The first WITP customer !!!!

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
Von Rom
Posts: 1631
Joined: Fri May 12, 2000 8:00 am

RE: Geeks!!!!!!

Post by Von Rom »

ORIGINAL: RevRick
ORIGINAL: dwesolick
ORIGINAL: Von Rom


Officer: (Raising the banner) "Then onward you brave, stout men!"

Image

Well, you got the stout part right.[:'(]

Where are Arthur, and Lancelot, and the coconut clappers? Do they have the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch with them?

Sir Knight: "What? WiTP is only available with Digital Download? Blast! All we have is dial-up. . ."

Image
Attachments
grail047web.jpg
grail047web.jpg (42.99 KiB) Viewed 433 times
User avatar
sprior
Posts: 8298
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:38 pm
Location: Portsmouth, UK

RE: Geeks!!!!!!

Post by sprior »

ORIGINAL: Von Rom
ORIGINAL: RevRick
ORIGINAL: dwesolick



Well, you got the stout part right.[:'(]

Where are Arthur, and Lancelot, and the coconut clappers? Do they have the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch with them?

Sir Knight: "What? WiTP is only available with Digital Download? Blast! All we have is dial-up. . ."

Image

Run Away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Image
User avatar
Luskan
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Down Under

RE: Geeks!!!!!!

Post by Luskan »

I know you guys have been salivating after the game - but for those who haven't got it just yet, take a moment aside. At the moment you can still a: sleep, b: walk past the PC at home without checking your email to see if your opponent has FINALLY sent the turn (especially when your opponent is in your time zone and you know he usually sends hi first turn at 7pm, the 2nd at 9 and the last at 11pm sort of thing every night . . .) c: carry on a conversation with a non WITP member of the public.

Xargun - happy gaming. After you and Rob (who's AAR convinced me to buy UV actually) have AARed each other to death, you should be looking up a tester for a more frightening experience.
With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?ImageImage
Xargun
Posts: 4447
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:34 pm
Location: Near Columbus, Ohio
Contact:

RE: Geeks!!!!!!

Post by Xargun »

ORIGINAL: Luskan

I know you guys have been salivating after the game - but for those who haven't got it just yet, take a moment aside. At the moment you can still a: sleep, b: walk past the PC at home without checking your email to see if your opponent has FINALLY sent the turn (especially when your opponent is in your time zone and you know he usually sends hi first turn at 7pm, the 2nd at 9 and the last at 11pm sort of thing every night . . .) c: carry on a conversation with a non WITP member of the public.

Xargun - happy gaming. After you and Rob (who's AAR convinced me to buy UV actually) have AARed each other to death, you should be looking up a tester for a more frightening experience.

I would love to play the testers - well... at least not until I have Rrob on the ropes [X(] So give a month or so then I'll be ready.

Xargun
rroberson
Posts: 2057
Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 7:53 am
Location: Arizona
Contact:

RE: Geeks!!!!!!

Post by rroberson »

a month?!?...oh its so on now [:@]
ORIGINAL: Xargun
ORIGINAL: Luskan

I know you guys have been salivating after the game - but for those who haven't got it just yet, take a moment aside. At the moment you can still a: sleep, b: walk past the PC at home without checking your email to see if your opponent has FINALLY sent the turn (especially when your opponent is in your time zone and you know he usually sends hi first turn at 7pm, the 2nd at 9 and the last at 11pm sort of thing every night . . .) c: carry on a conversation with a non WITP member of the public.

Xargun - happy gaming. After you and Rob (who's AAR convinced me to buy UV actually) have AARed each other to death, you should be looking up a tester for a more frightening experience.

I would love to play the testers - well... at least not until I have Rrob on the ropes [X(] So give a month or so then I'll be ready.

Xargun
Image
rawink
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:32 pm
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Contact:

RE: Geeks!!!!!!

Post by rawink »

CRAP!

I called a close friend of mine who works for "Another" wargame company that is in competition with Matrix.. I asked him to stop by and snag me a copy of WITP.. since he is at Origins too..

bugger wouldn't do it.. bad blood it seems.. I was like.. "Send your wife over to do it then!" and he wouldn't.

he is off my Christmas Card list..
Robert
Fly, die.. rinse and repeat
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: Geeks!!!!!!

Post by Mr.Frag »

With friends like that, let him play Japan in the 1945 scenario [:'(]
User avatar
Platoonist
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun May 11, 2003 4:53 am
Location: Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems

RE: Geeks!!!!!!

Post by Platoonist »

Hmmm. You'll notice that in the background of that picture is a sign that says 'women'.

Wonder if the first guy at that booth bought five at once. [:D]
Image
User avatar
Ron Saueracker
Posts: 10967
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece

RE: Geeks!!!!!!

Post by Ron Saueracker »

ORIGINAL: rawink

CRAP!

