Here is a Macedonian helmet circa 300 BC:

Moderator: maddog986

ORIGINAL: riverbravo
I saw it last night.
Yes they did change a few things but,as I am a historical nut as well,but I REALLY was suprised and liked it.
I want the DVD!!
I really enjoyed the sword play and looking at the costumes.
The horse at the end looked neat as well.
Brad Pitt played a good role.
Like all good movies it grabs you from the start with a battle scene,,,Wow that was a big dude Achilles wiped out.
Im glad I saw this movie on the big screen.
ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck
I thought it was one of the worst movies released in the the last 12 months. Muchos hyphe, was bored like hell .[:(]

ORIGINAL: Von Rom
ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck
I thought it was one of the worst movies released in the the last 12 months. Muchos hyphe, was bored like hell .[:(]
Goes to show how subjective some things scan be, such as food, books, etc. . . [:D]
ORIGINAL: tiredoftryingnames
I have a question for the guys that have seen it. I have been interested in teh movie since i saw the previews. But someone told me that there was a bunch of flipping around while swordfighting that seemed more for the matrix than ancient combat? is there any of that?
ORIGINAL: Belisarius
An Alexander the Great movie?
That should prove interesting. If there's anyone who would have appeared semi-godlike to his contemporaries, it would be Alexander. All his conquests aside, it's the character transformation that is really interesting. From cunningly using his skills and the heritage from Phillip, uniting Hellas and then ending the Persian threat once and for all, achieving a demi-god status in the process...yikes! Hope they don't lose it in cgi-rendered mega-battles. Although the battle of Gaugamela in 331 b.c. would be nice. It'd make the siege of Gondor look like child's play. [:'(]
ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck
ORIGINAL: Von Rom
ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck
I thought it was one of the worst movies released in the the last 12 months. Muchos hyphe, was bored like hell .[:(]
Goes to show how subjective some things scan be, such as food, books, etc. . . [:D]
Definetly [;)] , it´s not that bad but I was pretty disapointed.
ORIGINAL: Von Rom
Now I'm getting in the mood to play some ancient wargames.
I hope in the near future Matrix has an ancient wargame in the plans. Perhaps a game that is flexible enough to cover all ancient warfare for Rome and earlier. A big, colourful strategic map with perhaps tactical turn-based combat. . .
ORIGINAL: tiredoftryingnames
I have a question for the guys that have seen it. I have been interested in teh movie since i saw the previews. But someone told me that there was a bunch of flipping around while swordfighting that seemed more for the matrix than ancient combat? is there any of that?
ORIGINAL: Tomus
ORIGINAL: tiredoftryingnames
I have a question for the guys that have seen it. I have been interested in teh movie since i saw the previews. But someone told me that there was a bunch of flipping around while swordfighting that seemed more for the matrix than ancient combat? is there any of that?
Actually the fighting is pretty good and feels relatively "Authentic" yes its jazzed up but thats what you would expect when hero fights hero but its grounded in reality. There is nothing that you couldn't do physically yourself.
What I missed were the serried ranks of Hopolites holding their shield wall and using their sarissa's. But I don't think that type of combat had been invented at the time of Troy,

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck
I thought it was one of the worst movies released in the the last 12 months. Muchos hyphe, was bored like hell .[:(]