Posts not containing ...

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

Posts not containing ...

Post by Mr.Frag »

your version # and whether this is a new game or a continued save game will be ignored.

Just so you know my view on the topic. You waste my time, I ignore you. I'm sure most of the other testers are in the same boat as to their frustration levels. [:-]

It's a little thing, but maybe you'll catch on that us testers don't get paid to put up with you. I have already seen some comments about xyx not working and blah blah blah that didn't meet this readability standard.
User avatar
rogueusmc
Posts: 4583
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:21 pm
Location: Texas...what country are YOU from?
Contact:

RE: Posts not containing ...

Post by rogueusmc »

Want I should bust 'em up boss?[:D]
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Image
User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 7273
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2001 8:00 am
Location: West Yellowstone, Montana

RE: Posts not containing ...

Post by Nomad »

Ok, version 1.2, new start of senario 15. But I don't have any problems. Now what do I do? [:D]
SunDevil_MatrixForum
Posts: 782
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Tempe, AZ

RE: Posts not containing ...

Post by SunDevil_MatrixForum »

[:D]
There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul.
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: Posts not containing ...

Post by Mr.Frag »

Ok, version 1.2, new start of senario 15. But I don't have any problems. Now what do I do?

You get the door prize! [8D]
User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 7273
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2001 8:00 am
Location: West Yellowstone, Montana

RE: Posts not containing ...

Post by Nomad »

Actually Mr. Frag, I took all the advice you and the others gave out. I have more than enough computer to run the game. I made sure every driver was up to date. I updated to XP. I even checked the motherboard bios and updated it. The same with my video card bios. The only problem I have had so far was the PBEM problem of losing settings. [:'(]

I want to thank you and all the other testors. [&o] Even though it seems there are a lot of problems, I suspect that some( many?) of them are from not following the suggestions about updating drivers and such. I know that you testors have put in a lot of time( unpaid? ) and effort. I only hope that most of the problems with people being able to run the game have been solved and we can get on to the fine tuning phase. [:)]
SunDevil_MatrixForum
Posts: 782
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Tempe, AZ

RE: Posts not containing ...

Post by SunDevil_MatrixForum »

Nomad,

The sad thing about that is, I bet 90% of the issues are because of what you said.




Now waiting for the other 10% to post and yell at me..... [:D]
There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul.
User avatar
pry
Posts: 938
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2002 7:19 am
Location: Overlooking Galveston Bay, Texas

RE: Posts not containing ...

Post by pry »

Nomad

You have little idea how much greif you caused me with your report about the LST's in scenario 6 in the OOB thread, When i checked on your report i found 2 little typos... Those 2 little typos caused me to have to make over 4,000 individual corrections to the scenario data bases and a day and a half of my time. The only guy who got cursed at more than you that weekend was the guy who actually made the original typo.[;)]

Needless to say if you find anything else let us know about it we also want everything right at some point we want the time to play this game too.[:D]
hithere
Posts: 432
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:52 pm
Location: Atlanta

RE: Posts not containing ...

Post by hithere »

the question i have is if people who use saved games will get support. matrix staff has multiple times stated that saved games will work, just not the features or OOB changes. Is this information now incorrect? i am seriously thinking about not restarting because none of the changes to OOB seem significant (sp). well except for the one british ship with huge AA rateings...which i think has been sunk anyway.
Quote from one of my drill sergeants, "remember, except for the extreme heat, intense radiation, and powerful blast wave, a nuclear explosion is just like any other explosion"
AlvinS
Posts: 659
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 10:00 am
Location: O'Fallon, Missouri
Contact:

RE: Posts not containing ...

Post by AlvinS »

I just downloaded the game, version 1.0, installed it and everything works great. I am currently downloading the 1.2 patch. The only problem so far is getting the drool off of my keyboard. [:D]

My thanks to all involved in producing and testing WITP. Great Job! I have been playing Uncommon Valor since it came out and have been following this forum just as long.

If I have any questions or issues, I will just do a search for posts with Mr. Frag's name and I am sure I will find an answer. [&o] You have gone above and beyond the call in supporting WITP.

Thank you
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS
User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 7273
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2001 8:00 am
Location: West Yellowstone, Montana

RE: Posts not containing ...

Post by Nomad »

Pry, I am sorry to have caused you so much work, but it needed to be done. I am sure there are more OOB errors to be found and they will cause you more grief( I'll tell someone else about them and have them post [:D] ).

Mr. Frag, I know exactly where you are coming from with your orginal post. I also play some CRPG games and see post like "My Samurai sucks, what is wrong?" Kinda hard to give any advice without some info.

I also get a little upset when I see the same question asked seemingly endless times. And I know you guys must really get tired of it. [:(]

So, at least from one player, many thanks to all who have worked to make this great game. [:)]
CommC
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2002 8:48 am
Location: Michigan, USA

RE: Posts not containing ...

Post by CommC »

Yes, we players get equally frustrated when we spend $80 on software that doesn't work.

