New WITP website is online ...

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Ironman664
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2002 4:00 am
Location: SC

RE: New WITP website is online ...

Post by Ironman664 »

[&o][&o]
pad152
Posts: 2835
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2000 8:00 am

RE: New WITP website is online ...

Post by pad152 »

Bomb Alley was a war in the Med game using the Guadalcanal Campaign engine (Gary's first Pacfic war game) for the Apple II.

I too cast my vote for "War in the Med" a remake of Bomb Alley!
pad152
Posts: 2835
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2000 8:00 am

RE: New WITP website is online ...

Post by pad152 »

New WITP Website:

No mention of the Editor in the features list[&:] !!!!
User avatar
Von Rom
Posts: 1631
Joined: Fri May 12, 2000 8:00 am

RE: New WITP website is online ...

Post by Von Rom »

Yeah!
[&o]
User avatar
siRkid
Posts: 4177
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Orland FL

RE: New WITP website is online ...

Post by siRkid »

ORIGINAL: pad152

New WITP Website:

No mention of the Editor in the features list[&:] !!!!

Sorry I made up the list and I don't often use the editor. I'll see if I can't get that corrected.
Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

Image
User avatar
ADavidB
Posts: 2464
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

RE: New WITP website is online ...

Post by ADavidB »

Everyone had better realize, of course, that instead of getting photos with kisses on it like "Jimmy" did in the screenshot of the Save Menu, we are going to be getting photos of the "finger" from our wives/and or girlfriends... Does the "Quit" menu have a copy of divorce papers on it?

Dave Baranyi
derwho
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:57 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

RE: New WITP website is online ...

Post by derwho »

This sure made my day!
Imperial Field Service Code (senjinkun):
"Remember always the good reputation of your family and the opinion of people of your birthplace. Do not shame yourself by being taken prisoner alive; die so as to not leave behind a soiled name."
User avatar
2Stepper
Posts: 950
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2003 11:16 pm
Location: North Burbs of Omaha
Contact:

RE: New WITP website is online ...

Post by 2Stepper »

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

Hi guys,

the new WITP website is online:

http://www.warinthepacific.net

featuring a set of brandnew screenshots.


Have fun ...

This is nice to see. Means that the guys ARE talkin amongst themselves. [:)] I saw that the notation on the site for a TCP/IP interface has been removed. Means less confusion for any new blood to the game thinking they can play online. [8D] Not to mention the fact that I LOVE the screenies. This is gonna be a blast! [8D]
Image
"Send in the Infantry. Tanks cost money... the dead cost nothing..." :)
Reiryc
Posts: 1091
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 10:00 am

RE: New WITP website is online ...

Post by Reiryc »

Just noticed, when you are looking at the Allied war plane data, you get a splash screen of japanese aircraft and while you look at the japanese war plane data, you get an allied aircraft splash screen.

Isn't this backwards?

Image
Image
User avatar
Mike Wood
Posts: 1424
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Oakland, California
Contact:

RE: New WITP website is online ...

Post by Mike Wood »

Hello...

If you are the Japanese player, you get the Japanese 'splash' for all aircraft. If you are the Allied player, you get the Allied 'splash' for all aircraft.

Bye...

Michael Wood
ORIGINAL: Reiryc

Just noticed, when you are looking at the Allied war plane data, you get a splash screen of japanese aircraft and while you look at the japanese war plane data, you get an allied aircraft splash screen.

Isn't this backwards?
pad152
Posts: 2835
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2000 8:00 am

RE: New WITP website is online ...

Post by pad152 »

New Web Site:

Several of the links on the links page are broken or not working.
User avatar
dwesolick
Posts: 610
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 7:33 am
Location: Colorado

RE: New WITP website is online ...

Post by dwesolick »

ORIGINAL: pad152

New Web Site:

Several of the links on the links page are broken or not working.

Yeah. Especially the "Buy it" link. [;)]
"The Navy has a moth-eaten tradition that the captain who loses his ship is disgraced. What do they have all those ships for, if not to hurl them at the enemy?" --Douglas MacArthur
User avatar
Zakhal
Posts: 1430
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Jyväskylä, Finland

RE: New WITP website is online ...

Post by Zakhal »

Banzai!

Image

Wau! This is possibly the finest wargame ever built.
"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."- unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke
ladner
Posts: 318
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Virginia USA

RE: New WITP website is online ...

Post by ladner »

For those who might be in the know, any additional information on the Bomb Alley remake? I realize there most likely an NDA amongst other things, but I have a great deal of interest in such a game and would be grateful of any further information.
User avatar
Tomo
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:36 am
Location: JAPAN

RE: New WITP website is online ...

Post by Tomo »

Hello
I've found small mistake on the Japanese map. "KUNASHIRI JIMA" & "ETOROFO
JIMA" are not correct.
"KUNASHIRI TOU" & "ETOROFU TOU" are correct.

These islands are still occupied by Russia...
Japanese wargamer. Will post from "the other side" .
Sonny
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2002 9:51 pm

RE: New WITP website is online ...

Post by Sonny »

ORIGINAL: Kid

Not that I have any say in the matter, but I would rather see the time spent on Bomb Alley.

You got my vote on that too!

I probably played bomb alley more than I did PacWar.
Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "
User avatar
siRkid
Posts: 4177
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Orland FL

RE: New WITP website is online ...

Post by siRkid »

ORIGINAL: ladner

For those who might be in the know, any additional information on the Bomb Alley remake? I realize there most likely an NDA amongst other things, but I have a great deal of interest in such a game and would be grateful of any further information.


All I know is that Joel has expressed publicly that his wish is to do Bomb Alley next. As far as I know, there has not been any work done on it. But then again, I did not know they were working on Gary Grigsby's World at War until it showed up as a thread.
Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

Image
User avatar
Becket
Posts: 1242
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:42 pm

RE: New WITP website is online ...

Post by Becket »

ORIGINAL: Kid
ORIGINAL: ladner

For those who might be in the know, any additional information on the Bomb Alley remake? I realize there most likely an NDA amongst other things, but I have a great deal of interest in such a game and would be grateful of any further information.


All I know is that Joel has expressed publicly that his wish is to do Bomb Alley next. As far as I know, there has not been any work done on it. But then again, I did not know they were working on Gary Grigsby's World at War until it showed up as a thread.

Any similarities between the old computer Bomb Alley and the Avalanche Press wargame of the same name? Apologies if this is an obvious and/or stupid question. [:)] I missed out on the glory days of computer wargaming.

"The very word Moscow meant a lot to all of us....it meant all we had ever fought for" -Rokossovsky
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: New WITP website is online ...

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: Zakhal

Banzai!

Image

Wau! This is possibly the finest wargame ever built.

That is pretty freakin' impressive! I actually walked around behind my monitor to see if I could see Africa and Europe.

Looks like all the home-maintainence chores will be on hold for a couple of years when this thing comes out.
Image
Damien Thorn
Posts: 1107
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:20 am

RE: New WITP website is online ...

Post by Damien Thorn »

I think they should have made Japan it's own zone. Now, if you want to turn some zones over to the AI it has control of some of the factory in Japan since Japan is split into many zones. I'll be worried about giving the AI control of any zone because of that. [:(]
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”