An Aussie Beta Affair - Luskan V Raver!!!
Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: Singapore and Rangoon
Hey Luskan,
You realise that your idea of "casualties now to avoid more casualties later" strategy is now completely shot.
I can understand PI, but are your troops in China really so wrecked that you can't push them any further?
Other than that, I dont really understand why there is such sobbing and lamenting over Rangoon. It is not something I would call critical to the war effort since you have little or no chance of getting much father than it into Raver's back yard.
You realise that your idea of "casualties now to avoid more casualties later" strategy is now completely shot.
I can understand PI, but are your troops in China really so wrecked that you can't push them any further?
Other than that, I dont really understand why there is such sobbing and lamenting over Rangoon. It is not something I would call critical to the war effort since you have little or no chance of getting much father than it into Raver's back yard.
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
RE: Singapore and Rangoon
ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo
Hey Luskan,
You realise that your idea of "casualties now to avoid more casualties later" strategy is now completely shot.
I can understand PI, but are your troops in China really so wrecked that you can't push them any further?
Other than that, I dont really understand why there is such sobbing and lamenting over Rangoon. It is not something I would call critical to the war effort since you have little or no chance of getting much father than it into Raver's back yard.
Hey I really like this guy ![:D]

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
RE: Singapore and Rangoon
Troops in China aren't wrecked at all - Raver's the one with no significant force left on the continent! Troops in China are just needed elsewhere (and rather than running around 100000 strong, I need to split my troops up in order to better guard the front line, as well as to better supply and refit them.
Casualties included wounded and "shocked" troops, not just dead ones, so the whole casualties now instead of later works.
Especially since my industry went from pathetic to barely coping (will cope fine soon enough I hope).
Casualties included wounded and "shocked" troops, not just dead ones, so the whole casualties now instead of later works.
Especially since my industry went from pathetic to barely coping (will cope fine soon enough I hope).
With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?



- DoomedMantis
- Posts: 1357
- Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2002 4:00 pm
- Location: Sydney, Australia
RE: Singapore and Rangoon
The advantage of Rangoon is that to retake it need either troops to march through the Jungle and therefore more are needed, or amphibeous assault. Its an easily defensible spot on the map, and also provides a large base that can dominate the IO, but is outside of LRB's from Calcutta
ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo
Hey Luskan,
You realise that your idea of "casualties now to avoid more casualties later" strategy is now completely shot.
I can understand PI, but are your troops in China really so wrecked that you can't push them any further?
Other than that, I dont really understand why there is such sobbing and lamenting over Rangoon. It is not something I would call critical to the war effort since you have little or no chance of getting much father than it into Raver's back yard.
I shall make it a felony to drink small beer.
- Shakespeare
- Shakespeare
RE: Singapore and Rangoon
However the problem is of course that you can cut rangoon off from outside rangoon. However, my troops have pulled back - I cannot sustain the war in the PI (and keep my troops at 100%) and sacrifice troops at Rangoon. I MUST keep my force levels as high as possible.
In the last two turns I have had a powerful BB force pound Rangoon - the first time it cost me a DD severely damaged and a second a little bit bruised, but the second time I had blunted the CD battery significantly (I've destroyed 6 guns, and knocked out plenty more, as well as inflicting over 700 casualties on Raver's troops there).
Rangoon is just so tempted - Moulmein is 1 hex away, with my air cover, a fuel depot and supplies, and Rangoon is right there, full of allied troops, without air cover or any sort of defence against my bbs.
Raver's spotted one of my little moves north of darwin and has launched a little pointless bombing raid. however fortunately, none of my ships was damaged. Raver will guess my new objective soon enough. With fuel unloading all over the SRA, and troops unloading in a few places this AAR will be quiet for the next few days until all is in position.
In the last two turns I have had a powerful BB force pound Rangoon - the first time it cost me a DD severely damaged and a second a little bit bruised, but the second time I had blunted the CD battery significantly (I've destroyed 6 guns, and knocked out plenty more, as well as inflicting over 700 casualties on Raver's troops there).
Rangoon is just so tempted - Moulmein is 1 hex away, with my air cover, a fuel depot and supplies, and Rangoon is right there, full of allied troops, without air cover or any sort of defence against my bbs.
Raver's spotted one of my little moves north of darwin and has launched a little pointless bombing raid. however fortunately, none of my ships was damaged. Raver will guess my new objective soon enough. With fuel unloading all over the SRA, and troops unloading in a few places this AAR will be quiet for the next few days until all is in position.
With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?



