My first GGGGRRRHH with Witp

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

mkjhartmann
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:47 pm

RE: My first GGGGRRRHH with Witp

Post by mkjhartmann »

Bohdi,

thanks for that info. Maybe this should be made known in advance so those of us having problems have a backup.

[&o][&o]

Mike
User avatar
SlapBone
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX

RE: My first GGGGRRRHH with Witp

Post by SlapBone »

They could always slap on a little Starforce 3.0 if that would make it easier on you.

This way they could just take the information from you instead of asking for it.
Xargun
Posts: 4447
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:34 pm
Location: Near Columbus, Ohio
Contact:

RE: My first GGGGRRRHH with Witp

Post by Xargun »

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

Rob, it's safe to assume that Xargun didn't register *any* of them except his own.

Your serial number/cd set is yours now to register. Price of getting your copy early is that you don't have your serial number online to read [;)]

Not true.... I haven't even registered my own copy yet... But soon will....

I don't like the idea of having to type in the SN either, but I was complaining about CD disc copy protection and how I have ruined CDs in the past so this is the cure and I would be a major hypocrit if I complained about this too.. So I will dop whatever I need to keep my original CD safe and sound..

Xargun
User avatar
MadmanRick
Posts: 579
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:39 pm
Location: New York City, U.S.A.

RE: My first GGGGRRRHH with Witp

Post by MadmanRick »

I feel I must weigh in with my thoughts here, after reading of SO much frustration and rancor in this thread and others. Ok, here's the deal, this game is unlike ANY other you've seen or are likely to ever see again. Yes, the price was high in terms of absolute dollars, however each of us made a knowing decision to spend those $$$ (as I did). You also chose the DD option or you wouldn't even have the game today (as I also did). Now the price (in frustration) of taking advantage of modern methods of receiving software (i.e. DD), are things such as serial numbers, registering to receive patches, etc. The price of using traditional methods to purchase software (i.e. local retailer), is #1 delay in seeing the product, as it must be shipped to each location etc., #2 having to have the CD in the drive as copy protection, #3 higher overall cost, as the retail store must make a profit or the manufacturing company must make less, it's either one or the other. Sadly many of the things that frustrate users aren't truly the fault of companies like Matrix (whoa *I'm* sticking up for corporate America??? I think the earth must've shifted on its' axis or something?). I'm sure Matrix would much rather not have to worry about CD pirating, however the reality is that Pirating is a huge bane on the industry and may well prove its' undoing (hope I'm wrong here). Pirates are the reason we have to have CD's in drives, serial numbers, register to receive patches, etc. So in the end it isn't Matrix' fault that we must go through hoops, but rather some pimply-faced kid who sits in front of his computer burning copies night and day, selling them on eBay. I too, was not happy that I had to go look up my serial number, but in the end it was a momentary frustration. I am MUCH happier that Matrix has taken the time to support their product and that I was forced to be frustrated at all, in order to DL a patch! I am also happier that I was able to more or less receive this product in an almost instantaneous manner, without having to wait until it hit my local store, run down buy it, then run home and slap a chunk of plastic in the drive. I never left the comfort of my home and I was installing the game within a minute of DL'ing it!

So I guess what I'm trying to say is there are many reasons to get frustrated and even some that require being PO'd about, but so far I haven't seen any about this game (imho). I've seen Matrix jump through hoops to help users who had DL problems, I've seen nothing but dedication in supporting the game once it was out and nothing but dedicated support by many of their employees (and dedicated volunteers!) here on this board! How many other game companies can say that?
Now I shall take my soapbox and depart!

Rick
Image
"Our lives begin to end the moment we become silent about things that matter". Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
bradfordkay
Posts: 8686
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
Location: Olympia, WA

RE: My first GGGGRRRHH with Witp

Post by bradfordkay »

Personally I have no problem with the registration system. I too am a member of the Xargun cartel, but registered the game with my serial number as soon as the registration patch was created. This means that I can now use my member name and password to dl the patch from anywhere. Unfortunately for me, my office does not have a CD burner, and so I can't dl the patch at work in order to bring it home.
fair winds,
Brad
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”