could have listened to the Japanese soundtrack throughout the game.


Don't Fear the Reaper..... hmm that an interesting one to put on before launching Kamikazi strikes! [:D] GREAT SONG!!! BTW
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!

Post by Mr.Frag »

You know the game is almost there when people start talking about the sound tracks instead of the features ...
User avatar
barbarrossa
Posts: 358
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:16 am
Location: Shangri-La

RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!

Post by barbarrossa »

ORIGINAL: mdiehl

Blue Oyster Cult required. You all know which one.

Actually, I like a good soundtrack for a game. I always enjoyed the brief snippets of "traditional" (I do not know that it was indeed traditional) Japanese sounding music that came with Pacific General. The Allied soundtrack stank and became annoying, but I could have listened to the Japanese soundtrack throughout the game.

Like do you mean the first song you hear in "the Stand", man?[:D]

Never got to play "Pacific General"....never out on the playStation, "Pz Gen"..........well that's cool tunes[8D].
"It take a brave soldier to be a coward in the Red Army" -- Uncle Joe

"Is it you or I that commands 9th Army, My Fuhrer?" -- Model
User avatar
mogami
Posts: 11053
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: You can't get here from there

RE: How about more traditional imperial music for the japanese side?!?!

Post by mogami »

Hi, For the Final Screen play "Turn out the lights the parties over"
Image




I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
User avatar
barbarrossa
Posts: 358
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:16 am
Location: Shangri-La

RE: Mood Music

Post by barbarrossa »

Perhaps a suggestion?

"Black" Pearl Jam.
ORIGINAL: Mogami

Hi, For people playing Japan in 1945 I recommend Tchaikovsky, Symphony No. 6 "Pathétique"

Hey dude, I know that song![:'(]
"It take a brave soldier to be a coward in the Red Army" -- Uncle Joe

"Is it you or I that commands 9th Army, My Fuhrer?" -- Model
User avatar
ColFrost
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:49 am
Location: South St Paul, MN

RE: Mood Music

Post by ColFrost »

Actually, when my carriers sink, I always pop Barber's "Adagio For Strings" into the CD player.

That's that music at the end of "Platoon".
...the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding go out and meet it.

-Thucydides
User avatar
LargeSlowTarget
Posts: 5085
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Hessen, Germany - now living in France

RE: Mood Music

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

When things went wrong in a CV battle for my side, I prefer the Doors...

"this is the end
beautiful friend
this is the end
my only friend, the end
of our elaborate plans, the end
of everything that stands, the end
no safety or surprise, the end..."
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”