Mogami ok?

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Post Reply
User avatar
Brady
Posts: 6084
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2002 12:48 pm
Location: Oregon,USA

Mogami ok?

Post by Brady »

I heard He moved, and I trust all is well, but He seams absent lately, so I thought I would ask.
Image


SCW Beta Support Team

Beta Team Member for:

WPO
PC
CF
AE
WiTE

Obi-wan Kenobi said it best: A lot of the reality we perceive depend on our point of view
User avatar
Ron Saueracker
Posts: 10967
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece

RE: Mogami ok?

Post by Ron Saueracker »

Happily fisting pizza and beer into his trap! The only good part of moving!
Image

Image

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
Tophat
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2002 5:07 am
Location: Cleveland,Ohio

RE: Mogami ok?

Post by Tophat »

I ran into him at Origins saturday,over a week ago already,he looked fine and was very helpful!
User avatar
Raverdave
Posts: 4882
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Melb. Australia

RE: Mogami ok?

Post by Raverdave »

He is still moving............the newbies whom are members of the Jap Fanboy club will be hanging out for his pearls of wisdom[:'(]
Image


Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
herbieh
Posts: 804
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2002 5:54 am
Location: Sydney Australia

RE: Mogami ok?

Post by herbieh »

Well this japanese fan boy wants to know just how long it takes to move and set up a computer, the rest, bah, just move the computer
Still recon Mog is GG and he's resting after such an outstanding effort.[:D][:D][:D][:D]
Big seas, Fast ships, life tastes better with salt
Drongo
Posts: 1391
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:03 pm
Location: Melb. Oztralia

RE: Mogami ok?

Post by Drongo »

ORIGINAL: Raverdave

He is still moving............the newbies whom are members of the Jap Fanboy club will be hanging out for his pearls of wisdom[:'(]

Whereas you hang out for a pearl necklace.
Have no fear,
drink more beer.
User avatar
Raverdave
Posts: 4882
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Melb. Australia

RE: Mogami ok?

Post by Raverdave »

ORIGINAL: Drongo
ORIGINAL: Raverdave

He is still moving............the newbies whom are members of the Jap Fanboy club will be hanging out for his pearls of wisdom[:'(]

Whereas you hang out for a pearl necklace.


Hmmmm....................I don't recall getting THAT drunk with you.
Image


Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Drongo
Posts: 1391
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:03 pm
Location: Melb. Oztralia

RE: Mogami ok?

Post by Drongo »

ORIGINAL: Raverdave
ORIGINAL: Drongo
ORIGINAL: Raverdave

He is still moving............the newbies whom are members of the Jap Fanboy club will be hanging out for his pearls of wisdom[:'(]

Whereas you hang out for a pearl necklace.


Hmmmm....................I don't recall getting THAT drunk with you.

Now my feelings are hurt.
Have no fear,
drink more beer.
User avatar
Ron Saueracker
Posts: 10967
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece

RE: Mogami ok?

Post by Ron Saueracker »

ORIGINAL: herbieh

Well this japanese fan boy wants to know just how long it takes to move and set up a computer, the rest, bah, just move the computer
Still recon Mog is GG and he's resting after such an outstanding effort.[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Still don't know why everyone insists Frag or Mog or whomever is the ghost poster for Gary Grigsby. I wonder if Gary even plays wargames... Nobody who does could be that quiet. He is probably some California yuppie who takes trots on the beach with a golden retriever and likes to watch "Providence' and eats stir frys. You know, one of those reclusive fellows with no real life. Kinda what all of us would like to have.[:)]


Incoming.........................[X(]

Personally, I'd like to kick his butt at his own game. C'mon Gary....bring it on![;)] Joel would be fun to trounce too.[;)] Someone playing Gary, Joel, Keith, Mike, David etc would be a hoot!!! What an AAR that would be. They might cheat, of course, and we'ed not know it, being programmers/developers and all.[:'(]
Image

Image

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
rawink
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:32 pm
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Contact:

RE: Mogami ok?