We get frustrated when we report a major obvious bug and wait 3 weeks for a patch for it only to find it wasn't even worked on.

We get frustrated when we post a bug report and get no acknowledgement that the post was even read by the dev team.

We get frustrated when we are told that the game was extensively beta tested only to find major, glaring bugs suggesting that major parts of the game weren't tested at all.

We get frustrated when we volunteer to do testing for free and get told "we have enough beta testors" only to find major bugs suggesting that major parts of the software weren't tested.

We get frustrated when we pay $80 for software that has no warranty that doesn't work.

We get frustrated when we pay $80 for software whose license agreement forbids transferring said software and it doesn't work.

We get frustrated when we post bug reports and get no acknowledgement that the post was read, the bug recognized, that the bug is being worked on or when a fix might become available.

We get frustrated when we users are blamed for bugs in the software created by the programmers and missed by the testors.

We get frustrated when we post bug reports only to be told over and over that the dev team doesn't have enough information.

We get frustrated when we post reports of major, game breaking bugs only to be told that that bug "doesn't matter".

The "computer controlled TF creation" in the small scenarios is a major bug that affects all players and should be given the highest priority to be fixed right away. I will be happy to give you any more info you need. v1.2, new game.
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: Posts not containing ...

Post by Mr.Frag »

Would you like some cheese to go with that whine? [8|]
CommC
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2002 8:48 am
Location: Michigan, USA

RE: Posts not containing ...

Post by CommC »

No, but a little valium might help right now.
User avatar
TheHellPatrol
Posts: 1588
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:41 pm

RE: Posts not containing ...

Post by TheHellPatrol »

Man, i don't know what's going on here these past few hours[X(]. When i bought Witp i had to create a new "forum" account due to my new e-mail address, different than when Korsun Pocket came out...no biggie. After the Witp DD i registered my game...okay...a new "account" , strange at first but again...no biggie. After i printed out my manual i printed all my pertinent information as a second cover sheet:Forum "username" and "password" AND Member "username" and "password" plus my game serial # from my original order confirmation[8D]. Needless to say i have been playing Witp for almost 12 hours with sound and no crashes(knocks wood). These guys, Erik, Marc, Mr. Frag etc...have been very helpful but they can't help us if we don't help ourselves[:D].
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

User avatar
Tenzan
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:39 pm

RE: Posts not containing ...

Post by Tenzan »

The "computer controlled TF creation" in the small scenarios is a major bug that affects all players and should be given the highest priority to be fixed right away. I will be happy to give you any more info you need. v1.2, new game.


If they can fix it-That sounds like it could be pretty tricky...But, I hope it gets fixed. It's extremely annoying.

Otherwise, 1.20 looks like 1.10-with the old UV sounds that came back :)
No new bugs, just OOB/Scendata fix.
Xargun
Posts: 4447
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:34 pm
Location: Near Columbus, Ohio
Contact:

RE: Posts not containing ...

Post by Xargun »

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

your version # and whether this is a new game or a continued save game will be ignored.

Just so you know my view on the topic. You waste my time, I ignore you. I'm sure most of the other testers are in the same boat as to their frustration levels. [:-]

It's a little thing, but maybe you'll catch on that us testers don't get paid to put up with you. I have already seen some comments about xyx not working and blah blah blah that didn't meet this readability standard.

I have version 1.90 and I have a complaint.. The readme file (and Japanese military commanders) said if I bombed PH the US would roll over and beg for peace.. Now they are actually firing back.... Whats with this new patch ????
[:D] [:D] [:D]

Actually I haven't install either patch yet but probably will soon.... Just thought I would jerk Frag's chain a bit..

Xargun
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: Posts not containing ...

Post by Mr.Frag »

Actually I haven't install either patch yet but probably will soon.... Just thought I would jerk Frag's chain a bit..

Not jerking my chain, you clearly identified your version so I know *which* directory on my computer to go run WitP from. I have 5 separate installs just to cover the various combinations of patch, no patch, beta patch, full patch, etc. Not knowing which one to test against is extremely annoying because then I have to test them all to see (a) does the problem exist and (b) is it fixed in a later version.
hithere
Posts: 432
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:52 pm
Location: Atlanta

RE: Posts not containing ...

Post by hithere »

Thus my question is answered...thanks again [:)]
Quote from one of my drill sergeants, "remember, except for the extreme heat, intense radiation, and powerful blast wave, a nuclear explosion is just like any other explosion"
User avatar
Tankerace
Posts: 5408
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 12:23 pm
Location: Stillwater, OK, United States

RE: Posts not containing ...

Post by Tankerace »

CommC, I feel your pain. I remember buying SSI's Fighting Steel, and loved it. But I was equally frustrated at all its bugs. Then again, It cost half as much as WiTP...

WiTP is a great game. I contend that it was just released too early, but at least Matrix/2by3 aren't dropping the ball. For that, I thank them.
Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”