RE: Singapore and Rangoon
Could you post a screen shot of the map of the SRA area with the current position on it... or will that give away too much info?... perhaps a screen shot of this area of the map from another scenario? Thanks.
RE: Singapore and Rangoon
Screenshots...... yes please[:)]
RE: Singapore and Rangoon
Ok here is the first SS showing Burma and the troops at Rangoon.....these are the guys that held off two Japanese divisions[:D]


- Attachments
-
- Burma.jpg (194.37 KiB) Viewed 304 times

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
RE: Singapore and Rangoon
....and here is the situation in the SRA, note the blockade of six subs which has todate proved next to useless[8|]


- Attachments
-
- SRA.jpg (181.8 KiB) Viewed 301 times

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
RE: Singapore and Rangoon
And here the jewel in my pacific crown Clark ! You can see the number of troops as well as the supply and also fortifications. These guys have done well against the crack troops of the IJA. I would expect that they can hold out till at least late Feb, but don't rate their chances into March. All in all it's been a good fight!


- Attachments
-
- PI.jpg (140.08 KiB) Viewed 300 times

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
RE: Singapore and Rangoon
Nice screenies there from Raver - I knew his sub force north of the PI had diminished somewhat (i thought due to my improved ASW) however I haven't sent anything through that gap between Sulawesi and Borneo and probably wont be. Soon I'll be punching some holes in Raver's fuel supplies, but as usual I'm a few turns behind where I'd like to be with that.
Hope everyone is enjoying my new sig - had an even better one but it didn't fit.
The banana will be back (he's off planning my new offensive) soon enough!
Hope everyone is enjoying my new sig - had an even better one but it didn't fit.
The banana will be back (he's off planning my new offensive) soon enough!
With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?



- DoomedMantis
- Posts: 1357
- Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2002 4:00 pm
- Location: Sydney, Australia
RE: Singapore and Rangoon
maybe you can explain your new sig to us
I shall make it a felony to drink small beer.
- Shakespeare
- Shakespeare
-
Speedysteve
- Posts: 15990
- Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2001 8:00 am
- Location: Reading, England
RE: Singapore and Rangoon
Nice Sig....
For those who don't know it's from an English 'comedy' series called 'The Office'. The chap doing the dancing is Ricky Gervais (as David Brent in The Office). In The Office he basically plays a fool who thinks he's very good and very funny.
For those who don't know it's from an English 'comedy' series called 'The Office'. The chap doing the dancing is Ricky Gervais (as David Brent in The Office). In The Office he basically plays a fool who thinks he's very good and very funny.
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
- Capt. Harlock
- Posts: 5379
- Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2001 8:00 am
- Location: Los Angeles
- Contact:
RE: Singapore and Rangoon
Hmm... No aircraft at Rangoon? Well, it looks like supplies can still be brought in to Akyab, and then transported overland into China. How far are Raver's Betties reaching into the Indian Ocean?
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?
--Victor Hugo
--Victor Hugo
-
bradfordkay
- Posts: 8686
- Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
- Location: Olympia, WA
RE: Singapore and Rangoon
SIG INT REPORT FOR 01/28/42
Radio transmissions detected at Sendai.
Radio transmissions detected at Vancouver.
8th Ind. Brigade is located at Kaigan.
Is this allied Signal's Intelligence? If so, what radio transmissions were detected at Vancouver? Is Luskan planning to invade Desolation Sound?
fair winds,
Brad
Brad
RE: Singapore and Rangoon
Raver has betties???????!!!! HOpe not . . .
With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?



RE: Singapore and Rangoon
Raver tried to send a ML into Rangoon. Thought he'd slip past a bunch of CVs, some bbs and a few CAs and lay some mines . . . uh no. Kates disabused him.
As for elsewhere is pretty quiet. Things progressing along well enough I guess, troops unloading and loading all over the joint. Moulmein is now overfull with troops.
Also no sign of Raver's snatch Suva back campaign.
As for elsewhere is pretty quiet. Things progressing along well enough I guess, troops unloading and loading all over the joint. Moulmein is now overfull with troops.
Also no sign of Raver's snatch Suva back campaign.
With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?



-
sven6345789
- Posts: 1072
- Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:45 am
- Location: Sandviken, Sweden
RE: Singapore and Rangoon
yup, found a girlfriend. at least i know now why it is dancing[:)]
Bougainville, November 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. It rained today.
Letter from a U.S. Marine,November 1943
Letter from a U.S. Marine,November 1943
RE: Singapore and Rangoon
ORIGINAL: Luskan
Raver has betties???????!!!! HOpe not . . .
(Looking at Lum next to the banana)
Luskan, are we going to have to call you Ataru nowadays?
Dave Baranyi