Post by rawink »

ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker
ORIGINAL: herbieh

Well this japanese fan boy wants to know just how long it takes to move and set up a computer, the rest, bah, just move the computer
Still recon Mog is GG and he's resting after such an outstanding effort.[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Still don't know why everyone insists Frag or Mog or whomever is the ghost poster for Gary Grigsby. I wonder if Gary even plays wargames... Nobody who does could be that quiet. He is probably some California yuppie who takes trots on the beach with a golden retriever and likes to watch "Providence' and eats stir frys. You know, one of those reclusive fellows with no real life. Kinda what all of us would like to have.[:)]


Incoming.........................[X(]

Personally, I'd like to kick his butt at his own game. C'mon Gary....bring it on![;)] Joel would be fun to trounce too.[;)] Someone playing Gary, Joel, Keith, Mike, David etc would be a hoot!!! What an AAR that would be. They might cheat, of course, and we'ed not know it, being programmers/developers and all.[:'(]

yeah.. it would suck to play Gary with him being the US.. I get the upper hand.. and here comes 4 Nimitz class carriers sporting Hornets and TOmcats! [X(]
Robert
Fly, die.. rinse and repeat
Sonny
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2002 9:51 pm

RE: Mogami ok?

Post by Sonny »

ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker
ORIGINAL: herbieh

Well this japanese fan boy wants to know just how long it takes to move and set up a computer, the rest, bah, just move the computer
Still recon Mog is GG and he's resting after such an outstanding effort.[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Still don't know why everyone insists Frag or Mog or whomever is the ghost poster for Gary Grigsby. I wonder if Gary even plays wargames... Nobody who does could be that quiet. He is probably some California yuppie who takes trots on the beach with a golden retriever and likes to watch "Providence' and eats stir frys. You know, one of those reclusive fellows with no real life. Kinda what all of us would like to have.[:)]


Incoming.........................[X(]

Personally, I'd like to kick his butt at his own game. C'mon Gary....bring it on![;)] Joel would be fun to trounce too.[;)] Someone playing Gary, Joel, Keith, Mike, David etc would be a hoot!!! What an AAR that would be. They might cheat, of course, and we'ed not know it, being programmers/developers and all.[:'(]

Kieth is a great guy. He would never cheat. [X(]
Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "
User avatar
kaleun
Posts: 5144
Joined: Tue May 28, 2002 10:57 pm
Location: Colorado

RE: Mogami ok?

Post by kaleun »

Well, it would be nice to hear from Mog. I hope he is OK and that the moving experience was painless (Since he hasn't been around, it probably wasn't)
Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu
User avatar
The Gnome
Posts: 1215
Joined: Fri May 17, 2002 2:52 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA

RE: Mogami ok?

Post by The Gnome »

Well, it would be nice to hear from Mog. I hope he is OK and that the moving experience was painless (Since he hasn't been around, it probably wasn't)

Yeah ditto that sentiment here (did I do the dreaded "me three"?) it's not the same without the AAR's his masterful handling of the IJN.
User avatar
mogami
Posts: 11053
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: You can't get here from there

RE: Mogami ok?

Post by mogami »

Hi, Well I'm at my brothers in OHio. Still a few weeks before I get my own place and my own internet connection. I had a great time at Origins.
My brother still uses AOL dail up. After 2 years of cable I can barely stand this. My machine had a wire less modem for cable use. My brothers computer was broken. (The mouse ) So I removed his modem and placed it into my machine. AOL locked up every time I tried to log on. SO I went to work fixing the mouse. First I changed the PC2 port but no luck. it was bad on the mother board so I bought a serial adapter but none of my mice were combos so that did not work. So I bought a serial mouse and got it to work.
I'm connected at 24,600bps. It's taking 48 minutes to down load 4k to fix his IE 5.5 because I can't stand the AOL browser.

I'll need a few more weeks before I can resume my UV games and begin WITP PBEM. Thanks for your concern. I've missed you too.[X(]
Image




I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
Kadota
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2003 5:06 am

RE: Mogami ok?

Post by Kadota »

Good to hear from you, glad you're ok!
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”