I called a close friend of mine who works for "Another" wargame company that is in competition with Matrix.. I asked him to stop by and snag me a copy of WITP.. since he is at Origins too..

bugger wouldn't do it.. bad blood it seems.. I was like.. "Send your wife over to do it then!" and he wouldn't.

he is off my Christmas Card list..

One would think there would be less of that crap considering the small size of the community. I have an ex-friend who is a deviant to.
Image

Image

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
User avatar
Marc von Martial
Posts: 5292
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Bonn, Germany
Contact:

RE: Geeks!!!!!!

Post by Marc von Martial »

ORIGINAL: rawink

CRAP!

I called a close friend of mine who works for "Another" wargame company that is in competition with Matrix.. I asked him to stop by and snag me a copy of WITP.. since he is at Origins too..

bugger wouldn't do it.. bad blood it seems.. I was like.. "Send your wife over to do it then!" and he wouldn't.

he is off my Christmas Card list..

Oh, we have no hard feelings, we will sell it to him gladly [:D][:'(]
rawink
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:32 pm
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Contact:

RE: Geeks!!!!!!

Post by rawink »

lol

He kept saying WITP would never finish... I enjoyed goading him a bit about it .. he works for "S******l G***s..." lol
Robert
Fly, die.. rinse and repeat
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

RE: Geeks!!!!!!

Post by Nikademus »

he must have been confusing it with Pacific Tide.....who's website is STILL up after all these years.

[:D]
User avatar
Marc von Martial
Posts: 5292
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Bonn, Germany
Contact:

RE: Geeks!!!!!!

Post by Marc von Martial »

ORIGINAL: rawink

lol

He kept saying WITP would never finish... I enjoyed goading him a bit about it ..

Well, it´s done and it´s selling good too [;)]
he works for "S******l G***s..." lol

Who would have guessed [:D][8|]
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: Geeks!!!!!!

Post by Onime No Kyo »

"S******l G***s..."

Umm...could someone give me a little hint as to what this means?
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
Ron Saueracker
Posts: 10967
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece

RE: Geeks!!!!!!

Post by Ron Saueracker »

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo
"S******l G***s..."

Umm...could someone give me a little hint as to what this means?

Shrapnel Games
Image

Image

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: Geeks!!!!!!

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Thanks Ron. No wonder I couldnt get that one. The only game of theirs I've ever even heard of is "Colliseum".

Please don't look at me that way [8|]....the first time I was UV, I thought that either Matrix or 2x3 had something to do with SSI.
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
kev_uk
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:36 am
Location: South Wales, UK
Contact:

RE: Geeks!!!!!!

Post by kev_uk »

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

he must have been confusing it with Pacific Tide.....who's website is STILL up after all these years.

[:D]

I had to look this up, this was back in '96/97? I remember looking back then and thinking 'wow', could be something....and now 7 years on we have WitP, which is just stunning compared to that idea, in terms of graphics and just about everything. Wasnt David Heath involved with that?

Heres the URL:
http://www.star-games.com/products/pages/pt/pt.html
Take a looksy at the screenies....

Two *possibly* good games died back in the late '90s, Pacific Tide and RTM. Both totally over-ambitious for their time. C'est la vie....
User avatar
Joel Billings
Posts: 33776
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Contact:

RE: Geeks!!!!!!

Post by Joel Billings »

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Please don't look at me that way [8|]....the first time I was UV, I thought that either Matrix or 2x3 had something to do with SSI.

Well seeing as I started SSI, and Gary published about 25 games through SSI (10-15% of all the games we published at SSI), and many of Matrix's first projects were improvements/mods of old SSI titles, you weren't far from the truth.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
User avatar
Arnir
Posts: 482
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:07 pm
Location: Alberta. In Texas.

RE: Geeks!!!!!!

Post by Arnir »

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings
ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Please don't look at me that way [8|]....the first time I was UV, I thought that either Matrix or 2x3 had something to do with SSI.

Well seeing as I started SSI, and Gary published about 25 games through SSI (10-15% of all the games we published at SSI), and many of Matrix's first projects were improvements/mods of old SSI titles, you weren't far from the truth.

Not to get too far off topic, but I cut my teeth on Computer Air Combat and loved most of the SSI games. Thanks for the memories.
User avatar
gunnergoz
Posts: 439
Joined: Tue May 21, 2002 4:57 am
Location: San Diego CA
Contact:

RE: Geeks!!!!!!

Post by gunnergoz »

Joel- I see you're from Encinitas. I'm down in San Diego. Any chance I could swing by and buy a copy of WITP from you anytime soon? Prettyplease? [:D]
"Things are getting better!
...Well, maybe not as good as they were yesterday, but much better than they will be tomorrow!"
-Old Russian saying
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”